Goldson wanted by Leeds

Money talks, come in with a ridiculous bet be prepared to be laughed at
Sadly every player has their price

Our best business this month will be keeping everyone, SG knows he doesn't have to sell the top performers and that's good enough for me.

Trim the fat and carry on.

We're getting big money for Morelos this summer.
Why are so many folk ok with selling other key players when that one sale will be plenty to balance the books? Goldson, Barisic, Kamara, Tavernier, Aribo are all under contract for a while. Every time we hear a club is interested, it's wait and sell in the summer.

We have the makings of a really good team under a very good manager, let's not rip too much of it up and have to rebuild again.

This,and if we don't want to upset and piss off Stevie we can't be selling off our best assets.

Bidding starts at £20m for any of our first team if any English clubs want them in January.

Morelos bidding starts at 30m

Otherwise fxxk right off.

My scenario is this. We win the league. Yes!
But the club need to cash in some assets. For me that is
1. Alfie 2. Kamara 3. Goldson. 4.Tav (possibly). 5.Barisic
That gets us back on financial footing and we have to buy a striker to replace Alfie and left back for Borna.We have Edmundson to replace Goldson, Patterson for Tav and enough midfielders to cover Kamara.
Will be sad to see those boys go but I think the above is the reality.

Get promotion and pay us an EPL level fee then we will talk

I love Goldson, but with Niko, Edmundson and Helander all fighting for 1 place if we got stupid money it would make sense to sell him on, few extra million for being a league winner aswell

It's the model we have to stick by, purchase at a decent price and sell high, he is a far better player now than he was when he first arrived

You would think guys at the age of Tav, Goldson and Borna will want a move at some point if it is to one of Europe’s big leagues.

While they will be earning a right few bob at RFC, they could probably double their money and collect a belter of a signing on fee at a Premier League club or in Italy in Borna’s case. In their late 20’s, the window of opportunity will close in the next year or two.

They will want that last big move to set their pension up for life and we can’t compete with that in our league.

There is also a part of me that thinks it would be somewhat immoral to deny them the chance to make that kind of money.

It’s the sad reality of it and hopefully we’ll get our reward for giving them the opportunity to make themselves so marketable.
Spot on..its only the big money that will turn their heads.

That gets us back on financial footing and we have to buy a striker to replace Alfie and left back for Borna.We have Edmundson to replace Goldson, Patterson for Tav and enough midfielders to cover Kamara.

You're saying it's reality mate, but other than a cameo against an awful team from Uzbekistan, we have literally no idea how Patterson will handle senior football. He could be a sensation or he could go the way of many young players that show initial promise (see McKay, Middleton, Hardie, Atakayi etc.) Edmundson for Goldson, again he's looked good in very very brief cameos but how will he hold up over even half a season?

You say we have more than enough cover in midfield to lose Kamara, considering that the middle three rotates between Jack Kamara Davis and sometimes Arfield and Aribo, selling Kamara would leave us one spare central midfield of quality for a system of 3. Way too many gamble's with what you're saying for me there, I agree we need to cash in and strike while the irons hot in one or two players, but that's more like a firesale that you've suggested.

I certainly wouldn't be happy going into CL qualifiers with totally untested players after losing ones that we know are the real deal.

You're saying it's reality mate, but other than a cameo against an awful team from Uzbekistan, we have literally no idea how Patterson will handle senior football. He could be a sensation or he could go the way of many young players that show initial promise (see McKay, Middleton, Hardie, Atakayi etc.) Edmundson for Goldson, again he's looked good in very very brief cameos but how will he hold up over even half a season?

You say we have more than enough cover in midfield to lose Kamara, considering that the middle three rotates between Jack Kamara Davis and sometimes Arfield and Aribo, selling Kamara would leave us one spare central midfield of quality for a system of 3. Way too many gamble's with what you're saying for me there, I agree we need to cash in and strike while the irons hot in one or two players, but that's more like a firesale that you've suggested.

I certainly wouldn't be happy going into CL qualifiers with totally untested players after losing ones that we know are the real deal.
I would definitely not be happy either but just my feeling about the reality. In all honesty if it get us stable financially and we put a halt to the titles for them I would take the risk of a partial rebuild. Even if it meant not winning the title the next year. But the big thing for me is to win this one. We cannot sell anyone who is vital to the current first team this window.

I honestly can't see Goldson wanting to leave.

A massive factor in him leaving Brighton was that he was stuck behind 2/3 excellent centre backs there and barely getting any gametime after - quite remarkably - coming back from heart surgery in 2017.

Since then he has become a mainstay in our team and plays a prominent leadership role within our squad as vice-captain - pretty much every game, it is most often his voice you hear. He has spoken glowingly on several occasions about the opportunity we have given him to enjoy his football again and rack up 40-50 appearances every season, which is exactly why he left England, and the Premier League, in the first place.

Leeds are looking on course to be a Premier League side next season. We all know what promoted sides do in the summer that follows their promotion. I strongly doubt Goldson would be given anywhere near the playing time he gets here at the moment. Leaving to return to England to a side which is unlikely to guarantee him gametime over a sustained period of 2-3 seasons would be returning to the same situation he was so sick of in the first place.

And that's nothing compared to the idea of him going to the Championship to a side likely to stay there (i.e. Fulham).

Last edited:
There’s no chance we will sell half a championship winning team ... if that happens then Gerrard walks I’m afraid

Almost laughable that these infamous bottle merchants think they can take one of our best players.

Stay in your lane.

Our players seem to be attracting a lot of interest these days.
Connor Goldson Heads List of Targets

A new centre back is a priority for Leeds and Rangers' commanding Connor Goldson tops their list. He is also a target for fellow promotion chasers Fulham but Leeds are hoping for a deal either this window or in the summer.

The Elland Road side do have one of the best defences in the Championship this season, conceding only 23 goals in 27 games, but basically all of their defenders will be leaving at the end of the term. Ben White will return to parent club Brighton while veteran Gaetano Berardi is out of contract.

Football Insider claim Goldson is now a top target for Bielsa with Leeds looking to strengthen their limited options. Remarkably, the former Brighton man has played 90 games in total for Steven Gerrard's team since signing last summer, including 36 appearances this campaign.

However, they could face tough competition from Fulham if they want to get this deal over the line during this transfer window.

Just tell them all to do one

Between this & Barasic leaving on a free i think i'm just gona chuck it...

Almost as though certain people are trying to unsettle us (if the wee sarcastic emojis were working i'd have inserted one here)

FF should run a sweepstake to see who it will be tomorrow. All profits to buy cheap Scum shares at a knockdown price.

What do you reckon that brings us in? £60m+?

Take it or leave it £20m in the summer and pony the cash up front now.

If we can keep the current squad together until the end of the season and, hopefully, win the league, we could be looking at perhaps 5 of our starting XI being sold off - TAV, Goldson, Borna, Kamara and Morelos. In which case, our scoutng team had better be doing their homework right now in identifying suitable replacements.

Its bound to be a big ask, signing and then bedding in, circa 5 new players whilst trying to (hopefully) defend the title as champions, and at the same time fending off the challenge by the bheasts.

Oh dear, mentally challenged press going all out to turn the heads of our players now that their beloved IRA eleven are about to get their arses handed to them on a plate. No one is going anywhere ya dirty 19th Century Terrorist bastards! gerritrightupye!

According to the media, Rangers players are worth nothing in the close season, but in big demand in January, you would think someone thinks we might just be good enough.
PS, if Leeds need to strengthen, it should be a goal scorer they buy, they just don’t score enough goals.

It's not the reality. We may sell one or two but the whole team will not be ripped up.

Back