Goldson

Defended well, distribution was poor. Our whole midfield couldn't pass either, at least Goldson did the 1st part of his job well.

A few slack passes but he was rock solid defensively.
Bassey was a bombscare in Prague, with Goldson missing.
It's not a coincidence he's been solid playing alongside him imo.

I have backed him to the max up until these last few weeks. His performance have been terrible this season and he needs replaced. Ok, I said it, I feel better now. And we can get better.

Got turned by that you lad twice in the space of a few seconds, lost Boyle a few times, and made some awful passes.

The defence of him on here is odd, when you compare it to the criticism of Morelos. Yet one of them has signed 3 deals and will leave for a huge profit, and the other lies to the fans about not being offered deals and will walk for nothing. Go figure.

Passing suspect tonight but defensively he did absolutely everything that was asked of him. One of our stronger performers.

His passing was shocking at times but his defending was on point tonight.

People will talk about Bassey playing well but positionally Goldson was the one holding it together.
Yep.
Bassey's had three cracking matches for us at centre half, all beside Goldson.
And one stinker, when Goldson was out.

His distribution was very poor tonight. However, it didn't help that the midfield weren't showing for the ball and the rest of the side was far too static.

Hibs actually targeted Bassey and Barisic with long balls as Goldson won just about every header tonight.

Passing was woeful but he was far from the only one. Defensively very good tonight and saved a certain goal with his clearance from under the bar. As well as Bassey is playing, credit has to go to Goldson for bringing him along - we all seen how much he struggled alongside Balogun.

His short distribution was horrendous at times, as well as is concentration in the area when no pressure was on, but he did defence well and that kinda is his job. We didn’t concede and that was partly down to him. Bassey played better I feel, but Goldson wasn’t his worst tonight by a long way.

His contract situation needs sorted one way or another, though, or else he will end up being a liability rather than an asset.

He is still our best and most consistent defender over the last 3 and a half years, he’s not been all bad.

Good cut his long game out by the looks of it, so he needs to sharpen up his short game.

He’s struggling for confidence but he’s giving his all. The defence did their job tonight, they’ve kept 2 clean sheets out of 3 under Gio so there is definitely an improvement. There is a marked difference in the discipline of Tav and Borna. Both did their job defensively well tonight, that’s clearly been made their priority under Gio. If we are not conceding goals we’ll be winning game and picking up points. We’ve lost that ability at times this season but hopefully this is us back on the right road.

3 poor passes tonight, on a difficult pitch.

Apart from that, he won headers, brrathed down his man's neck all night and marshalled that back line.
Agree. Can see him talking Bassey through every game. FWIW both sides were really slack with passing, certainly not just Goldson.

His passing wasn’t great tonight but he was there when it counted defensively. If anybody thinks we come away from there tonight with a clean sheet if Goldson wasn't playing they just aren’t paying attention to what they’re watching.

Im done with him
Ill never forgive him for

1.running his contract down

2. surrendering a cup semi at half time and admitting it to all our enemies.

Get rid in Jan and bring in someone who is hungry

Don't agree with you at all. Yes, his passing at times wasn't what it should be, but his defending was brilliant, what he's actually there to do first and foremost.

Thought he was very good tonight, one misplaced pass apart. Maybe you meant to send that after a previous game and it got stuck in your outbox?
He was poor and I'm not a huge fan of how he defends. Having said that it's a bit of a drag that after every game there's a thread on to basically slaughter him. Then we wonder why his head is turned or he looks under pressure.

He’s a bombscare and quite frankly doesn’t care about the club anymore. Hopefully get rid of him in January

Im done with him
Ill never forgive him for

1.running his contract down

2. surrendering a cup semi at half time and admitting it to all our enemies.

Get rid in Jan and bring in someone who is hungry

Are there any current Rangers players you actually like?

He is not having the best of seasons but the cry to remove him from the team is ridiculous. We have nobody in our squad who is an out and out centre half. Everyone else is a left sided defender. There is no other central partnership we can come up with that is stronger that's why SG and Gio continually play him.. Are people genuinely saying a combination of Bassey/ Balogun or Simpson would be better. o_O

5-CE1-E34-C-2146-4-B2-A-81-B8-ABE831274874.jpg
I thought to myself last night during the game that he had lost possession of the ball a good 5 or 6 times and look all over the place. Bored at work just now and decided to look at the statistics for last night and discovered that he gave away the ball 16 times last night.

Credit where credit is due for that clearance last night (if he even meant it) but he’s an absolute bomb scare with the ball at his feet compared to last season.

When he had to defend last night , he done it better than has been of late ….. anything else was truly woeful

Think was one he got back n won ball brilliantly, carried it forward then passed it straight to one of them with no pressure , that about summed him up

I thought to myself last night during the game that he had lost possession of the ball a good 5 or 6 times and look all over the place. Bored at work just now and decided to look at the statistics for last night and discovered that he gave away the ball 16 times last night.

Credit where credit is due for that clearance last night (if he even meant it) but he’s an absolute bomb scare with the ball at his feet compared to last season.
I noticed his passing 2nd hlaf not one pass
to a Rangers player. Still colossal at the back
when it mattered!

Where is this data from?

He was very dominant in the air and made, in particular, one very crucial clearance in the second half but, yes, his distribution was poor.

His passing was unusually poor but I thought he defended well. A clean sheet is so important for confidence, have to say I've been pleased overall with Goldson under GvB.

He defended balls into our box well, but his passing was utterly abysmal, possibly the worst I can remember from him. Nisbet and Campbell also made him look stupid a good few times. Could easily have cost us.

That near post clearance/flick was incredible though, not 100% sure he knew what he was doing but it was a massive moment.

His passing is erratic, no question. But why does he have to be the playmaker? Why does no one in our midfield say “here, Connor” and take it from him?
This is a symptom of our consistently misfiring midfield. All Kamara wants to do is recycle it, he needs to offer more. Steve Davis, too, he must see it.
Hagi would do it, get him in the middle, we’re wasting him on the wing.
GVB must give us a functioning midfield, it’s the key to everything.

Back