Goldson

Worrying thing is , goldson has these mistakes in his game , and it’s always games it matters where we have a chance to make life much easier for ourselves. Third season now and he’s still doing it. He got let away with it last year due to edmonson & katic being worse. Another performance like yesterday he should be dropped for belougn as now we can do that

My issues with Goldson are similar to the ones I had with Amoruso.

He's had enough errors now (the foul where he had no need to dive in in the 1st OF game last season, gave away a free kick and we conceded from it and then an indentical incident in the LCF are two prime examples) for people to question whether it's just now part of his game and he can't cut it out.

The difference with Amo is he also led the team trophies, played in treble winning teams and scored cup winning goals.

Until Goldson proves everyone otherwise, he's going to get heavy criticism when his mistakes lead to goals.

He wasn't the only one yesterday but he's meant to be the leader in there.

The full backs struggled yesterday too. Goldson having another brain fart sets the whole move in motion for their 2nd though.

I can't see me ever taking to him fully. Only shiny silver things would change my mind. Onus is on him to make that happen as one of Gerrard's leaders.
I wouldn't mention the undropable Goldson in the same breath as big Lorenzo

Reactions: dmg
I wouldn't mention the undropable Goldson in the same breath as big Lorenzo

I only did so as I think Amo's legacy has improved beyond what he was at one point. He was the boo boy of Ibrox for a long spell and while I'm not one for berating players at the games, there was reason it was happening to him after continued %^*& ups.

I still haven't fully forgiven him for Monaco at home despite all the glory since that night!

I only use him as an example of what Goldson could become for us but it all depends on him and the team cutting out the stupid dropped points as a result of errors and actually winning something.

At year three (more with some of them but certainly into the 3rd year of stability) they're getting to the point where unless the prove to us otherwise, they have major problems.

Goldson has major issues in his game. If they don't stop biting us on the arse, the comments will be worse before they're better.

He's made one mistake in the 9 games he's played this season and our defence with him in the centre have conceded 2 goals all season. 2!!

Fan Internet culture now though is the same every f*ckin week on here. A player isn't absolutely perfect for 90 minutes then its a total pile on. Goldson has been very good this season and had one bad spell yesterday, it happens.

What a bunch of sad, miserable wee men we see on here after a setback.

As one who hasn't always been fully convinced by Goldson , I think he has started the season absolutely rock solidly, yesterday aside of course.

We have options at centre back now.

Balogun and Helander should get a run of games IMO.

Goldson is solid enough for the most part, but he's also had more high profile brain farts than just about anyone else in the team.

The worrying thing is we are guaranteed that there will be another handful of games where either Tav or Goldson will make a mistake that will cost us points.

We have 4 capable centre halfs. After that performance today someone else should be given a chance. Otherwise it sends a poor message to the squad.

They havent lost a goal for 7 games and now the scatter gun comes out. If Morelos had scored the header or kent scored that chance or arfield or if the off side had been called on their goal then the game would have been won. Both full backs could have stopped the ball coming into the box as well, why Goldson keeps getting it in the neck ill never know!!

He's not wrong Goldson got schooled all day by Nisbet both the crosses could have been stopped by Tav and Barisic and Helander although fouled still let the man out jump him for the goal.

he outjumped him because he gained an unfair advantage by fouling him .I fail to see why you think he let him outjump him when he is being fouled ?
I suppose you think it's the Rangers defences fault the hivs player was offside....

he outjumped him because he gained an unfair advantage by fouling him .I fail to see why you think he let him outjump him when he is being fouled ?
I suppose you think it's the Rangers defences fault the hivs player was offside....
That covers the Helander was fouled bit in post you clearly did not read.
The defence was terrible yesterday as was the team as a whole you could not tell what team had millions spent on them.

Knew he would revert to his old ways eventually.

Far too casual at their equaliser and looked absolutely rattled for the rest of the game up against a couple of big lumps.

Oh grow up ffs. "Revert to his old ways." He's been behind only Kent for POTY so far and absolutely solid, while playing some phenomenal passes that have driven us forward in crucial attacks. Yes he fucked up yesterday for their equaliser but even at that, Tav could've blocked the cross and Helander could've made even the slightest attempt at winning the header.

The worrying thing is we are guaranteed that there will be another handful of games where either Tav or Goldson will make a mistake that will cost us points.
This is true unfortunately and yet they are probably the first two names on the team sheet for Gerrard.

Poor from him and Helander tbh.

Helander beaten far too easily for the header
To be fair to Helander it’s pretty difficult to jump when the opposing player has two hands on your back holding you down, Morellos does that and the goals disallowed ala Kilmarnock last season.
As for Goldson, had a nightmare last 20 minutes when he couldn’t really do anything right.
Biggest downer for me is first the offside and then the foul on Helander and not one of our players showed any sign or annoyance at the officials, this for me is something that runs through the whole club and far too many of our fans, accepting wrong decisions without a whimper and is the main reason we won’t win this league anytime soon unless something dramatic changes.

Last edited:
Im one of his biggest critics, I always feel he has a mistake or a misplaced pass in him. Having said that, hes been exceptional this season, and after Kent would have been my first name on the teamsheet.

Every player in the team will have a bad game at somepoint during the season, he was just unfortunate his came during a game we had missed 3 sitters and an awful offside decision away from it being, "just one of those days" for him. Im certain he will bounce back against Motherwell

That covers the Helander was fouled bit in post you clearly did not read.
The defence was terrible yesterday as was the team as a whole you could not tell what team had millions spent on them.
You said, “Helander although fouled still let the man outjump him for the goal”
Hardly covers the fact he couldn’t jump because Doidge was holding him down with two hands on his back.

I think we ask our defenders to do too much too often because of our poor midfield. Maybe not necessarily the case here, but too many times do attackers stroll through our midfield leaving our defence exposed.

These things happen. We all know by now that both Goldson and Tav "have a mistake in them". I guess the chances of losing a goal as a result of that mistake are higher due to how we tend to play?

You said, “Helander although fouled still let the man outjump him for the goal”
Hardly covers the fact he couldn’t jump because Doidge was holding him down with two hands on his back.

That's what happens in football Helander for me was our best defender I said this yesterday, has to be more street smart.
The post earlier was stating the defence were not that bad which I dfisagreed with Goldson was rubbish and made mistake after mistake against Nisbet and both Tav and Barisic were at fault as they did not prevent the crosses.

To be fair to Helander it’s pretty difficult to jump when the opposing player has two hands on your back holding you down, Morellos does that and the goals disallowed ala Kilmarnock last season.
As for Goldson, had a nightmare last 20 minutes when he couldn’t really do anything right.
Biggest downer for me is first the offside and then the foul on Helander and not one of our players showed any sign or annoyance at the officials, this for me is something that runs through the whole club and far too many of our fans, accepting wrong decisions without a whimper and is the main reason we won’t win this league anytime soon unless something dramatic changes.
Totally agree , however it starts from the top and runs down the way .
I am scunnered with the silence from the board and Manager on the horrendous referee decisions on a weekly basis . It actually appears like they don’t give a f&@k.
I hope someone from the club reads this message board, as I’m not the only one who thinks this.
It’s time to start growing a set and fighting back and put pressure on referees

Knew he would revert to his old ways eventually.

Far too casual at their equaliser and looked absolutely rattled for the rest of the game up against a couple of big lumps.
Let's not forget McLaughlin saving his arse after being turned by a rookie in the first 15 mins.

Considering he was responsible for their second goal he should have been one of the first up on the chopping block. Not as if he hasn’t done it several times before either, though most tend to erase Goldson gaffs from memory.
Fair enough. But then in another thread Tav was at fault for both. Seems like 1 to 11 getting singled out.

i agree he was shite against hibs, i also think he has been excellent up to sundays game

Back