Good luck Ulstermen Thread

If anything this fixture has highlighted the need for video replay in games. A quick look could have resulted in a different result

It’s an absolute disgrace. I wonder if FIFA will offer NI multi-million pound compensation for the woeful officiating, the way they did their Southern neighbours after Henry’s unfortunate handball?
Can't f***ing wait to see how much they give us. Raging how we went out.

Michael O'Neill as @NorthernIreland manager: 2011
2705.png
Appointed manager
2705.png
88th in the World
2705.png
Not qualified for a major tournament in 30 year

2705.png
20th in the World
2705.png
Made EURO Last 16
2705.png
Missed out on WC due to a penalty decision

Incredible turnaround
1f44f.png

Put Out the comp on an absolutely shocking decision.

They can hold their heads high that was a bloody excellent away performance only thing missing is the goal which they so nearly got.

No Surrender

there was a lot of shouting at the tv there... very well done NI and extremely unlucky

Ni wer excellent especially in the 2nd half..Who's the boy jones they brought on not scared to take someone on.

Remember the furore when ROI were eliminated after Henry's handball? Surely the world media will get behind NI, :) maybe not!

Played so well NI,extremely unlucky not to have got through,one dodgy decision has put them out.

It’s an absolute disgrace. I wonder if FIFA will offer NI multi-million pound compensation for the woeful officiating, the way they did their Southern neighbours after Henry’s unfortunate handball?
I had forgot about the compo but was going to ask if I had missed the Scottish press furore.

Gutted.

Can see Michael moving on now and don't blame him tbh.
After tonight has anyone's opinion changed on him getting our job.seems to be able to get the most out of average players.
2 current jambos,1Killie,1 ex Killie and a former Hamilton keeper.is he worth a shot for us?

After tonight has anyone's opinion changed on him getting our job.seems to be able to get the most out of average players.
2 current jambos,1Killie,1 ex Killie and a former Hamilton keeper.is he worth a shot for us?
Deserves a PL gig in my opinion. Wouldn't surprise to see him at West Brom in the new year if their results don't improve.

I would take him here in a heartbeat.

Next Scotland manager according to many in the press but I think it would be poor form to leave your own country for another at a similar level.

What a pity that NI went out on a terrible penalty kick decision.
Yesterday evening, on the German TV Urs Meier, the legendary
Swiss referee said, "That was NEVER a penalty, even Shaqiri
only wanted the corner kick".
He continued, "We need video technology as soon as possible,
this was an injustice to Northern Ireland".
So close today folks, my heart goes out to you today.
Well done, nevertheless. You've got a great wee team there.

They gave it a hell of a go in the second half. Disgraceful refereeing has cost them qualification, a real shame for Northern Ireland.

Should be a candidate, before the NI job he took Shamrock Rovers into the group stages of the Uefa cup. He gets teams punching above their weight and has great man management skills.

I don't care if he's from a mixed marriage, or what town he was born in, I only care if Michael O'Neill MBE can carry us forward as a club. It would be a risk, but I'd prefer him to Derek "2nd place guaranteed folks" McInnes

Totally agree. I think he should be considered

it's crazy people think he'd leave NI for the scotland job. it's a mile backwards step
He would take it

Recognises Scotland have better players and Northern Ireland are likely to not be as good in the future

At the top level managers know to get a move while their stock is high

This isn't guess work, it's knowing the reality

Fantastic performance from NI this afternoon/evening. Steven Davis is a class act; I wish he was still with us. I'd also take Jonny Evans and Brunt in a heartbeat.

Anyone else notice Ian Dowie mention Rangers when he was talking about the NI bench. Unless i'm having a total brain fart, as far as I'm aware, we didn't have anyone on the field let alone the bench. Nailing his colours to the mast :)

Terrible result for the Ulstermen. What a performance though.

Now if Michael can get a performance like that out of the bargain basement men he has at his disposal, imagine what he could do with a decent budget at Ibrox!!!

NI much improved tonight and deserve praise as in isolation a draw away to Switzerland is a great result but if the Swiss had a decent striker they surely would have converted a couple of chances. That guy up front for them was absolutely honking.

Not my fav but he will be in the running

I have been of the opinion that the board having been waiting to see what happened here, before going after O'Neill

Michael O’Neill knows Scottish football inside out .
IF he applies for the Ibrox job and is selected I think he would have us challenging for the league next year.
There would be a buyout fee involved with the IFA and it may be a million plus.

Back