Good bit of Honesty from Russel Martin

Fair play to him for a wee bit of self-deprecating humour.

But by f*ck, I shudder every time I hear his name. I remember one game bored out my tits in the 2nd half, deciding to keep a tally of how many headers he won. Stopped counting at 1 out of 7. Can't even remember who the striker was but he wasn't a giant.

Fs mate, lighten up. He may have been poor, but he still wore our jersey.

We must be the worst set of fans for abusing ex players. Can understand if a player talked badly of the club when away, but a good proportion seem to get it.

Don't get the internet idiots and anonymous crap mixed with the real truth bro. Honestly, in the real world I can't think of any ex-Ranger that gets abuse from Bears when they play us, except O'Halloran for very obvious reasons, and Naismith/Whitaker to a lesser extent for their utter self-serving cowardice in 2012. Most returning Gers players, even the bad ones, are given some respect, and are welcomed back because they "still wore our jersey" as you said yourself. By contrast I am amazed at the abuse other fans give to their former heroes, which is incredible given those same fans expect their old players not to celebrate goals against them at the same time. Bizarre.

Apology not accepted he was an absolute fucking disgrace for a International/EPL defender.
It’s telling he is seen as amongst our worst EVER signings regardless of era or banter years.

You never called him back because your board were sellling an asset you thought wasn’t good enough but still found time to air your dirty laundry in public.
Get fucked ya wankstain, poor boy will likely NEVER have a club the size of Rangers interested in him ever again
Well if he's not going to interest any bigger clubs, maybe he's not worth bothering about.

Fair play to RM went up slightly in my estimation. Watched his press conference sounds like the club is a bit of a shambles just now

Grim memories.

"He'd stroll it up here."

I think the best thing Mr Martin could do is not to try and dig a deeper hole for himself. Quite simply he should just shut up. Swansea will be the only losers in this as Whittaker will join us in the summer on a free if Beale is still keen to bring him here.

Russell Martins "clearence" against them in the Scottish Cup semi final was one of the most offensive pieces of defending I've ever seen. Even Rob Kiernan would've been laughing at him

The single worst player I’ve ever had to endure as a rangers fan IMO.
laughable how he played as many times as he did.
an absolute colossus of pure unadulterated shite. Will never ever forget him.
now he’s annoying me years later for a whole host of new reasons.

Fair play, there’s a lot of players that owe us an apology from 2012 onwards.
I don't see this as any kind of apology. I think he's just referring to all the posts on LinkedIn that left him in no doubt that they thought he was crap. I'm sure that the clowns who thought it was a good idea to send him a message on social media were not very complementary about his time at Rangers. Crap may have been the least of the insults.

Grim memories.

"He'd stroll it up here."

That thread is amazing!

B-)

Dreadful player but why on earth would you message him to tell him?
Don't think the "apology" was particularly sincere - there was a certain sneer behind it
Like all pro's a thick skin and high self belief is required and my guess is he thinks he did a reasonable job for us

Fs mate, lighten up. He may have been poor, but he still wore our jersey.

We must be the worst set of fans for abusing ex players. Can understand if a player talked badly of the club when away, but a good proportion seem to get it.
Really? I think most Rangers fans are normally supportive of ex players, unlike some diddy clubs fans, who boo their former players for daring to improve themselves.

He was easily the worst top flight centre half to play for us.

He isn't in the conversation for worst ever player though. Some of the lower league guys are way worse than him.

:)) I suspect there is a heavy dose of sarcasm in that apology, no way a grown man comes out with that, at least I hope not.

Wtf is selling player to us got to do with the fact the manager once played (very badly) for us! Embarrassing.

Whittaker on the bench for Swansea today I see. Bit of a gutter for the lad, I'm not convinced we will go back for him in the Summer.

Don't get the internet idiots and anonymous crap mixed with the real truth bro. Honestly, in the real world I can't think of any ex-Ranger that gets abuse from Bears when they play us, except O'Halloran for very obvious reasons, and Naismith/Whitaker to a lesser extent for their utter self-serving cowardice in 2012. Most returning Gers players, even the bad ones, are given some respect, and are welcomed back because they "still wore our jersey" as you said yourself. By contrast I am amazed at the abuse other fans give to their former heroes, which is incredible given those same fans expect their old players not to celebrate goals against them at the same time. Bizarre.
I think if Russell Martin ever had to come back for a game asan opposition manager he would get respectful appreciation. He wouldn't get any real-life abuse.

Back