Golden George Graham

Yes true don't know about three though but that's when our national team at least competed on the international stage won nothing mind you .

Old boy was in Spain golfing years ago, whole arsenal team were there at the same time. George Graham was at the bar and my old boys mate said to George 'Graham George, I'd recognise you anywhere' lol

I read years ago that the players used to have to call him sir and stand up when he came in to the room ? Old school or what.

Managed Arsenal AND Spurs, which seems crazy.

And also Millwall AND Leeds, which also seems crazy.

He's still married to the model he wed when I was born (1967) so fair play.

Was wondering about him the other week. Surprised he has never at least reappeared as a guest pundit on Sky Sports. Just seems to have gone underground.

Reactions: TQ3
Watched Arsenal v Leeds FA Cup final from 1970's recently and GG was excellent as he 'strolled' about the park. He went on to be a brilliant manager and if things worked out differently Sir A would never have had his success. I would loved to have seen GG as our manger. A perfect fit.

Yes true don't know about three though but that's when our national team at least competed on the international stage won nothing mind you .
I remember one of the Scottish managers at the time explaining that if you had more than 3 then they would divide into Rangers and Scum supporters and try to kick lumps out of one another.

was rumours after his departure from Arsenal he was going to replace Barry Fry at Birmingham.Suppossed to have been pally with the owners .I'd have bit your hand off at the time

Certainly knew how to build a defence to grind a win out. Not some of the best games to watch though

Back