Goldson last night

Thought he was pretty solid last night. He occasionally looks a bit lost when he's on the ball like he doesn't know what to do - not always his fault though as sometimes there's very little movement ahead of him.

Katic's brilliant run from defence up the left deep into their half made me laugh a little. Especially when he ran out of ideas, options and energy and pretty much slumped on the pitch before getting a pat on the back from one of the others.

Personally I thought he was very poor last night and his passing out from the back gave me aids

last 20 mins he picked up as did the rest of the team

By far our best defender, he's not without faults but i think he marshalls attackers well and doesn't make rash challenges which is why i rate him higher than Katic.

Both central defenders defended brilliantly against a very talented attack last night.
Katic diving in (again) set-up their second goal. Kind of tough to say he defended brilliantly when that happened.

It's okay to say we were rubbish for an hour and made the comeback of all comebacks. It's true.

Thought he was pretty solid last night. He occasionally looks a bit lost when he's on the ball like he doesn't know what to do - not always his fault though as sometimes there's very little movement ahead of him.

Katic's brilliant run from defence up the left deep into their half made me laugh a little. Especially when he ran out of ideas, options and energy and pretty much slumped on the pitch before getting a pat on the back from one of the others.

Katic wasn’t given any options there mate to be fair.

People rewriting history here. The entire defense was suspect for large parts of the first half. A few inches lower on the strike and Tav would have gifted their captain his second goal. If Hagi hadn't marshaled the troops 90% of the team would have been getting it on here last night and this morning, let's not kid ourselves.

Thought he was quietly excellent again last night.

tackle at 3-2 was critical to us winning.

Last night was fantastic, but I am afraid I have to disagree with you.

Yes his tackle was magnificent but felt he looked suspect through the game. His use of the ball was shocking at times.

Out of the defence I would have said Katic was the one that had his big boy pants on when we were in real trouble.

I’m not having that. What’s going on at the second goal? Admittedly it should have been our throw but the guy powers through our defence without anyone offering a challenge

He cut across Barisic mate, but it was a good strike from outside the box.

He has great moments and terrible moments. For every great tackle, there's a long straight ball he can't deal with and stands with his hands up looking for a freekick. They should have scored after 4 minutes from one of these Aberdeenesque moments. Overall I don't think we can expect real quality with our budget. He is as good as can be expected, just frustrating when we expect perfection.

He was ok in the 2nd half but I'm still not completely convinced by him or Katic. They have good games but they also have alot of shockers. On a side note Katic trying to do a Joe Aribo and take on the whole Braga team was amusing.

Goldson has been generally solid since Pittodrie. However i felt he was poor last night other than the last ditch tackle. He’s been having a good season and everyone can have a poor game. Our strongest centre back.

I think struggled for the first hour like most of the team couldn’t do the simple things but they all came together and that tackle WoW!

Last night was fantastic, but I am afraid I have to disagree with you.

Yes his tackle was magnificent but felt he looked suspect through the game. His use of the ball was shocking at times.

Out of the defence I would have said Katic was the one that had his big boy pants on when we were in real trouble.
He had no option but to try passes himself last night. Davis and kamara in particular simply weren’t at the races.

He was forced into risky passes because our midfield was overrun with the aggressive pressing in numbers by braga. Did you see them go for Katic when he had the ball?

Thought they were both excellent under the circumstances.

He was excellent again last night.

Show me a defender that never gets rag rolled, gets every pass spot on or prevents every attacking move by the opposition. It's impossible. Even the best defenders make mistakes, or just get caught out.

Statistically Goldson passing is very good, he's quick, strong, physical, athletic and he absolutely gets it. Gerrard calls him a winner and a leader.

He'll only be fully appreciated when he leaves us and we realise how good he was.

He’s very good.

I’ve seen the likes of Richard Gough and other others get ragdolled in Europe, time and again. At times we’ve totally lost perspective.

Don’t remember Gough being rag dolled time & again mate. Or Butcher.

Those guys were class in any level of football.

Was that the incident where the Braga player bought another free kick off the ref by falling over under minimal pressure. Katic over ran the ball and could have played it off sooner, but I dont really blame him and the free kick for Braga was a fcukin scandal.

Cracking crunching tackle to save tie, yes. First half I wasn’t impressed, thought he was poor on the ball, although that’s maybe due to the press from Braga and the lack of options ahead of him.

Tough game for the defence as their forwards were excellent, and their midfielders were getting freedom to run at our defence.

I questioned the marking a few times in that first half and people not going with runners, but from me that was more directed at Katic and not Goldson.

There was a phase early in the second half where Rangers seemed to be trying to gift Braga another goal and Goldson caused one of these chances. Aside from that I thought he was probably the best defensively last night, and happy to have him as one of the pillar's the team is built on.

Really dont get the comments from people on not being a good footballer. Having watched our games this season his passing, especially long balls have been outstanding for a centre halve. Has created a great deal from this in the final third for us. Massive, massive player for us.

I think we miss Helander a lot more than people realise. We didn't look as composed defensively last night and that's one of the very very few times you can say that. Helander is a proper international centre back, very experienced and played at a high level.

Im a big Katic fan but he has had some extremely hairy moments in recent weeks.

Thought he was good last night especially when you consider Kamara and Davis were having mares. The movement of the Braga players was excellent and I thought he coped well.

Back