Goals out with morelos...

Baxter2013

Out with morelos we just cant seem to rely on anyone giving us goals, the only one I think has a chance of ever scoring is katic. Our midfield and upfront players, excluding morelos just do not contribute enough goal wise and until this is addressed we are never gona compete. God help us when morelos leaves in the summer.

Kent looks have added a few more goals to his game bit overall i tend to agree. Hopefully Hagi can prove useful in that department.

Think we need to give the 4-2-3-1 a decent run out, stick Kent over on the right, Kamberi on the left, Hagi as the 10 and have Aribo with any one of Jack/Davis/Kamara. Games like today and so many that we'll play at Ibrox makes the midfield fairly irrelevant and they play a role that you could ask so many players to play

Kent looks have added a few more goals to his game bit overall i tend to agree. Hopefully Hagi can prove useful in that department.
I expect Kent to score more, him and ojo are on 6 goals, another one who isnt contributing enough with goals is aribo

Most successful teams have a number of players who can chip in. When one has an off day another can step up

I expect Kent to score more, him and ojo are on 6 goals, another one who isnt contributing enough with goals is aribo

Kent has played 13 league games and has 6 goals. 1every other game is more than decent for a 10/winger. He only scored 6 in the whole of last season.

Aribo, definitely isn’t producing enough. Hopefully Hagi will make a difference.

Our big problem at the moment is tempo Tav and Jack play a huge roll in driving us forward when they are missing we are too slow and easy to set up against.

Aye that's part of bigger issue with Aribo, he struggles with the end product. Not saying he's a bad player by any means, and he's still fairly young so I'm confident he'll develop. Saying that it doesn't really help us right now.

Might be controversial, but for that big out of your seat moment in an important pressure game - like the piggery from Kent's cross, the cup final, and the 1v1 today, we can't rely on Morelos either. I fucking love him and I don't want to be critical. But when Eduaord went through 1v1 at Ibrox earlier in the season I knew it was a goal. There's a difference with Alfie.

Last edited:
Might be controversial, but for that big out of your seat moment in an important pressure game - like the piggery and the 1v1 today, we can't rely on Morelos either.
His touch to bring it down and take it in his stride was amazing but yes he should have scored.

our attacking wide players

Ryan Kent - 6 goals all comps - 21 games

sheyi Ojo - 5 goals all comps - 32 games

Brandon Barker - 1 goal all comps - 9 games

Jordan Jones - 0 goals all comps - 11 games

joe Aribo - 6 goals all comps - 33 games

Celtic attacking wide players

Ryan Christie - 17 goals all comps - 33 games

James Forrest - 15 goals all comps - 33 games

Michael Johnston - 6 goals all comps - 21 games
That is the difference

our attacking midfielders simply don’t score anywhere near enough goals

Most successful teams have a number of players who can chip in. When one has an off day another can step up
This really is what’s needed to win titles. Without it you’re left with fingers crossed that your goal scorer keeps scoring, doesn’t get injured and doesn’t get suspended. We’re finding out that fingers crossed doesn’t work.

6 in 23 for Kent in all competitions. Not great but certainly not bad, the issue is central midfield and fullback (particularly Tav) not chipping in.

our attacking wide players

Ryan Kent - 6 goals all comps - 21 games

sheyi Ojo - 5 goals all comps - 32 games

Brandon Barker - 1 goal all comps - 9 games

Jordan Jones - 0 goals all comps - 11 games

joe Aribo - 6 goals all comps - 33 games

Celtic attacking wide players

Ryan Christie - 17 goals all comps - 33 games

James Forrest - 15 goals all comps - 33 games

Michael Johnston - 6 goals all comps - 21 games
That is the difference

our attacking midfielders simply don’t score anywhere near enough goals