Goldson

Just said on another thread how I feel he’s started the season so well.

Think the key is giving him a breather a few times through the season, it’s showed in the past in the second half with the pressure and amount of minutes that he can make mistakes.

This ahould be avoidable this year with 4 solid CH’s

The 2nd half incident where he slid in, hooked the ball away, got back to his feet and sold the forward with a wee drag back was brilliant. Seriously brilliant.
His pass forward was intercepted and less than 2 seconds later Shagger saves a shot with his left foot.

That's Goldson in microcosm, there's real talent which is undone by bad decision making.
Yes, the quality of the opposition was high, but that pass was suicidal.

Both centrebacks played very well tonight considering quality of opposition.

Goldson is growing into being a future rangers captain if tav leaves and/or if goldson will sign a new deal, he has been excellent last few games for us.

Helander considering his lack of games this calendar year was also very good, reading of the game despite his lack of pace very impressive.

He was superb tonight except that pass which led to Havertz chance.

He should be the one wearing the armband imo.

Like Goldson think he is our best CB by a mile my only worry is that he and it’s not just him struggles with a straight long ball it’s my biggest gripe with him.

To me, He’s looking more aggressive this season. Noticeably closing down the balls to feet much quicker

I agree I think he has been great and Helander had a good game aswell, up against some real top class talent that we wont come anywhere near to facing in the spl.

I’m not his biggest fan and feel he always has a silly lapse in concentration in him however thought he was very good tonight, big Helander strolled it too.

Hardly recognise Goldson this season such is his perfect start , sadly hard to recognise our impostor of a CF too.

Sums where we are up. Guy missed an open goal and nearly gave another away, has a great game. Yet others are shit. No offense to Goldson, but he was as bad as the rest tonight

Why is this a surprise to anyone??

In 95% of games he plays, he is generally faultless.

Incredibly consistent and solid. Yes, he has the odd blip - but that's the point it is very, very rare.

For me it is generally just a continuation of what he has been doing previously.

Should be the captain really.

Just my own prediction, but I think this will be his last season in Scotland. I can see him wanting to have another crack at it in England next season. And I'd fully understand that.

Both centre halves were outstanding tonight. I'm really happy with our options in that area of the park now. Definitely got the best centre halves in the country in my opinion.

I’ll admit I’m not his biggest fan but credit where it’s due ...He’s been great so far this season ... long may it continue

Consistency is CG problem...2/3 good games & then he has a mare. I hope & pray he continues his good/steady start...we don’t need him to be outstanding every week but 7/8 outta 10 every game at Centre Back wins you titles.

I’ve not seen the game tonight but going by comments he has gifted Leverkusen a chance that wasn’t taken...pretty much sums Connor up for me.

Hopefully he brings consistent performances throughout the full season. I hope & pray.

I’m of the opinion that Helander’s a better out and out defender as he reads the game a lot better, but Goldson is better physically.

I’d delighted with our depth at CB, wouldn’t have a problem with any one of them starting.

If we could.just leave him to defend. He's very good.
If we only had midfield more positive that stopped.passing back to him so fecking often.
Let him defend. Stop passing the buck and giving him the ball all the time !!

Without crowds you can hear how commanding he is. I'm a big Helander fan but Goldson is our most important defender.

Probably more creative than some of our midfielders as well.

I love him. Big no nonsense guy who carries us at times.

His biggest problem to now is how often he's had to babysit his CH partner. I like both Katic and Big George but there's no doubt they need more experience. When you see him with Helander, and briefly with Balogun, you see him more able to concentrate on his own game. Him and Fil work well together.

Agree with the point above - I wish he was shown a bit more love from the fans. A lot won't realise what we've got in him until he goes back to England. I hope he's here a few more years though.

Back