Goldson wanted by Leeds

Boots'n'Braces

Our players seem to be attracting a lot of interest these days.
Connor Goldson Heads List of Targets

A new centre back is a priority for Leeds and Rangers' commanding Connor Goldson tops their list. He is also a target for fellow promotion chasers Fulham but Leeds are hoping for a deal either this window or in the summer.

The Elland Road side do have one of the best defences in the Championship this season, conceding only 23 goals in 27 games, but basically all of their defenders will be leaving at the end of the term. Ben White will return to parent club Brighton while veteran Gaetano Berardi is out of contract.

Football Insider claim Goldson is now a top target for Bielsa with Leeds looking to strengthen their limited options. Remarkably, the former Brighton man has played 90 games in total for Steven Gerrard's team since signing last summer, including 36 appearances this campaign.

However, they could face tough competition from Fulham if they want to get this deal over the line during this transfer window.

Just tell them all to do one

15 million in the summer when they’re back in the EPL would be understandable if Goldson feels like he has unfinished business.

Anything else is just pointless for us and the player.

I would imagine a departure will be anticipated for the Summer, a reason we've got such strength in that position.

Football Insider is someone sitting reading red tops and then posting a story with different teams.

A lot of nonsense.

We're getting big money for Morelos this summer.
Why are so many folk ok with selling other key players when that one sale will be plenty to balance the books? Goldson, Barisic, Kamara, Tavernier, Aribo are all under contract for a while. Every time we hear a club is interested, it's wait and sell in the summer.

We have the makings of a really good team under a very good manager, let's not rip too much of it up and have to rebuild again.

Why are so many folk ok with selling other key players when that one sale will be plenty to balance the books? Goldson, Barisic, Kamara, Tavernier, Aribo are all under contract for a while. Every time we hear a club is interested, it's wait and sell in the summer.

We have the makings of a really good team under a very good manager, let's not rip too much of it up and have to rebuild again.
SG's in control dinny fret....He's had a sniff of silverware and after our next, he'll want to keep a winning/quality squad

Although Goldson is a good player, I don't think we'd miss him that much if we got a good price for him.

Katic and Herlander would probably be a solid pairing.

He's not irreplaceable like Morelos or Barisic.

Goldson is the best overall defender we’ve had since Davie Weir. His reading of the game is absolutely second to none and it’s why he’s Gerrard’s main man. There will be no chance that Katic and Helender are ever deemed good enough as a partnership to justify letting Goldson leave.

Goldson can go.

If someone stumps up £20m by January 24th to allow a week.

If not? Plums.

I agree with that to a degree but I'd like to think that our management team are anticipating situations like this and have possible replacements earmarked and our recent recruitments in the transfer market have mostly come up trumps.
I'm reasonably confident that if we can buy a player for £1.5m and sell him for anything north of £10m we have the recruitment team more than capable of replacing him with a superior player.
Having said that I'm sure (well hopeful) that none of our players will be sold in this window.

Our players seem to be attracting a lot of interest these days.
Connor Goldson Heads List of Targets

A new centre back is a priority for Leeds and Rangers' commanding Connor Goldson tops their list. He is also a target for fellow promotion chasers Fulham but Leeds are hoping for a deal either this window or in the summer.

The Elland Road side do have one of the best defences in the Championship this season, conceding only 23 goals in 27 games, but basically all of their defenders will be leaving at the end of the term. Ben White will return to parent club Brighton while veteran Gaetano Berardi is out of contract.

Football Insider claim Goldson is now a top target for Bielsa with Leeds looking to strengthen their limited options. Remarkably, the former Brighton man has played 90 games in total for Steven Gerrard's team since signing last summer, including 36 appearances this campaign.

However, they could face tough competition from Fulham if they want to get this deal over the line during this transfer window.

Just tell them all to do one

Thanks for that B&B's, especially the last line. ;) :)

You would think guys at the age of Tav, Goldson and Borna will want a move at some point if it is to one of Europe’s big leagues.

While they will be earning a right few bob at RFC, they could probably double their money and collect a belter of a signing on fee at a Premier League club or in Italy in Borna’s case. In their late 20’s, the window of opportunity will close in the next year or two.

They will want that last big move to set their pension up for life and we can’t compete with that in our league.

There is also a part of me that thinks it would be somewhat immoral to deny them the chance to make that kind of money.

It’s the sad reality of it and hopefully we’ll get our reward for giving them the opportunity to make themselves so marketable.

As someone who's seen a fair bit of Leeds this season, Goldson is head and shoulders above any of their central defenders.

Still don't believe he'll be going anywhere this window.

Connor along with others, I'd be bitterly disappointed if any of our top players wanted to leave, or were given the green light to leave.

There's never any prices quoted for our players in these articles.
A few months ago that donkey Ajer was been talked about for 15 million!

You would think guys at the age of Tav, Goldson and Borna will want a move at some point if it is to one of Europe’s big leagues.

While they will be earning a right few bob at RFC, they could probably double their money and collect a belter of a signing on fee at a Premier League club or in Italy in Borna’s case. In their late 20’s, the window of opportunity will close in the next year or two.

They will want that last big move to set their pension up for life and we can’t compete with that in our league.

There is also a part of me that thinks it would be somewhat immoral to deny them the chance to make that kind of money.

It’s the sad reality of it and hopefully we’ll get our reward for giving them the opportunity to make themselves so marketable.

As much as I hate the truth, your post speaks volumes.

Feck morals.
If this was a reality, the flip side would be for them to honour their contracts.
The bottom line is that we’ve got a league to win.

Gerrard's main man.

IF he goes is the summer we'll get top dollar. Gerrard will not let him leave without a premium on top of the price.
I agree he’s always in the team so I’d be very surprised to see him leave this window as he’s a chance of a winners medal for 55 and we’re still going well in Europe If they make a daft offer in the summer that’s different.

Although Goldson is a good player, I don't think we'd miss him that much if we got a good price for him.

Katic and Herlander would probably be a solid pairing.

He's not irreplaceable like Morelos or Barisic.

Helander won't be back until March, so that would leave us with only Katic and the potentially excellent, but still untested Edmundson.

Your attitude seems a bit strange towards our manager's first choice centre half, who's virtually an ever present in our best defence for a decade.

Helander won't be back until March, so that would leave us with only Katic and the potentially excellent, but still untested Goldson.

Your attitude seems a bit strange towards our manager's first choice centre half, who's virtually an ever present in our best defence for a decade.

Well if Herlander is out that long then we should definitely keep Goldson.

I think Goldson is a great player, but I don't think Katic and Herlander are that far behind, but don't think we've seen them play together yet so hard to say if they'd be a good pairing.

Back