Goldson

After a certain amount of games the requirement for a suspension is extended to 12 yellows, assuming that you haven't already been suspended for 6 yellows before that time.

Goldson is definitely available for Sunday.
Cheers

They were wrong. He had to get 6 bookings in the first 19 games to merit a 'totting up' suspension. He didn't. It's now 12 bookings in 38 games for the next threshold.

I get that, I'm pretty sure that the talk of him being suspended for Sunday was after the Sheep booking though, I passed it onto a Whatsapp group after reading it on that thread :oops:

Not sure what your point is mate. The fact is he is NOT suspended for Sunday regardless of who said what or when they said it.

I know he's not suspended bud, you said yourself it was a daft rumour started on here that grew arms and legs, I fell for it as well after posters were stating he was out the poet game on the thread during the Sheep game.

I'm glad he's available.

He's not suspended, but it wasn't a daft rumour, it was a poster doing his best to keep us informed and missing a little known rule.

I appreciate the poster was well intentioned. I don’t doubt that for a minute.

Not the sort of thing to post without first checking your facts though. It took less than 5 minutes on the SFA website to establish Goldson wouldn’t be suspended. The ‘chaos’ caused by his rumour has left many of our fans still of the mind that Godson is suspended. (He isn’t ;)). Sometimes doing a bit of fact-checking is more important than getting what you think is a ‘hot scoop’ out there in cyberspace.

We’ve all been there though, including myself.

Slightly off topic but I saw his post on Instagram. Two years ago today he was all tubed up lying in a hospital bed having just come out of heart surgery.

Since then he's played in the English Premiership, 46 games thus far for Rangers, including football at Europa League group stage level.

Some recovery that. Hard work, dedication, mental strength... I'll forgive him for some poor showings this season.

Not suspended but that doesn't mean he should start.

Indeed, whereas I recognise and admire his ability, there are substantial numbers on here who think he is rubbish and should be punted at End of Season !

Are you in that camp ?

I appreciate the poster was well intentioned. I don’t doubt that for a minute.

Not the sort of thing to post without first checking your facts though. It took less than 5 minutes on the SFA website to establish Goldson wouldn’t be suspended. The ‘chaos’ caused by his rumour has left many of our fans still of the mind that Godson is suspended. (He isn’t ;)). Sometimes doing a bit of fact-checking is more important than getting what you think is a ‘hot scoop’ out there in cyberspace.

We’ve all been there though, including myself.

Agree entirely :rolleyes:

Indeed, whereas I recognise and admire his ability, there are substantial numbers on here who think he is rubbish and should be punted at End of Season !

Are you in that camp ?

No.

But he looks as if struggling for fitness and confidence. Katic and Worrall have recently looked our most solid defenders.

Goldson will be back, but Sunday is not a game to play anyone less than 100%.

Slightly off topic but I saw his post on Instagram. Two years ago today he was all tubed up lying in a hospital bed having just come out of heart surgery.

Since then he's played in the English Premiership, 46 games thus far for Rangers, including football at Europa League group stage level.

Some recovery that. Hard work, dedication, mental strength... I'll forgive him for some poor showings this season.

Many would do well to be reminded of this.

Most of the squad wont have played as many games in an entire season as they have until now. And still 8 games to go.

Goldson is without a doubt the best cb in the league he's went from playing 6 or 7 games over 2 seasons to 40 odd games this season he looks done in and in need of a good rest

By the end of this season (barring injury) Goldson will have played more games than in the three previous seasons combined. Might go some way to accounting for his apparent 'fatigue'.

Back