Goldson for England

I'm not sure that's true.
It was extremely well publicised. Unless you know something that 90% of media reports said at the time, then I suspect you’re just disagreeing for the sake of it.

I’m not saying it was or wasn’t, but sources who normally have rangers spot on said it.

Actually I didn’t know. I haven’t seen anything that actually confirms he had Premier League offers. And I wouldn’t have said the same about any of the others because they’re younger and imo have more potential.

I think Goldson was waiting on PL offers though and they didn’t come, hence why he signed his new contract at the very last minute. If he loved it here to that extent he wouldn’t have needed to wait until bang on the deadline to put pen to paper.
That’s not how media speculation works mate.

Why would you have seen something that ‘confirmed’ it unless you are privy to private negotiations or contract offers?

You’re entitled to your view that you don’t rate CG. You should also watch his interview from when he signed where he explained why he waited, not delayed, to signing a new contract and it was very much a family decision.

My standpoint re. England is when you look at some of the bang average players they’ve capped at Centre Half, if he played in England then he’d get more recognition.

Let me ask you another question then, on the subject of Forest and him not being good enough, do you rate Scott McKenna or Joe Worrall higher than Goldson?

That’s not how media speculation works mate.

Why would you have seen something that ‘confirmed’ it unless you are privy to private negotiations or contract offers?

You’re entitled to your view that you don’t rate CG.

My standpoint re. England is when you look at some of the bang average players they’ve capped at Centre Half, if he played in England then he’d get more recognition.

Let me ask you another question then, on the subject of Forest and him not being good enough, do you rate Scott McKenna or Joe Worrall higher than Goldson?
I rate Goldson. I don’t think he’s good enough for England mind and I think there’s. a lot of delusional with regards to that kind of thing on here. And despite what he had to say after penning his new deal, I don’t believe for a second that he wasn’t waiting for a better offer to come along.

As for Worrall and McKenna, that’s different because they’ve been promoted with a club they joined when they were in the Championship. They’ve not been signed as Premier League players. Add to that there’s every chance they’ll go right back down.

I rate Goldson. I don’t think he’s good enough for England mind and I think there’s. a lot of delusional with regards to that kind of thing on here. And despite what he had to say after penning his new deal, I don’t believe for a second that he wasn’t waiting for a better offer to come along.

As for Worrall and McKenna, that’s different because they’ve been promoted with a club they joined when they were in the Championship. They’ve not been signed as Premier League players. Add to that there’s every chance they’ll go right back down.
I’m not suggesting for a second he’s going to dislodge John Stones or Maguire, but in terms of making squads in the same way as guys like Ben Mee/Michael Keane/Tyrone Mings then he’s in their league IMO.

Regardless of whether Forest go down or not, these guys are playing in the Prem. James Tarkowski just got relegated with Burnley and he’s had international recognition, so that doesn’t really mean much.

If you slotted Tav and Goldson into 95% of England games would they be noticeably weakened, think the answer is probably no.

Harder argument to say they’d definitely improve them, so much competition for places.
I think if you slotted Tav in when they play the lower ranked nations he’d actually improve them as I think out of all the England full backs (James, Walker etc) he is by far the best attacking threat. Defensively (I know, I know) he’s probably weaker and same in all round play to merit them being ahead but I’m sure his assists and goal record would out shine the others if he’d been given the nod. I just don’t understand why no EPL club has ever put in a good offer for him when he posts the numbers he does.

Goldson (again not sure why he didn’t have more EPL teams after him this summer) I think is too far down peaking order and rightly so but then is he actually grades worse than McGuire and White that get game time for England??

McGuire will defo be getting the bullet from England's world cup squad. He is utter muck. Unfortunately it won't be our Connor who gets to step up.

Can’t see anyone playing up here getting picked for England, unless they stand out like a sore thumb in the CL

Lovely to watch Man Utd suffer, utter scum.
z6iCUye.gif

Couldn’t give a Shiite about England but would like Goldson (who has been very good for 4 years) to start doing his job again by clearing his lines or passing to a team mate. Was giving me heart attacks in them last 2 games against USG.

Amazing there are people who think Goldson is good enough to play for England. He does a job for us but constantly gives away possession and free headers in the box. I wasn’t fussed at the end of the season when it looked like he was leaving on a free

An England manager would be slaughtered if be gave an SPL player a chance. There's more options in the EPL that are proven of playing at the top level week in week out.

I don't think Goldson could do a job for England but if it was his priority he would need to leave Scotland

Don't get me wrong, he's been brilliant for us, but consistently he makes at least one awful mental error a game and more often than not it's when under little pressure. In the prem or in europe, that's punished regularly.

I personally had made peace with him leaving in summer for that reason, so no, don't agree he's anywhere near good enough for England squad.

Back