Glen Kamara

The problem is, Ryan Jack doesn't compliment them.
Next season that alone has to be addressed.
Agree with this Jack is a good player but we need a level above him a proper box midfielder that can do a bit of everything is what's required Jack will have his part to play next season of that there is no doubt but we need to upgrade to get success

Not sure about all the 50k stuff - he was signed on a pre contract. 50k wasn't really his value or selling prize, just a sweetener to get him early as out of contract.

A great player at Dundee for those who don't pay attention to other teams.

Eh? We paid 50k for him. How it happened is nothing to do with it, we shelled out next to nothing and the player we have off the back of it is worth a good deal more. Simple.

Quite probably our best player in the second half of the season. Needs to start every game until the end of the season.

Every time he loses the ball he fights to win it back, he is going to be a big player for us in the next few years.

Agree with this Jack is a good player but we need a level above him a proper box midfielder that can do a bit of everything is what's required Jack will have his part to play next season of that there is no doubt but we need to upgrade to get success
I see Ryan playing in specific games such as away ties in Europe, where he is given specific tasks ironically much like his former manager McInnes.
However, I don't see him playing in a free-flowing attack minded Rangers side where passing is the key and accurate passing the master key with great finishing the lock buster for a team that will win the league.

I see Ryan playing in specific games such as away ties in Europe, where he is given specific tasks ironically much like his former manager McInnes.
However, I don't see him playing in a free-flowing attack minded Rangers side where passing is the key and accurate passing the master key with great finishing the lock buster for a team that will win the league.
Yeah I agree mate I think hes improved so much under Gerrard and there will be certain games that will suit him but if we're talking about spending money on marquee players he is the one I'd replace with a marquee player I think it would make a big difference to us in tight games in our league

With Dundee he always looked talented but he looked like he was playing within himself. I didn’t think that would translate well to the pressure of being a Ranger.

It’s early days but so far he looks like thriving in the heat of the battle. He’s much more determined to put his marker on the game. With Dundee it was simple ball and sit waiting for the game to come his direction. So far with us he’s been more dynamic, getting forward much more often and generally affecting the game rather than just keeping possession.

The midfield balance is an interesting dilemma. How the manager sees it it for next season will be interesting but without buying a really expensive player I think we have a lot of players arond the same level.

Kamara looks excellent when there's time and space but I'm not sure he's got it when it's rough and tumble and we need to see just how he can do against the bigger teams when it matters-Aberdeen at home this season he blew up and has taken a bit of time to recover from that. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think he's the real deal week in week out-could be a very important squad player.

Jack has not been as tight as he usually is-we are seeing an abnormal number of stray passes from him but unpopular as it is I do rate him our best midfielder. The problem with Jack he's not really an attacking player that excites the support so he needs the right balance with him.

Ad there's the problem we've got good capable players that strike me as being at a similar level. I think next season we need to be a bit more robust and a bit more adaptable than we've been.

The team needs tweaked and that will require a bit better quality in.

It will be fascinating to see what SG does because if anybody understands a midfield it's him.

With Dundee he always looked talented but he looked like he was playing within himself. I didn’t think that would translate well to the pressure of being a Ranger.

It’s early days but so far he looks like thriving in the heat of the battle. He’s much more determined to put his marker on the game. With Dundee it was simple ball and sit waiting for the game to come his direction. So far with us he’s been more dynamic, getting forward much more often and generally affecting the game rather than just keeping possession.

He looked exceptional in the lead up to the Sheep at home-he had a nightmare and he looked nervous all night. That's the biggest game he's played in for us.

For sure it was a bad night all round and for sure he's hardly made or broke in that one game but considering how well he had been playing it did look like he got stage fright.

Well, there you go, Oduwa. When Rangers are pumping a team 4-0, got to confess, I rarely notice opposition players. But, although it took me a bit longer than others, eventually and after he joined Rangers, I have come to the view that Kamara is a good addition to our squad.

We pumped them 4-0 and 4-1 two games in succession, I got laughed at for saying both times he was the best player on the park. Was choking for us to sign him, and I'm not sorry we eventually did

We have won a watch getting in glen kamara.i knew he was a very decent player what has surprised me is how tough he is in a tackle he very rarely looses a 50/50.his awareness of what’s going around him is outstanding,how many times do you see him get the ball and drop the shoulder and roll the incoming opponent.he was my motm today.
I'm a fan of his too , he's a better player than I had given him credit for .

He looked exceptional in the lead up to the Sheep at home-he had a nightmare and he looked nervous all night. That's the biggest game he's played in for us.

For sure it was a bad night all round and for sure he's hardly made or broke in that one game but considering how well he had been playing it did look like he got stage fright.

Fair point but I didn’t think he hid that night - more like trying too hard for me when it was slipping away. And I thought he played ok as a sub at the phiggery which I thought was a bigger game.

Fair point but I didn’t think he hid that night - more like trying too hard for me when it was slipping away. And I thought he played ok as a sub at the phiggery which I thought was a bigger game.

Hiding is a bit of a cliche but he made a couple of mistakes early doors and then the suicide pass for their goal. After that he wasn't anything like the player he had been....

The fact he was a sub at the Piggery is testament to the fact he'd dipped badly after an impressive start.

We played well today but they gave us all the time in the world-it was not the typical blood and snotters we face.

The boy has talent-let's see how he develops but by %^*& our ability to get carried away is endless.

Reactions: MSF
Hiding is a bit of a cliche but he made a couple of mistakes early doors and then the suicide pass for their goal. After that he wasn't anything like the player he had been....

The fact he was a sub at the Piggery is testament to the fact he'd dipped badly after an impressive start.

We played well today but they gave us all the time in the world-it was not the typical blood and snotters we face.

The boy has talent-let's see how he develops but by %^*& our ability to get carried away is endless.

I agree that we tend to rush to judgment but I don’t think I’m getting carried away.

I just mentioned a guy I thought would be a passenger has actually looked better suited to playing with more expectation and pressure when plenty of other players go the other way. Maybe the step down from Arsenal to Dundee gave him a false sense of comfort and now he realises he needs to push the envelope to make it.

I agree that we tend to rush to judgment but I don’t think I’m getting carried away.

I just mentioned a guy I thought would be a passenger has actually looked better suited to playing with more expectation and pressure when plenty of other players go the other way. Maybe the step down from Arsenal to Dundee gave him a false sense of comfort and now he realises he needs to push the envelope to make it.

Look the level of performances when he got in the team were exceptional. Some players at a certain level are one thing and when it's a step up it's another. We need to wait and see but if he could recreate that type of form in the really big games we've won a watch and one we probably wouldn't keep for long.

You don't dish up the level of performances he did without top ability it's whether he's robust enough mentally and physically that's the question. Today he got outmuscled early doors but kept going and ended up cruising the game. He's not going to be John Greig we know that but he needs to be able to deliver when it matters.

£50k daylight robbery.
Some great piece of business from us to be fair.
Always liked the look of him when he was at Dundee and hope he goes from strength to strength in Rangers blue.

We have won a watch getting in glen kamara.i knew he was a very decent player what has surprised me is how tough he is in a tackle he very rarely looses a 50/50.his awareness of what’s going around him is outstanding,how many times do you see him get the ball and drop the shoulder and roll the incoming opponent.he was my motm today.
Yes, he could find space in a single bed with Michelle McManus.

The thread from December when we were first linked with him is a good read, to be fair most posters were favourable to the signing. The ones that weren't aren't really a surprise though

Andy Dow (ex Sheep, Chelsea, Dundee player) occasionally works where I work and when we signed him he said that Kamara was one of the best players (if not the best) players he'd seen at Dundee. From his first game he looks like a player with total composure. Reminds me a lot of Brahim Hemdani.

Still can't believe he never started at the piggery. He brings a calming influence to the midfield. He looks for the ball, puts his foot on it, remains composed and rarely wasted possession.

He tackles and intercepts the ball ala Brahim Hemdani but also has a bit of bite.

The trio of Kamara, Jack and Davis has been solid over the last three matches and they compliment each other pretty well.

When you see him play it amazes me that he ended up playing at the likes of Southend and Dundee in the first place. He already looks like he is a cut above Scottish football

Was disappointed the other wk when he was only used as a substitute against separate entity. Even though he only had a cameo in that game, he was still impressive. First team regular next season surely

Kamara will go down as one of the best bits if business we have done. Looks an utter steal at the token gesture to get him early

He looks a class act and a steal for 50k. Appears to have the potential to kick on and be a really big player for us.

What I like about Kamara is whT it says about our manager
Kamara arrived and the fans had no expectations
He could have been in and out the side and no one would have batted an eyelid
Davis arrived, big rep and was going to turn the season around
One delivered straight away, the other was clearly off the pace
The one who delivered got a jersey, the one who didn't was benched
It's all about performance with Gerrard, reputations don't count

Settled very well so far, hoping he can continue and improve on current form. Hopefully a good pre-season for him and Davis along with a couple of improved first team players around them, we'll be in good shape.

There’s nothing much to add that hasn’t been said already as most fans can see what he brings to our midfield.

Re the mistake against the Sheep, I think that must have been the biggest game he had played in up to that point, and it was clear his head went down as he wasn’t showing for the ball, and when he did get it the decision making was really poor.

I think he responded well in the games following and has displayed the mental toughness to become a top player for us.

The composure he displayed when he came on at the piggery is evidence of the boys ability to do it for us on a bigger stage and a player of his qualities will really stand out in Europe too.

Back