Glenn Middleton to join Doncaster Rovers on loan

I honestly don't know enough about Doncaster to say, however, I think Middleton will do well there.

I have thought a bigger club with more expectation would have been better for the boy. But you never know what deals go in what way.

I’m sure once Middleton trains with their squad any new gaffer they have will see his quality. The biggest question is whether Middleton fits into a new system.

You’d like to think Rangers will pull him out if they don't like how the changes at donnie pan out. We all know the club have people keeping an eye on each loanee now.

I simply don’t understand why we don’t do this more. Stop them playing against us but have them play against all our rivals

The clue is in the title.

Development loan.

It's to help the player progress to the next level of his development, not to strengthen the club he goes to.

Grant Mccann has just went to hull this will probably hold up any transfer until new manager is in place.

I get that, so maybe livvy/ st johnstone.
But to go to darkest doncaster at that age, i couldnt have done it.
Local is better imo, give docherty his due- he stuck with it.

I know Doc enjoyed his loan and would much rather have headed south mate.

No plastic pitches to deal with either.

Some folk really don't grasp how a loan works.

We cannot just send him to a team, that team has to actually want / need the player first.

Are they in for him?

No but just saying that in general that's the level of Scottish Premier club that would've been good for him for a season.

I mentioned Ross County since they're newly promoted and therefore GM would probably have the best chance of playing every week with them, out of the clubs in our league.

Back