Goal Difference - We're 18 behind

I think goal difference right now is the least of our worries. If we are to claw back the points then we will obviously be clawing back a good chunk of the goal difference as well.

Points difference is a bigger worry but even at that...
The difference in the teams is since the winter break and with pressure really on, we look terrified. As soon as we take the lead Gerrard is out telling the team to be more defensive
Done it against Killie and done it today.
They take the lead and smell blood and go and try batter teams and Lennon is demanding them to go and kill them off

Even Walter wasn’t this conservative

It won’t matter but it’s a valid point.

that goal diff gap is like an extra point on the table.

It won't matter this season unfortunately.

Another thing we need to improve next season. Batter teams when they are there for the beating: try to turn 2-0 into 4-0 etc.

Are we talking real goal difference here, or just the difference in goals awarded or disallowed by corrupt officials?

Doubt we will get that back as we hope for them o get beat or draw, they are grinding out results like the one today

Not being level on points isn't just the problem.

If we'd scored 2 against hearts or Kilmarnock, I'm certain we wouldn't have lost the games

An extra 2 goals for an extra 6 points? It's plain to see, our lack of goals is hurting us. The scum are rattling teams and getting the wins tucked away early (today aside, but still scored 2)

After us and them being neck in neck up until the end of December it's very disappointing to see how far we've now fallen behind.

11 goals in our last 9 games is a very poor return.

Need to get our attacking fluency back and quick.

See after the tynecastle result, goal difference was oot the windae.

We had to keep winning games and looking for them tae drop points.

Highlighting goal difference is a round about way of addressing the real problem - we're not scoring enough goals. We're laboured, obvious and predictable.

It's all been heart breaking. Literally the only thing I am clinging to now is that we get a big performance in Europe - the team has pulled those out of the bag before. That could be the only catalyst for kick starting our season.

We win every game like that today,not pretty i grant you and we'll win the league as they will draw with someone.
Far fetched maybe but is possible then goal diff doesnt matter

If we lost the league on goal difference off course we would be pig sick however it would show we are neck & neck with them and every chance next season, however at the moment I'm more concerned about whether the league is going to be over by the split, and probably not looking forward to next season already. So I am not concerned about goal difference anymore that's gone.

wonder how many goals weve had chopped off incorectly over the season so far must be a few.

Why our last 4 managers persist with only 1 striker in this league baffles me.
Fine in Europe and against celtc but against back 5's sometimes 10's what's the point?
I guess that explains why I'm in the lowly job I am.

A lot of people are missing the point in this thread. We're not scoring goals so we're not winning games and therefore not winning points.

Doesn’t help when we have had good goals chopped off Regardless of form

plus the fact offside goals,handballs etc count against us

It's a valid concern, but if the points gap closes, the goals will too.

If we want any chance of winning this league, they need to drop points at least once, and win both old firms.

The two old firms would be a minimum 4 goal swing,the game in hand a minimum 1 goal, and if they drop points to a draw, a minimum pulled back there.

If the points somehow get pulled back, then at worst we'd be 12 goals behind.

Picking up points is priority right now.

See after the tynecastle result, goal difference was oot the windae.

We had to keep winning games and looking for them tae drop points.

No it wasn't. Tynecastle was a shit result, no doubt, but it only put us effectively 2 points behind. The Aberdeen and Kilmarnock results simply compounded that which now makes goal difference irrelevant.

points are my main worry, but some of the other teams seem to be like cannon fodder to them, before the break we were doing the same.

Back