Glen Kamara

Glen will have a great career with us, of that I have no doubt.

Well done to him and Finland.

As said above, well done Glen and well done Finland.
Focus, dedication and 100% effort for Stevie G and us and you have everything it takes to be a legend.

Is that some nations league loophole? What a farce that's turned out to be.

Yep.
  • Finland won their Nations League group and automatically have a playoff spot.
  • Finland are 2nd place in their qualifying group, 5 points clear of their nearest rivals and have two games remaining.
  • One of their two remaining games is against Greece.
  • Greece are 7 points behind 2nd place Finland with two games remaining, they are out of automatic qualifying.
  • However, should Finland qualify automatically then their play-off spot would go to the next best performing team from their pool in the Nations League.
  • That team is Greece.

Was looking forward to seeing Glen making Clarke and the tartan fannies cry in the playoffs, but delighted for him if they manage to get over the line. Some a achievement by Finland.

Yep.
  • Finland won their Nations League group and automatically have a playoff spot.
  • Finland are 2nd place in their qualifying group, 5 points clear of their nearest rivals and have two games remaining.
  • One of their two remaining games is against Greece.
  • Greece are 7 points behind 2nd place Finland with two games remaining, they are out of automatic qualifying.
  • However, should Finland qualify automatically then their play-off spot would go to the next best performing team from their pool in the Nations League.
  • That team is Greece.

Amazing that you could have a team actively trying to lose a match, and it being justified by earning them a playoff spot. Actually hope Finland don't beat Liechtenstein now just so I get to see this happen.

I’d rather he started performing for us this season.

He’s been a relative disappointment so far this campaign.

Some people just can't see how good he is, he's not been off form this season at all, maybe had 1 off game, was excellent against young boys and Hamilton, so hard to get the ball off, doesn't waste it and can quickly link defense to attack

Some people just can't see how good he is, he's not been off form this season at all, maybe had 1 off game, was excellent against young boys and Hamilton, so hard to get the ball off, doesn't waste it and can quickly link defense to attack
Yeah, he started slow, wasn't poor but he's getting back up to speed now.

Still got a lot of games to go this season.

They'll hump Liechtenstein, a side only slightly better than the likes of Andora and Gibraltar.

Congrats to Glen as he qualifies for Euro 2020 as others look on in utter envy

Good for Glen and good for Finland. Apparently they've never qualified for a major tournament. If they beat the bottom team Liechtenstein in November they go through automatically in 2nd place as the other teams can't catch them.

He admitted himself after his first couple of appearances this season that he was nowhere near his best, was still doing ok mind you

So pleased for him, he is an excellent player and maybe just found it hard at times being in and out of our team and not getting a run of games.

He will have a huge part to play this season

I’m a huge fan of the guy, he’s ridiculous value for money, but I’m not having that he’s had one off game this season. He’s been nowhere near his best.

He’ll admit that himself, he already has.

I’m a huge fan of the guy, he’s ridiculous value for money, but I’m not having that he’s had one off game this season. He’s been nowhere near his best.

He’ll admit that himself, he already has.

2 polar opposite performances in his last 2 games v Celtic, that's for sure.
Been much better last few games though.

Playing international football will develop him as a player which can only benefit us. More games will see an improvement in his performances but it is up to him to force himself into the first team on a regular basis

he’s not had any real run of games. I wouldn’t say he’s been a disappointment either, that’s harsh. Not as good as last season but he’s not been poor either

he’s not had any real run of games. I wouldn’t say he’s been a disappointment either, that’s harsh. Not as good as last season but he’s not been poor either

I wouldn’t say so, he’s just not been near his performances from last year regardless of how you dress it up.

I thought I was being a bit harsh, but I heard @David Edgar and the boys cover it on H&H today and they pretty much echoed my thoughts, so I’ll stand by it.

Rangers ace Glen Kamara could make ‘huge impact’ at Euro 2020 says Marko Rajamaki

RANGERS midfielder Glen Kamara could make a huge impact at Euro 2020 with Finland as they according to former Morton hero Marko Rajamaki.
Finland stand on the brink of qualifying for their first ever tournament after a 3-0 win over Armenia last night.

They now need a win in any of their last two matches at home to Liechtenstein or away to Greece to get to the European Championships for the first time. They have never qualified for a World Cup either.
Gers ace Kamara has won plenty of praise as Finland reached new heights during their campaign and former Cappielow ace Rajamaki, who went on to become a manager in his homeland and is now one of their top TV pundits, believes Kamara can have a great tournament.
He said: "Glen Kamara started to really make an impact in the Nations League games last season and has just got better and better.
"He's shown he is comfortable with the extra responsibility he carries.

"Before this qualifying campaign, Finland's main players were Teemu Pukki and a couple of others, but there's no doubt Glen Kamara is now on that list.
"He's risen to one of the most important players in the squad. He's young and he will have a great tournament next summer once we qualify."

we can claim credit on how he is playing of late. what a strange reply you made.
Sorry it’s just that I am not his biggest fan I think he offers very little going forward and gives away possession in dangerous areas. I get he was a bargain at 50k but do feel he is massively overrated on here Everyone has there own opinion this is mine

Sorry it’s just that I am not his biggest fan I think he offers very little going forward and gives away possession in dangerous areas. I get he was a bargain at 50k but do feel he is massively overrated on here Everyone has there own opinion this is mine
He makes playing the game look easy, very intelligent, he will only get better for us. Can see him earning himself a decent move down south when the time comes.

Wouldn’t agree with that. He’s been sub standard compared with last seasons form. I’d definitely be happier with him finding his best form with us again, as opposed to Finland.

Expect him to start alongside Davis and Arfield in midfield Sunday.

Seems to be back to last season's form again.

Totally agree he's a squad player at best for me, don't see the fuss with him to be honest, nice wee turn away from broony at last of game at Ibrox apart, happy to be proved wrong tho

Reactions: Gee
Back