Goldson - Staying another 4 years!!!

Followbear93

Admin Edit:

Now jump to page 24 and ignore the previous 23 pages of mostly made up pish :D

Do you not think it be a good idea to do a RTV Interview or Premier Sports one after finishing the season on a high and give the supporters the truth and let him thank us ect ect. Every player has done a interview bar him. I guess we will get a instagram post thanking us waiting on the Nottingham Forrest result.

He doesn't deserve to leave without a goodbye its all just a bit wired IMO I think it maybe depended on the Europa Final game - the result.

Either way always loved the big man. Leader and top CB.

Although he will not get no where near a bigger club than Rangers. Top professional. Good luck Connor.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d rather be said nothing and moved on , rather than give the support cliched soundbites .

He played every time we asked him and was a big part of 55 and Seville , he has come to the end of his contract and honoured it .

He’s entitled to move without giving an explanation .

However , when he runs out to his first home game with his new team he will realise he’s f.ucked it imo

Best of luck to him

Shame he couldn't he convinced to stay and even more of a shame if his talent is wasted at Nottingham Forest. We do need to freshen up the squad, but it's a shame to lose a player of his calibre for nothing.

But he was instrumental in 55, in a Europa League final run, and in a long awaited Scottish Cup triumph. He will be remembered fondly enough.

Do you not think it be a good idea to do a RTV Interview or Premier Sports one after finishing the season on a high and give the supporters the truth and let him thank us ect ect. Every player has done a interview bar him. I guess we will get a instagram post thanking us waiting on the Nottingham Forrest result.

He doesn't deserve to leave without a goodbye its all just a bit wired IMO I think it maybe depended on the Europa Final game - the result.

Either way always loved the big man. Leader and top CB.

Although he will not get no where near a bigger club than Rangers. Top professional. Good luck Connor.
Premier sport!
GTF

Goldson's been good for us, we've been good for him.

We were a mess defensively before he arrived. In return, we gave him the platform to play for a club he'd never get near if he stayed in England.

He's clearly made his decision and owes us nothing. I wish him well. But he'll regret it before we do.

Not fussed in the slightest to be honest.

If he was leaving for family reasons it would've been easy enough to come out and tell us by now. I think we'd all accept that.

If he's leaving for more money he clearly thinks he's better than he is.

Shipped 1 goal on Wednesday, could've been 3. Not unusual for him.

Goldson's been good for us, we've been good for him.

We were a mess defensively before he arrived. In return, we gave him the platform to play for a club he'd never get near if he stayed in England.

He's clearly made his decision and owes us nothing. I wish him well. But he'll regret it before we

Hope he gets the chance to ply his trade in the EPL, even playing Championship football is more appealing than Ross County away, Motherwell away etc.

Good luck Goldson, still cant believe we didnt work out a decent chant for him!

I’d rather be said nothing and moved on , rather than give the support cliched soundbites .

He played every time we asked him and was a big part of 55 and Seville , he has come to the end of his contract and honoured it .

However , when he runs out to his first home game with his new team he will realise he’s f.ucked it imo

Best of luck to him
Great post

He leaves with my best wishes. Left us with a trophy. Don't see the point in having an overly sentimental farewell moment for him. Think both parties got what they wanted from one another. Four solid years of service. He'll be remembered fondly in the years to come imo.

Never really took to him, put that down to him seeming to be a miserable bugger - a bit like Roofe.

Seen better players than him leaving Rangers and the club as always will keep moving on.
You’ve never took to an excellent centre back, a leader and someone that has never once been injured in four years? You’ll maybe appreciate what we had after he’s gone.

Best of luck to him
Your last sentance is absolutely top drawer he will of fcked it

Best of luck to him
This. He was a good player and was part of a huge achievement at the club and almost one even bigger achievement.

We don’t need the contrived sentimentality that smaller clubs feel the need to manufacture. We’ve had plenty better centre halves than Goldson and we’ll have better again in the future.

wish him luck on his journey/ career he has in front of him , he served us when we needed a decent CH , we go to another level now which means we have to let go players like him , he certainly isn’t worth what he asks by a long way and to go where we need to we need better

“He doesn’t owe us anything”

Well apart from resurrecting his career.

But good luck to him, English players will always go back when they get the chance. It’s the way of it. He’s got a title and a cup. And a European final. Now it’s time to set himself up for life.

Back