Goldson agrees deal in principle: Football Insider

The Jimmy Saville of Twitter pages an absolute snake and people believe the nonsense.

Just think how many people will be posting/sending that to mates as if it’s gospel.

Were football insider not pretty reliable last summer?

I'm sure they had the signing of Bassey and another out before anyone else?

I think he is for the off I am afriad, I heard he wants another crack at the Premiership and as far as I am concerend he will leave a hero.

Don’t know the exact figure, as EOD mentioned David has referred to it being a rather low number on a few occasions.

I think it’s less than half that, but don’t want to start flinging numbers about :))

You certainly get the impression Defoe isn't in it for the money nowadays, he'll have made his money and now in his twilight years hes more interested in silverware

I think he is for the off I am afriad, I heard he wants another crack at the Premiership and as far as I am concerend he will leave a hero.
Likewise, but he might sign a contract then leave so we can maximise our profit. Goldson’s been good for us, we’ve been good for him.

If he wants to leave that’s fine, but hopefully he signs a deal first.

Although, I can see him staying for a crack at the CL.

I would be thrilled if this was true, my POTY and so crucial to our team. He has been a colossus this year.

I would be shocked if a EPL never bid for him in the next window. Good English centre half are not exactly thick on the ground.

All of the Goldson wanting to play in the EPL comes from the interview he did with a newspaper in the last month. He said it was his dream to play in it. The comments came across as he's interested but not that he wants to leave at this time.

If he were to leave what do folk think is a an acceptable and realistic fee?

£15m would be my minimum number. Goldson is the rock in our defence, never misses a minute, our organiser. He could play every match for an EPL team reliably. He's easily worth that number for a team like Villa or West Ham.

£15m would be my minimum number. Goldson is the rock in our defence, never misses a minute, our organiser. He could play every match for an EPL team reliably. He's easily worth that number for a team like Villa or West Ham.
All depends on if he signs a new deal, if he does then yeah £15m. If he doesn’t then £8-10m is good business.

Amazing how random, anonymous people can write something on the internet under the auspices of ‘news’ and people will actually take it seriously.

Any f88ker can make a website and a Twitter account.

some right miserable folk on here ffs lol can't share anything with someone bitching about it's validity:rolleyes::rolleyes:

All depends on if he signs a new deal, if he does then yeah £15m. If he doesn’t then £8-10m is good business.
Depends where he is going. If it is the EPL then even with 1 year left on his deal 15 million is nothing to these guys.

While i don't disagree with your post i am pretty sure RW will squeeze every last penny out of a deal and i think he could get us more than 8 - 10 Mill for what is, an English CH with European experience, quite a rare commodity.

30k a week? Any EPL club and sone Championship clubs could double that without blinking.
Not now they cant mate, going to be alot of cost cutting in football for a couple of years.

I really hope he signs a new deal, he would be the hardest player to replace in the squad.

Depends where he is going. If it is the EPL then even with 1 year left on his deal 15 million is nothing to these guys.

While i don't disagree with your post i am pretty sure RW will squeeze every last penny out of a deal and i think he could get us more than 8 - 10 Mill for what is, an English CH with European experience, quite a rare commodity.
It’s a valid point, totally agree with your comment about Wilson. I think the contract situation will harm us quite a bit from a selling perspective.

Hope he signs the deal for a number of reasons, that included. The thing is, he’s 29 this season so he might feel signing the deal will price him out of an EPL move.

Although, the CL may tempt him to sign and stay under the premise that if we don’t qualify then we can leave and we get a decent fee!.

Hopefully he signs an extension and fancies a crack at the Champions League. I'd imagine there will still be EPL offers there for him at the end of next season.

Were football insider not pretty reliable last summer?

I'm sure they had the signing of Bassey and another out before anyone else?

John Mclaughlin they got before anyone.

It could be pish but I wouldn't discount them as they get info from agents off the ex players who do articles for them.

You rarely, very rarely, get a good team that doesn't have very good cbs; keeping Goldson is a priority.

Goldson and helander ar rocks at the back for us . If anyone wants Goldson they’ll need to pay us £15 million .

Doubt he'd get in any of their sides though.

some right miserable folk on here ffs lol can't share anything with someone bitching about it's validity:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Aye - spreading misinformation is brilliant. Makes you an internet legend.

You should work for the written press.

Football insider is as good a contemporary source as the bible.

Back