Goal Difference myth

All this focus on goal difference for me is taking the eye off the job required.

Keep winning especially against them and goal difference won't matter in the least. We will win this league by 6 POINTS with two wins and a draw. Let's be positive.
Whilst it is not vital at this stage,the snapshot of the table looks good if we're top.

Mind that time we won the League on Goal Difference? Yeah I'm happy we are well within touching distance.
Why would you not want to pull away and effectively have an extra 'free' point? Bizarre

If the thought of goal difference is pushing the side to batter teams 5-0 then what’s the problem? Especially as I had 5-0 on yesterday!

Its important , mentally as well for the players.
The problem is all the other teams are didies , so a lot of points will not be dropped.
However, my gut feeling is that it will be points not goal diference that decides it.

Only becomes relevant towards the end of the season. Now is all about winning wether its scrappy 1nils or a thrilling 5-4.
if we are 10 or 15 goals worse off than them come march though, and level on points, it may be too late to sort it.
So, put the game out of sight as quickly as possible, then rattle in as many as we can.

Off course the three points is super important but we need as many goals as possible in every game.
Two mins injury time pissed me off yesterday as we had another goal coming and we have been here before.
If we want to win the title we have to win at the Piggery that is clear and we can.

Being top of the league is a boost for morale, we are not the top because of goal difference so it does matter

What’s worrying is that players want to take the foot off the gas when 3/4-0 up when the gaffer wants them to keep going. Just because it might not come down to goal difference, how about having all bases covered just in case it does.

End of the day more goals = more confidence and if the same players keep banging the goals in their value will sky rocket.

Almost like Helicopter Sunday and Dunfermline at Ibrox never happened.

1 goal could win this title in May. There is nothing between us and the mentally challengeds.

The focus can only be winning. We’re Rangers. But you can’t say goal difference is a myth helicopter Sunday wasn’t a myth.

It's too early to be worrying about GD, so I agree with the OP.

When do we worry about it? 5,10, 15 games left? Remember the split which means last 5 games are against the top 6 so may not get the chance to gain more goals.

This it the time to be doing it, it breeds a habit to be relentless against everyone.

At the moment it is important because it is our only chance to get ahead of them assuming both keep winning. We get ahead of them and it increases the pressure on them, and we all know what happens to Lennon under pressure.

Then, at the end of the month, we scud them in their own midden and don't need to worry about it as much. But we do still need to keep sweeping teams aside to keep the confidence high.

Think what the OP is saying is fair enough. Right now I couldn't give a monkeys about goal difference to be honest,with the games coming up I just want 3 points. Score plenty goals and that's a bonus,but not my immediate concern

I think its vital. The teams are so close that it could be very well decided on goal difference and what a kick in the stones that would be if we were on the receiving end of a title loss to goal difference. Gaffer wants us to be ruthless and I'm glad he has that opinion. Goals breeds confidence and the fans respond, so get as many as we can I say.

I am at a complete loss as to how it is causing us to "take the eye off the job required" ??

Firstly, regardless of being level on points we should be looking to score as many as possible in every game.

Secondly, we have lost 1 and drew 1 and neither result was down to us chasing a "needless" goal?

Back