Goldson Contract ?

I cant see how he does his job properly tbh

Maybe this might fcking be of use to you.

1_Rangers-v-Aberdeen-Scottish-Premiership.jpg

If we win the league this season he won’t be leaving until the end of his contract.
Exactly. If we win the league, have direct entry to champions league why on earth would Gerrard leave for anything other than the Liverpool job?

Just don't see it.

From defoes interview after we won the league it came across as a few thought that they were getting a move in the summer.goldsons interview as well seemed liked he wanted a move as well
Tin hat on but we should have sold when we were in that position of strength. The players that won 55 will always be regarded as heroes, but the club should have tried to move on and not let it get stale.

If he was playing the way he was last season I wouldn't have a problem playing if he signing a pre contract, but he isn't, get the money we can in the next window. He might earn more wages but he won't have the career he can staying with us. He will realise later in life when he has one medal

Goldson to leave in January for a fee = to the remainder of his contract ?

Katic back, Helander back by then = 4 CBs . Upgrade CB next summer..
Not really, it only leaves us with one top tier defender, one good one in balogun and two defenders who aren’t good enough. We would need to bring in a replacement for Goldson in January or our title hopes would take a severe dent.

On top of that you’d be relying on a centre back who had a massive injury in Katic, a defender in helander who seems to suffer bad injuries and balogun who can’t seem to play there games a week. Losing Goldson means you lose someone who’s fit for every game.

Weekend of the county game

Anfield Saturday lunch time
County Sunday lunch time
Liverpool Monday morning

As the person who told me this says - if he was the Liverpool manger he would be in his office/training ground day and night.
RangersTV had a coaching seminar video interview of Gerrard and McAllister last season in which both stated that Beale took 'about 80% of the training sessions'. That's not to say that either Gerrard or McAllister were not there, nor that they didn't have an input into the 'design' of the training session but its clear - and we can all see it from the training videos - that Beale is the one out on the pitch in immediate control of the sessions. Gerrard interjects as he sees fit and McAllister is the go-between for the various elements of the team and management/coaching staff. I'm not sure that's a particularly unusual setup at clubs with an 'elite' Manager.

I'd suggest that Gerrard's 'real' work is in the offices with his support team around him discussing team preparation - or over zoom with them as they will have done most of last season - and in the Dressing Room on matchday. Management is no longer a one-man operation, with much of it delegated to others in the team. However they do it, last season shows it works.

Wherever Goldson's head is at, he needs to get it sorted pronto.

These players dragging out contract negotiations in hopes of more money or a better move, are hindering us definitely.

Need everyone on the same page.

County Sunday lunch time
Liverpool Monday morning

As the person who told me this says - if he was the Liverpool manger he would be in his office/training ground day and night.

If Gerrard had done a poor job then maybe you could complain but he is perfectly entitled to time off.

Anyone who doesn't think Gerrard has been magnificent for us is a complete rocket best laughed at.

Probably the same folk who kept calling Walter a dinosaur as he led us to title after title.

If Gerrard had done a poor job then maybe you could complain but he is perfectly entitled to time off.

Anyone who doesn't think Gerrard has been magnificent for us is a complete rocket best laughed at.

Probably the same folk who kept calling Walter a dinosaur as he led us to title after title.

If we were getting title after title or get title after title whoever the manager is can do what the hell he wants dinosaur or not!

Exactly. If we win the league, have direct entry to champions league why on earth would Gerrard leave for anything other than the Liverpool job?

Just don't see it.
He might get an offer from a club who is in the champions league group stages every year without having to battle past the likes of Malmo (and not making it)

Goldson is 28, so this next contract is going to be the most important of his career. If an EPL club is going to offer him astronomical wages and Rangers don't match it, he would be stupid not to take it.
What we need to do is get a fee for him in January if he goes, and if we do sell him, hopefully he can be loaned back to us for the rest of the season.

Short memories and culture of the moment mate.

He might get an offer from a club who is in the champions league group stages every year without having to battle past the likes of Malmo (and not making it)
Its a difficult decision for Gerrard - and not only because he's 'bought into' Rangers. If he stays here and continues to be successful and delivers the trophies then he is, unquestionably, in the running should the Liverpool job become vacant. However, should he move elsewhere - and it all goes wrong for him - then that dream is gone forever. He might back himself to deliver what is deemed 'success' at a West Ham or Newcastle, for example, but what is 'success' at those clubs? Simply winning more than you lose? Qualifying for Europe?

Hopefully he stays here for a couple of years longer, delivers the trophies and if he moves on to what, for him, is his dream job then he will still be a Legend in Liverpool and a God in Glasgow.

County Sunday lunch time
Liverpool Monday morning

Did it annoy you that we won the league last season? Genuine question because I don’t think I’ve ever seen you not complain on this forum, Miserable bastard

Gerrard is down a lot more often than you’d think.

Correct, The gaffer has said previously that he sees his family more nowadays than he did as a player.

When he played for Liverpool I imagine he would be staying away overnight for European games and many domestic games in the south of England. Coupled with the fact that he had to be at every training session.

We are a side in need of a desperate lift

Is there any news on Goldsons contract?

Why has no one asked the manager in his press stuff?

Pretty critical for us he signs January 1 he can sign for who he wants and then there's no point playing him.
No point in playing him? That's a mental point of view. I don't think he is going to sign a new deal which is a huge loss for the club in terms of quality of player and possible transfer fee, but I would certainly consider him to be highly professional and to perform to the best of his abilities until the summer. Some players prefer to wait until the season is over to make their decision but even if he agrees a deal with a new club on Jan 1st I see no problem playing him. His form since Malmo has been back to last season and I feel the decision about signing a new contract would have been made already sadly.

Rangers have given him a platform. Personally I think the right thing to do if he wants to leave would b resign and have a release clause so we got something.

We didn't do him a favour out of the goodness of our hearts - we signed him to do a job, and he's done it. It's not a popular sentiment with football fans, but he doesn't owe us anything than giving his all and he has done.

And if the rumours that he's not too impressed with what he's been offered in comparison to what Lundstram is on are true, I can't say I blame him.

Pretty critical for us he signs January 1 he can sign for who he wants and then there's no point playing him.

You don't really mean that mate.

Since Malmo he's been our most consistent defender and has shown a very professional attitude in every game.

Exactly. It sets a very dangerous precedent.
Yes I agree and it's seems certain that his agent is in touch with a club in England hence him holding off, I feel if he still refuses to sign he should get an ultimatum before January either agree to be sold to whatever team he has his eyes on or drop to the bench and sit it out.

I don’t think he will sign a new contract and if he has got a competent agent that’s what he will be advising him. Not saying he won’t sign again but if he does it will be at the end of the season after his agent sees what wages he can get elsewhere first.

Every one of these posts are missing the point

You cannot allow your first team players to wind down their contracts and leave for nothing regardless of him "securing CL football"

He does it others follow, sell him in January
Unfortunately , CG hold all the aces . He can do what he likes and suits him, we have no power whatsoever , If he's motivated by the financial aspect , I guess he's south bound . If he wants medals , he's only going to get them staying with us. Crystal ball anyone?

Helander is our best defender, Goldson is our most consistent defender. Hope both stay for 2-3 years but if not we will replace them. Goldson in particular has revigorated his career with Rangers. Perhaps we deserve a bit back from him or maybe not.

Helander is our best defender, Goldson is our most consistent defender. Hope both stay for 2-3 years but if not we will replace them. Goldson in particular has revigorated his career with Rangers. Perhaps we deserve a bit back from him or maybe not.
On the face of it, and based on the facts we know, I’d be disappointed in him.

We picked him up for a relatively high amount of money for us at a time where he wasn’t getting games after his heart surgery and we were prepared to give him an automatic place in the side, and at times his form wasn’t particularly great and other players were dropped for less.

He was a colossus for last season of course, but ultimately for me we’ve given him so many opportunities to reinvigorate his career at a time when many clubs of our size wouldn’t have taken the risk. If he’s sitting waiting for a free transfer after being one of our highest earners in all of his time here, I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t a tinge of disappointment.

Still, you have no idea what’s been discussed between him and the club, but actively refusing what would have been a decent transfer fee for an English central defender in his prime - if his agent had been given the green light to seek a transfer - seems incredibly odd to me.

Personally I suspect he’s waiting to see what offers / options he has before deciding whether to sign a new contract or move on.

Wherever Goldson's head is at, he needs to get it sorted pronto.

These players dragging out contract negotiations in hopes of more money or a better move, are hindering us definitely.

Need everyone on the same page.

I said this a while ago, its all about money.

I believe some are being paid top dollar but are contributing little and this doesnt sit well with others who think its unfair. Im not going to name names as its fairly obvious.

Gerrard gave a press conference at the start of the season and he sounded very unhappy with things. That's not like him.

If you consider our start to the season you'll note who is putting in the effort and who isnt. The buzz word is "intensity". I prefer effort.

Some are just going through the motions and its lucky for us that Celtic are struggling. As for europe. We've played 5 games and been dreadful in all of them.

I love the people saying Goldson leaving for free would set a precedent as if the other players don't have agents who actually do this for a job and, you know, might already be aware that there is more money to be made for their clients by moving on a Bosman.

Agree, I think he's off but the club have taken the view that better to keep him and qualify for the CL direct, then let him go for zip, than get a fee for him and risk not getting the CL spot.

Of course, not selling him and then finishing second will be a master-stroke!

Reactions: Jeb
I believe if he wanted to sign a new contract he would have done it by now.No way we should be allowing him to run his contract down in fact anyone saleable.It goes totally against what we have been told.Buy youngish, develop and sell on.
Over the next 2 seasons we have a lot of the squad being out of contract/liable to retire and we will need another rebuild.If we don't get cash in we are liable not to be able to do this at a decent level whether the Manager is with us or not.

Just my opinion but we are a bottom of the group CL side with what we have now.

Back