Goldson "wanted" by Nottingham Forrest and West Brom

This is from someone who's always in his wife's company. I don't blame his missus. Also she's meant to be a really down to earth woman.
Bumped into them a few weeks back. I was in ‘enemy territory’ in the Barras so the Rangers vice-captain was the last person I expected to see . I was buying a car seat/pram at the Glasgow Pram centre. As was he by the looks of it. I know, cool story etc etc….

The Patterson comparison is silly. Everton are paying for the potential with Patterson. 16m is a punt for them, no different to us shelling out £3m for Hagi as a punt.

Goldson is nearly 30 and isn't going to get any better (or much) than he is now and only has 2-3 years left at his peak.

I think he's good enough to play for a bottom half EPL side but we all see things with blue tinted specs. If EPL clubs really thought he was good enough they would be snapping him up in a heartbeat for nothing just now.

The Patterson comparison is silly. Everton are paying for the potential with Patterson. 16m is a punt for them, no different to us shelling out £3m for Hagi as a punt.

Goldson is nearly 30 and isn't going to get any better (or much) than he is now and only has 2-3 years left at his peak.

I think he's good enough to play for a bottom half EPL side but we all see things with blue tinted specs. If EPL clubs really thought he was good enough they would be snapping him up in a heartbeat for nothing just now.
What Patterson comparison?

What Patterson comparison?

This Patterson comparison I imagine -

"I am sure, I mean quite sure, we sold our reserve RB to that very league like a few weeks ago for a fee of about 16 million pounds, which suggests what you have said there is just a bit silly really."

This Patterson comparison I imagine -

"I am sure, I mean quite sure, we sold our reserve RB to that very league like a few weeks ago for a fee of about 16 million pounds, which suggests what you have said there is just a bit silly really."
It's not really a comparison TBH, it is an instance that shows "clubs down south look upon our league with utter disdain" is a bit of a silly thing to say

What is Goldson wanting?
What are we offering?

I’d love to know the answer to those two questions, and why seemingly no middle ground has be found despite months of negotiation.

We shouldn’t be letting our most consistent CB vanish on a free, unless his expectations are ridiculous and we’re left with no alternative.

I’d love to hold onto Goldson but if he were to move on the big man deserves a better move than either of these. He deserves a crack at the prem

I think he'll sign a new deal.

But I absolutely don't blame him in the slightest if he doesn't, no matter the level he ends up at.

4 years is a long time to be at a football club in the modern era, especially when its in Scottish football. We should be planning players to stay no longer than 3/4 years when they come here.

Back