Goldson after the Sakala Goal

He cares but still wants to leave the club that's obvious.
I don’t blame him for that. Its been what, 4 years? Thats a long time in football.

Issue is with the club/Gerrard for not selling him despite knowing they can’t meet his wage demands.

Stating the obvious but it's not a good situation we're in with him, hopefully a resolution will be found soon.
I'm not sure we want to be tied into a long term deal with a 29 year old error strewn goldson at top whack to be honest.

Personally think it will be best for all concerned if he moves on at the end of the season, as is clearly his intention. That's football.

Last edited:
I've not a big an issue with it as many others do. What we paid for him he's been value for it imo. Leaves in the summer hopefully with another league medal all is good on both sides imo.
I think we'd all accept that outcome. Won't be surprised if we get a low ball offer in January though.

That's on Ross Wilson's head.
It’s not really, him and the manager work in tangent.

If Gerrard says “I’m prepared to write off any small fee we would get, to keep a known quantity” then Wilson wouldn’t go over his head.

For what it’s worth, I think he’s worth more to us in terms of what he brings to the squad and our title challenge than a couple of million.

I'm not sure we want to be tied into a long term deal with a 29 year old error strewn goldson at top whack to be honest.

Personally think it will be best for all concerned if he moves on at the end of the season, as his clearly his intention. That's football.
I agree, I think if we can speed that up and get something for him in January then that might even be better.

Goldson is an absolutely key player for us and people need to understand that without him we are not as good a team.
He was back playing those brilliant Crossfield balls today and apart from a couple of difficult moments dealing with long balls he looked calm, assured and class.

I don’t think it’s not that he doesn’t care or is working his ticket. He, IMO, is too professional to do that.

His uncertainty over his future is clearly affecting his game. There were a number of errors in his play today.

Some are in for a shock should he leave in January as he’s going to be a lot harder to replace than some think - let’s not kid ourselves on that John Souttar is better, he’s not.

It’s not really, him and the manager work in tangent.

If Gerrard says “I’m prepared to write off any small fee we would get, to keep a known quantity” then Wilson wouldn’t go over his head.
The manager wouldn't have any say on the transfer fee the club would accept. Why would it be a low fee? Armstrong went down south with a year left on his deal for £7 million.

Ross Wilson job is to provide the manager with suitable options along with getting the highest fee possible for our players.

Fantastic leap and header by Sakala despite having his jersey held by Holt and having a huge Keeper jumping over in his direction. Despite this Walker describes it as so easy for Sakala. I would say it was anything but easy.
Noticed that,on the commentary elswhere it said he had a free header! Couldn't see holt obviously dick heads

Back