Goldson lunge - Sportscne

So wait a minute, “the refs are against us” “it’s a conspiracy” is spouted constantly yet when something like this goes unpunished (bad tackle btw, straight red) it’s now sportscene that’s against us? Does it not just highlight that maybe just maybe there is no big conspiracy and the refs/var are just shite?

I give up

I don’t mind them looking at it as long as they do for all of them.

When it’s against us it’s usually ‘a coming together’

As long as there is fairness in analysis that’s fine
I thought he was very lucky at the time.

But as you say, we're not getting this analysis when it's against us.

Without seeing Sportscene, I'd confidently bet every penny I have that they never mentioned the penalty Silva should have had when he was penalised for handball.

The speed at which play resumed tells us the VAR (who apparently check everything) never even looked at it.

There is a quite baffling focus on us. Yesterday’s narrative seems to go on this incident and some desire for Silva to get a 2nd yellow. Ignoring an Ayr player who had been booked pulling a shirt back in the second half, ignoring a tackle on Cortes which was surely a foul in the same way that Dessers was penalised against Celtic back in August, little interest in ‘lucky boy’ Nawrocki last week. It’s just boring.

The main story relating to decisions yesterday was that Collum was absolutely all over the shop, giving out bookings for nothing and giving decisions inconsistently left, right and centre in a game that was particularly one sided and relatively dull.

If that's a red then no matches would get finished as they would all be getting abandoned for a shortage of players.

As for those getting on the sportscene script on here, here's a towel to wring your hands with.

I take it their cb who had a knee high swipe last week while on a yellow had the same micro focus on him?

I thought he was very lucky at the time.

But as you say, we're not getting this analysis when it's against us.

Without seeing Sportscene, I'd confidently bet every penny I have that they never mentioned the penalty Silva should have had when he was penalised for handball.

The speed at which play resumed tells us the VAR (who apparently check everything) never even looked at it.
Mate, it was a straight red, if the boy had went down he was walking

I don’t mind them looking at it as long as they do for all of them.

When it’s against us it’s usually ‘a coming together’

As long as there is fairness in analysis that’s fine
This is the core of the issue

ALL of our games are selectively highlighted to show us in a bad light an promote the idea that we are getting away with murder

Likewise the mhanks games are selectively highlighted to portray them in as good a light as possible to airbrush any contentious incidents

The Editorial stance is clear

When watching the game I was sure Goldson was getting a red for that. No doubt he's reckless and it is a lunge with studs up.

He doesn't catch the other player thankfully so I don't think it was a red.

I am however surprised Collum didn't send him off if he had half a chance.

So wait a minute, “the refs are against us” “it’s a conspiracy” is spouted constantly yet when something like this goes unpunished (bad tackle btw, straight red) it’s now sportscene that’s against us? Does it not just highlight that maybe just maybe there is no big conspiracy and the refs/var are just shite?

I give up
If you think what happened at parkhead at new year then decisions lately hibs etc is just shite refereeing no wonder we get walked over
Plus whole point of post here is how sportscene use selective incidents 9/10 it’s incidents that involves Rangers

I thought at the time he would get booked when play stopped. The still makes it look even worse but couldn't be any complaints if a card was shown. Goldson was pretty poor yesterday. As others say, if the player had went down or reacted, Collum would pull out the cards as per usual.

I thought it was a red at the time and still think it's a red.

Doesn't matter if he doesn't make contact. It's a reckless and out of control lunge from him.

We got away with it for sure. But lunge aside, this is creeping into Goldson's game more and more lately. Striding forward out of position, either takes a heavy touch or loses the ball needlessly, panics and lunges into a daft challenge.

I give up
How does the production on Spotscene exonerate Collum cheating us at Parkhead, Mclean cheating Aberdeen last weekemd or Robertson cheating us?

And that's without mentioning the time after time Clancy has cheated us.

Can't believe people are saying it's a red

Guy continues running with the ball ffs
It’s a leg breaker mate Goldson is very lucky his contact scuffed him.

He was out of control and over the ball contact minimal or not it’s a red card.

I’d be going mad if someone did that to our player as it’s a inch away from a horrendous injury

If you think what happened at parkhead at new year then decisions lately hibs etc is just shite refereeing no wonder we get walked over
Gees peace man. The refs/var in Scotland are dreadful, if that’s an Ayr boy making that tackle and not getting red then this forum would be filled with people claiming they were right that everyone is against us and there’s an agenda.

Can’t have it both ways, if there really was this big conspiracy then why did he get away with it

It was a stupid tackle from Goldson, he should really know better, though there is an issue with mostly Rangers incidents being highlighted by sportscene while other incidents are airbrushed.

If that goes to VAR Goldson is sent off through his own stupidity by over running the ball.

He’s high & out of control. Thankfully he got away with it.

How does the production on Spotscene exonerate Collum cheating us at Parkhead, Mclean cheating Aberdeen last weekemd or Robertson cheating us?

And that's without mentioning the time after time Clancy has cheated us.
Cheated us or got it wrong cause they’re pish refs?

How people don't think it's a potential red is beyond me.

Lunges and is out of control doing so. Doesn't matter if he missed the boy. Thankfully doesn't matter after the result.

Any examples of other players getting sent off for similar tackles where no contact has been made?

Can't believe people think a player deserves to be sent off for the most minimal contact.

Then again maybe people are just looking at any reason to jump on Goldson

Cheated us or got it wrong cause they’re pish refs?
Johnstone's handball wasn't getting it wrong. It was a blatant handball. Not awarding that is cheating.

McLean, a celtic fan, not sending off the tim player was cheating.

Clancy has undeniably cheated us and has a long history of it.

The ref's are shocking in Scotland, bit that doesn't excuse deliberate cheating.

Back