Goldson - Staying another 4 years!!!

I've absolutely no anger issues.

I just don't understand why yo uwould make up lies about this to make it look like you hav einfo at Rangers, then when ffound out you have been talking nonsense you double down on it and still keep up the pretence of knowing things.

You're not a teenager.
Lies you say?

I know Kevin Drinkell fairly well and he once told me, during his spell as Charlie Mulgrew’s manager, that in all his playing career and in his agent career, nobody every actually knew the weekly pay of him or his clients. It was all pure guesswork. The idea that people on this thread would know the details of what Goldson asked for, was offered or rejected/accepted is frankly ludicrous.

What is there to debate?

He is a good defender but above that he is reliable to be fit every week. Who other than Bassey has not had problems through out the season with injurys that has played along side him over the years. He is there every week ready to go.

Part of a team that made it to a European final but he's pish? He would have left us for nothing and we would have had to find some one of the same quality or better without bringing in any funds from him leaving to do so.

Regardless if he had an improved offer or not, Even if he did. The wages we will pay over 4 years would of been the outlay straight up to replace him.

Think its a great deal for the club.

I know Kevin Drinkell fairly well and he once told me, during his spell as Charlie Mulgrew’s manager, that in all his playing career and in his agent career, nobody every actually knew the weekly pay of him or his clients. It was all pure guesswork. The idea that people on this thread would know the details of what Goldson asked for, was offered or rejected/accepted is frankly ludicrous.
I tend to think the same about transfer fees aswell. I accept that some people may find out that a player is signing before it's common knowledge, I doubt they'd also know the fee though. I just disregard anyone that comes on here claiming to be ITK, saying we're interested in player X for £5m. Actual finances of a deal would be kept very close hold.

I tend to think the same about transfer fees aswell. I accept that some people may find out that a player is signing before it's common knowledge, I doubt they'd also know the fee though. I just disregard anyone that comes on here claiming to be ITK, saying we're interested in player X for £5m. Actual finances of a deal would be kept very close hold.
100%. I joked about the ITK thing taking the piss out myself because I posted a stag video and yet some people on here genuinely either believe they are, or try to pretend they are, genuinely on the inside with intimate player and club finances.

Not sure who you’re referring to but I don’t deny I wanted him to move on.

He’s been a decent player for us, but I wanted better than Goldson.

Is that OK that I disagree with the majority of FF on him KH ?
Whilst I totally respect your opinion to go and get better would cost fair more than we could afford. Yep he’s not Gough but he’s a very very good ch that rarely misses a game.

He wins loads of headers from corners, especially this season, but hasn’t scored enough.

Not detracting from Goldson, i'm ecstatic he's staying. But I think Butcher and Gough played against better overall quality in the league at that time. Scottish football wasn't quite so impoverished in comparison to others as it is now. Bosman was world changing.

My mum worked in the pub that Gazza drank in in Kilbarchan and they used to get journos asking the staff how much he earned as if they would know. Jimmy Five Bellies once said in conversation about it that only three people on the planet knew Gazza's wages and that was Gazza, his agent and David Murray.

While people might estimate players wages, literally no one will know exactly.

What is there to debate?

He is a good defender but above that he is reliable to be fit every week. Who other than Bassey has not had problems through out the season with injurys that has played along side him over the years. He is there every week ready to go.

Part of a team that made it to a European final but he's pish? He would have left us for nothing and we would have had to find some one of the same quality or better without bringing in any funds from him leaving to do so.

Regardless if he had an improved offer or not, Even if he did. The wages we will pay over 4 years would of been the outlay straight up to replace him.

Think its a great deal for the club.

Agree.

Would cost a decent fee to replace him and embed new signing into squad - taht element is priceless, it’s clear the squad rate him as a player and a man, no replacement has that guaranteed.

If he’s had a pay rise then it’s deserved.

Also, should he leave we now get a fee

Had resigned myself to the fact he was leaving.

Hasn't hit the heights of the 55 season and has made a few mistakes last season (along with everyone else) but overall I think he would be very hard to replace so delighted he's staying.

Back