Glen Kamara

dublinbluenose

We have won a watch getting in glen kamara.i knew he was a very decent player what has surprised me is how tough he is in a tackle he very rarely looses a 50/50.his awareness of what’s going around him is outstanding,how many times do you see him get the ball and drop the shoulder and roll the incoming opponent.he was my motm today.

A great piece of business by the club to bring Kamara in early.
He will be integral to how we play next season.

We have won a watch getting in glen kamara.i knew he was a very decent player what has surprised me is how tough he is in a tackle he very rarely looses a 50/50.his awareness of what’s going around him is outstanding,how many times do you see him get the ball and drop the shoulder and roll the incoming opponent.he was my motm today.
He’s far stronger than I expected. I thought he would have been a bit light weight but he’s far from it.
I’ve always liked him, even more now he’s our player

Yup my motm also.

Djoum tried to outmuscle him twice in the first 10 minutes and simply bounced off him.

Argument to be made he's been our best player since he walked through the door.
He’s looked the part from the minute he walked onto the pitch.he’s one of those players who will never dip below seven out of ten every week.

Been waiting for his form to dip (as has happened with other signings making an impact straight away then gradually dropping off) but it has yet to happen.

In fact, if anything he has been getting better. Such an encouraging start to his Rangers career.

Davis and Kamara were never far away from each other when breaking up play, always offering the other an outball.

Kamara strolled through the game.
Absolutely. I know bears have been banging on about having an enforcer etc., but we have 2 footballers in the middle of the park who are very effective. I would like to see Davis, Kamara and Mccrorie in the middle of the park.

Think we need to calm down slightly.

Yeah, he’s started well but he’s also had a few iffy moments and sadly his poor decision making was a key reason to us losing the cup replay against Aberdeen.

If he hits the ground running next season we could indeed have a player but these threads always end up looking daft because if he has a few bad performances it will be met with “what do we expect for £50k?” and similar. (Even though the price paid was due to his contract/pre-contract)

A good player but still a lot to do. Goes for many of our squad.

Yeah, he’s started well but he’s also had a few iffy moments and sadly his poor decision making was a key reason to us losing the cup replay against Aberdeen.

If he hits the ground running next season we could indeed have a player but these threads always end up looking daft because if has a few bad performances it will be met with “what do we expect for £50k” and similar.

Not to disagree, but show me a player who hasn't made a mistake.

Some top players make mistakes at the highest level.

In my opinion Glen has been outstanding for the most, especially at a transfer fee lower than a weeks wages for other players in our league.

I thought he might be a squad player tbh but he has exceeded expectations by some distance. Of course he is very tidy on the ball with great awareness of what is around him but more importantly he can handle himself physically and doesn't go missing when the going gets tough ... none of this I expected and both of these are a requisite for being successful with us.

Will only get better as well ...

I was a bit sceptical about signing him, didn’t think he’d be able to make the step up. Very happy that I’m being proven completely wrong with every game he plays.

Most of us knew very little about Kamara before he was signed. Great credit should go to our scouting team for identifying a guy who looks like he could develop into a very good player.

Him in there with Davis and Jack with Arfield playing further up top has been the reason we have hit this great run of form,loving the way we are playing just now.
Always said cunts in Scotland are nowhere near as good on the ball has countries on the continent,and that includes the mentally challengeds,if you press fast and high the opposition Won’t have the technical ability to pass around us

He was excellent today. Hasn't had too many poor games since coming into the side.

I'd caution that, as hard as it is to believe now, we were all demanding Coulibaly be signed permanently after he'd played 6 or 7 games. We're going to need to build a squad that keep the standards up over a whole season.

If he hits the ground running next season we could indeed have a player but these threads always end up looking daft because if he has a few bad performances it will be met with “what do we expect for £50k?” and similar. (Even though the price paid was due to his contract/pre-contract)

think we can get to caught up in the transfer fee issue, for me its wether or not the guy can play, and yes he shows he can, his skill level is superior to most in this league and will, given the opportunity, be a most valuable asset, think he could excel in Europe

Most of us knew very little about Kamara before he was signed. Great credit should go to our scouting team for identifying a guy who looks like he could develop into a very good player.
Laat April we pumped Dundee 4-0 despite them having the best of the match. Folk on here were crying out for Kamara at the time.

Back