Goldson and Kamara are contract neg affecting performance ?

James72

Official Ticketer
Goldson and Kamara in my opinion are running down there contracts till Christmas to sign there pre contracts .
Would it not be better to bring on the likes of Kelly who wants to play for us and bring through young mclelland who deserves a chance look at Nathan last year grabbed his chance by the horns and some.

Goldson was solid tonight

Kamara is arguably our best midfielder

The full team isn’t being affected by two players contracts. It’s the new system that’s affecting us IMO
Whilst I agree the system isn't right both have hardly been near the standards they were at last year.
Which is why given the current contract situation I ask is it affecting the team

Look I have no issue with Goldson or Kamara tonight. I don’t think contracts are impacting performances with them at all. We are in negotiations with them and hopefully those negotiations go well. IF and I stress IF they do as you say and sign pre contracts in Jan its a case of work with the clubs they have signed for to get them away immediately, if that doesn’t work freeze them out and we move on.

Nobody is bigger than Rangers!

Goldson and Kamara in my opinion are running down there contracts till Christmas to sign there pre contracts .
Would it not be better to bring on the likes of Kelly who wants to play for us and bring through young mclelland who deserves a chance look at Nathan last year grabbed his chance by the horns and some.
Kamara is signed until 2023, so no Bosman in January.

The full team isn’t being affected by two players contracts. It’s the new system that’s affecting us IMO

I dont agree. I thought Goldson played well but Kamara was poor.

I also think some players are getting top dollar for little input and this has a knock on effect on others.

I saw an SG interview at the beginning of the season and he seemed very off hand. So unlike him. At the end of the interview he was asked if the team was ready and he replied, "I am". Im paraphrasing.

At the time I thought this was strange and perhaps he was unhappy with his budget and /or players' wage demands either not being met or maybe just the amounts demanded. Either way something wasnt right and it seems still isnt.

No.

Look I have no issue with Goldson or Kamara tonight. I don’t think contracts are impacting performances with them at all. We are in negotiations with them and hopefully those negotiations go well. IF and I stress IF they do as you say and sign pre contracts in Jan its a case of work with the clubs they have signed for to get them away immediately, if that doesn’t work freeze them out and we move on.

This isn't me blaming Goldson or Kamara for tonight's loss more looking into why aren't we even close to the team we saw finish as Champions.

Kamara isn’t in his last year. Goldson probably is running his down and the club said they would be comfortable with it. Not ideal but we either never got bids or we weighed up any we did get against having to replace him while keeping in mind ‘likely’ direct entry to CL if we won the league.

How easy do people think it is just to Chuck a couple of young players into a team and still play the same way. Young players are introduced to all aspects of training and playing around the first team for a reason. If it was that easy why bother having experienced players at all if you have a couple of youngsters to Chuck in?

Tbh I don’t see why we’ve changed the system. Revert back to what we were doing last year, this isn’t working for us.

Kamara has two years left he’s going nowhere

Kamara isn’t in his last year. Goldson probably is running his down and the club said they would be comfortable with it. Not ideal but we either never got bids or we weighed up any we did get against having to replace him while keeping in mind ‘likely’ direct entry to CL if we won the league.

How easy do people think it is just to Chuck a couple of young players into a team and still play the same way. Young players are introduced to all aspects of training and playing around the first team for a reason. If it was that easy why bother having experienced players at all if you have a couple of youngsters to Chuck in?
So when Fergie introduced and won the epl with youngsters and on match of the day commentators stated they would win nothing you probably agreed our whole ethos now is about bringing through young talent.
If there isn't a pathway and Ajax are another more recent example then we are fecked as we cannot afford to buy the best players they are snapped up by the bigger leagues.

So when Fergie introduced and won the epl with youngsters and on match of the day commentators stated they would win nothing you probably agreed our whole ethos now is about bringing through young talent.
If there isn't a pathway and Ajax are another more recent example then we are fecked as we cannot afford to buy the best players they are snapped up by the bigger leagues.
You’re comparing Fergie building a team with players he works with every day to you screaming for a couple of young players you’ve seen for some minutes. If Fergie didn’t think they were ready, they wouldn’t be in the team.

There obviously is a pathway, hence Patterson, Kelly and McClelland being discussed. There’s a reason players are introduced to teams the way they are. Just as apprentices aren’t thrown in a van and told to “go and sort stuff”.

You’re comparing Fergie building a team with players he works with every day to you screaming for a couple of young players you’ve seen for some minutes. If Fergie didn’t think they were ready, they wouldn’t be in the team.

There obviously is a pathway, hence Patterson, Kelly and McClelland being discussed. There’s a reason players are introduced to teams the way they are. Just as apprentices aren’t thrown in a van and told to “go and sort stuff”.
I wasn't comparing anything what I'm saying is an age old adage if you are good enough then try them as what happened with Patterson.
I gave examples of teams that have achieved with young guys getting a chance .
Take Kelly for example he was a standout pre season and last year on loan.
Our midfield isn't working could he add a spark?
Your analogy ref apprentices is bizarre to say the least.
How old was Dj when he was thrown in and scored in a cup final.
How old was Durrant and fergie ?
I could go on but getting bored

I wasn't comparing anything what I'm saying is an age old adage if you are good enough then try them as what happened with Patterson.

to be fair your initial post is nonsense and factually all over the place

how can Kamara sign a pre contract at xmas when hes contracted until 2023?

Last edited:
Obviously the manager doesn’t think they’re ready. It’s not all about being able to kick the ball. They need to get used to being in and around big games. They need to be introduced to coming into games and not being overwhelmed by the occasion. They need to be comfortable and able to cope. The manager needs to know what they can do and what they can cope with. How they’ll react. If they’ll disappear under pressure or if it’ll kick them on. How the team will react. If having young players in front will distract the experienced players. If it can all work how we need it to. You can name an outlier here and there but none of it changes anything for these individual players, this team and this manager. The analogy isn’t bizarre in the slightest, it’s the exact same for everybody regardless of the job they’ll be doing.

Totally agree

Kamara was bulied off the ball many times tonight and not by bigger or more physical players. For what ever reason our entire midfield was very poor.

I stopped at there. FFS.

Goldson never put a foot wrong last night and won every challenge he competed for.

Stephen Kelly is a good young prospect, but nowhere near Kamara's level.

You would be seriously weakening our team with your suggestion.

Tbh I don’t see why we’ve changed the system. Revert back to what we were doing last year, this isn’t working for us.
As the old saying goes "If it ain't broken don't fix it"

I am more concerned about Morelos not even looking remotely dangerous and playing with the brakes on.

Goldson never put a foot wrong last night and won every challenge he competed for.

Stephen Kelly is a good young prospect, but nowhere near Kamara's level.

You would be seriously weakening our team with your suggestion.

Agree on almost every account, however, he was lucky to escape a red card. That could've gone either way.
Apart from that, he was superb.

Posted this in the Ross Wilson thread

Goldson didn't do too much wrong tonight to be fair

Kamara hasn't looked himself this season

Back