Goldson after the Sakala Goal

A thought re Goldson's contract situation, and the form of the team this season.

Bearing in mind that nothing leaks from the dressing room, perhaps Gerrard told the team that he was going after this season. It would explain the general malaise we had, and why Goldson has been reluctant to sign - not knowing who would be manager.
I thought Goldson told a fan the other week at Ibrox that he cant sign a contract if it isnt put in front of him?

We need to make sure that we are selective about who goes in front of camera immediately after a game. Goldson has been savaged over an interview when his only fault is an inability to engage his brain before opening his mouth

More concerned about Goldson on lead up to Anderson’s goal , twice he lost no neck junior n both almost cost us

I hope he enjoys his last 6 months with us and its very successful

Seen little to convince me we should be giving a 30 year old a massive new contract
This is where I am. He was a huge, huge upgrade on what came before but he is, with all due respect, not at the level of some of the greats we have had. I see no reason to grudge him a payday move if that is what he wants; He will have honoured his contract and hopefully walks away with 2 league winners medals and Scottish cup gong. If the alternative is sending more cash his way than perhaps we can or should afford, then we thank him for his time at the club and wish him all the best.

Every single long ball...he can't deal with.

Don't let it bounce is what you're told at school in bloody P.E...he lets it bounce every time.

Head it, don't try and bring it down...he does the opposite.

Don't get caught goalside of man...every fecking time he does.

And it costs us a goal...every time..hence why our stats are terrible in chances conceded vs goals scored.

I am sick of the sight of the guy and his waving arms when he's cost us yet another goal.

I'll give you a player 10 times better than Goldson who did the exact opposite when dealing with long balls...

Marvin Andrews.

No great footballer but we'd have conceded half our goals with him in defence than Goldson.
The goal on Sunday was dreadful from him.

This is where I am. He was a huge, huge upgrade on what came before but he is, with all due respect, not at the level of some of the greats we have had. I see no reason to grudge him a payday move if that is what he wants; He will have honoured his contract and hopefully walks away with 2 league winners medals and Scottish cup gong. If the alternative is sending more cash his way than perhaps we can or should afford, then we thank him for his time at the club and wish him all the best.
Wish him nothing but success

People are getting upset cause he will leave on a free, but we need to be realistic, we will pick up guys for free and we will see some leave on a free.

Back