Good point today - Now looking forward to Thursday

Hearts are shite. A very ordinary Celtic will again win the league if we persist wth certain players, regardless off poor form.

Hearts are shite. A very ordinary Celtic will again win the league if we persist wth certain players, regardless off poor form.

How did they get on at Livingston a couple of weeks ago?

Most away games are going to be a battle / banana skin for both teams. Plenty more twists and turns to come.

I will admit, I was one of the worst for many years in terms of reactions to Rangers dropping points.

I am finally at stage in my life where I feel I am balanced and experienced enough to look at things logically. A league campaign is 38 games. We cannot play worse than we did today having failed to create anything at all. There will be more poor performances in what is a long campaign. We met a hungrier, sharper team on the day but we have still taken as much from the game as they have. That is a KEY component to title winning sides. Losses becoming draws and Draws becoming wins. We have shown an ability to do that already this season. We have also shown our "Good" to be extremely good.
A league championship takes all kinds of results amd performances. That today, based on the game, has to be taken as a good point away from home.

Now lets look forward to Thursday and embrace the challenge.
A lot of our fans are expecting us to win every game.
We will play poorly again and drop more points.
It does worry me that it comes at it first attempt at defending top spot.

I don’t think we can say it was a good point. We were facing a Hearts side that have had an horrendous start to the season and after getting ourselves level before the break should have had enough about us to capitalise in the second half.

That we didn’t was down to how poor we were as a side today.

At the same time however there are plenty on here thatappear unable to accept that we will have off days and drop points.

Just because we shed two today at what has traditionally been a tough venue for us doesn’t mean we won’t win the league.

If we have ambitions of winning the league we have to start winning games like today's.
We had one shot on target in the whole ninety.

Ofcourse there is a positive, we played poorly and managed to salvage a point.

In what way did we bottle it?

Who bottle it, the manager? The players?
Salvage a point...ffs i didnt go down the road of others saying we would destroy hearts,but we should have beat them comfortably. They were 2nd bottom of the table for a reason.. they havnt won at home since march, and have a horrendeous injury list.. the fans are demonstrating outside the ground. But we stole a point.. again ill say it.. we have fans amonst us who will accept mediocrity . People have tav as a great legendary captain.. when i fact hees a sub standard player same as other players in our team

Im not against positivity but today was grim. Two points dropped against dross and people are quite rightly angry.

We did this last season. Go top for a very short period then made an arse of it.

I will tell you what was positive. Another goal from Alfredo and the return of Kent and the backing of our fans.

Performance of the ref, Tav, Ojo, Arfield and others was in no way, shape or form positive.

Some like to moan all the time about anything. Today there is much to moan about. Others like to turd polish. Be honest. Today was pretty awful in a number of ways.

Most away games are going to be a battle / banana skin for both teams. Plenty more twists and turns to come.

Do they have a run of away games like what we've got coming up.

Ross County
Livingston
Hamilton
Aberdeen
Motherwell
Hibs
Bheggars

All before the end of December?

If we continue to perform like we have done away from home this season, points will be dropped right left and centre. People were talking about it after Kilmarnock and St. Mirren away but those were seen as early days and scrapping wins was a sign of Champions. There is only so long you can get away with playing poor and winning. Eventually you will be punished.

Friday prior to Kilmarnock away on the opening day Gerrard talked about a few issues; individual errors, costly mistakes, conceding late and dropped points away from home. Opening day our defending was poor, we conceded late and Kilmarnock almost got a second before Goldson powered a late winner. St. Mirren away we were poor, Morais missed an absolute sitter in the 86th minute. We were almost caught out at McDiarmid Park in the first half, McGregor making a cracking save on O' Halloran. 1st half we were rank. A fantastic 2nd period demolited St. Johnstone.

Months later and it's still the individual mistakes, errors and weak defending that is costing us - domestically and in Europe.

You can't come out the traps flat when you've got an opportunity to go two points clear at the top of the league, even in mid October. Today was yet another poor away performance. We were lucky not to be 2-0 down inside 15 minutes. The marking on Ikpeazu where he hit the bar was embarrassing. The play after they scored was garbage. We had 45 minutes to find a winner and not one player stepped up to the plate. Clear concerns this Rangers squad highlighted by not only supporters but the manager himself.

There is a long way to go but if we don't get our house in order, the league will be over before the new year. Our fixtures between now and January with a semi final and Europe thrown in is brutal.

We let ourselves down terribly in the first 20 mins. We needed to come out of the blocks flying and pumped up, yet we came out like we enjoyed our break from regular football a bit too much.

Our thinking was slow, our movement and passing poor as well. Hopefully its just a poor performance due to the break.

A point is a point, however right now it feels like a defeat.

Disappointing not to win today but can you imagine the reaction on here if we had drawn to Hibs then got beat by Livingston, having been pumped out of the CL qualifiers by Cluj?

There'd be folk on here demanding Gerrard and King out.

Some perspective please.

The most annoying thing today is the 1st match back after going top and we throw it away in such pathetic fashion, why can we never just win the big pressure games domestically ?

I'll disagree in the sense that it would have been a good point if Hearts were flying, they are muck but fancied a fight and we didn't. But I get what you're saying.

What I will say is if someone told me after that old firm defeat we would be level on points with them going into the last week of October, I'd have been both surprised and delighted.

A good point? Against a terrible Hertz team who barely turned up themselves other than the fist 15 mins?

It's attitudes like that in the OP that are a danger to the club. This lowering the standard and expectation to the gutter stuff. I've read it on here for the past 8 years. We should never be a fanbase happy with the occasional OF win, some semi-finals and finishing second ahead of Aber-fucking-deen.

The ones delighted with our point today would have been the mentally challengeds. That's all.

Games against everyone bar them

Played 8
Won 7
Drew 1
Lost 0

Tell me you wouldn’t Have taken that before the season started. We are doing just fine, we will have dips in performance and it’s a case of trying to get as much as we can from those games. When we play well we will blow teams away (as we have been doing).

Ofcourse there is a positive, we played poorly and managed to salvage a point.

In what way did we bottle it?

Who bottle it, the manager? The players?
Are you really that thick?
No in fact, you really don’t need to answer that.

Last edited:
A good point against second bottom hearts who haven’t won at home since March with us bottling top spot after just getting it. Don’t think so.

Sanity in a sea of over privileged Queens

Well said pal

Haven’t won a a single trophy since returning to the top flight, haven’t participated in one cup final, countless embarrassing pumpings off the scum who are on 8 and a row with a treble treble.

Aye mate, we’re over privileged alright, I’ve loved every minute of the last few years. Forgive us for not getting the knobs out for a point against one of the worst sides in the league when 3 points could have taken us top again. It’s like I said, while there is undoubtedly a lot of over the top negativity, there’s an equal amount of delusion and turd polishing.

Last edited:
Looking forward to Porto?? Jesus after that performance yesterday we'll be in for a long night over there. Think I'll now plan to get absolutely blootered over there as we play again like that we'll be on the end of a tanking.

There's plenty of good points on here regarding Championship winning Rangers teams struggling at Tynecastle. But the fact just now the Hearts are fcked with injuries and yet again when we get in a position of leading a league table we bottled it. History repeating from last year. Our games up to Xmas are horrific from the amount of Away matches we have. Sadly we've not been able to win 5/6/7 games away from Home in a decade in the top league. This period is gonna make or break or season.

On a positive note onwards to Porto for this Bear on Wednesday. Superbok Loyal.

Talk about polishing a turd.

That was out of order today.

If we want to be champions, it's games like that we need to be winning.

We have had some nice results this season, but we have also rode our luck more than we should need to. St Mirren, Kilmarnock and Livingston spring to mind.we need to get a champions mentality and brush this shite aside.

By no stretch of the imagination is the team who 'were' top of the league drawing with the team second bottom who hadn't won at home since March or some shit "a good point" my friend.

@Loud and proud - please tell me where I said it was a good point.

Even through 9IAR we dropped points in winnable games with mistakes - Dundee United away was always one for it. I can remember own goals from Butcher, Gough and Stevens at Tannadice.

All I'm saying is that while nobody should be pleased with the result, the fact remains that we're still in all 4 competitions and it isn't time for the panic or worry. Yet :eek:

This thread more than any is proof that the last 7 or so years has reconfigured/rewired the minds of many of our fans whereby they now think shite like today and generally mediocrity is acceptable.

“A good point”. Embarrassing shite. A team second from bottom, on a horrendous run of form and we created next to nothing against them in a match where a win would have taken us top again, given ourselves and the support added belief whilst also putting more pressure on Celtic, and yet we’re supposed to sit here and be content with that pish today?

Hearts didn’t even play well, they merely pressed hard and fought and because we once again sleep walked out way into a match they managed to get an advantage. But if that’s a good point then we’re in trouble.

I will admit, I was one of the worst for many years in terms of reactions to Rangers dropping points.

I am finally at stage in my life where I feel I am balanced and experienced enough to look at things logically. A league campaign is 38 games. We cannot play worse than we did today having failed to create anything at all. There will be more poor performances in what is a long campaign. We met a hungrier, sharper team on the day but we have still taken as much from the game as they have. That is a KEY component to title winning sides. Losses becoming draws and Draws becoming wins. We have shown an ability to do that already this season. We have also shown our "Good" to be extremely good.
A league championship takes all kinds of results amd performances. That today, based on the game, has to be taken as a good point away from home.

Now lets look forward to Thursday and embrace the challenge.
Good post

That’s what people said last season mate, and in the end they strolled it, and that was with us being within touching distance of them in January. I’m not saying we won’t do it this season, but I’ve no idea why some fail to see why results like today are a huge concern, because it’s part of a recurring theme and a trend that if it continues, will see them win the league with relative ease again.

That’s what people said last season mate, and in the end they strolled it, and that was with us being within touching distance of them in January. I’m not saying we won’t do it this season, but I’ve no idea why some fail to see why results like today are a huge concern, because it’s part of a recurring theme and a trend that if it continues, will see them win the league with relative ease again.

We'd have crumpled in a match like that under Pedro or Warburton. We're on course for 92 points this season at the current rate - they won the league with 87 last year.

Given that we're only second to them by a goal and they've beaten us we've obviously got a better record in matches against other teams. If we beat them twice/don't lose and keep up our form against the rest we will be in front come the split.

It's probably more the fact how we gifted them their goal. OP makes a very good point and I am inclined to agree but their goal sticks in my throat. Those mistakes should not be happening from a Rangers player, especially not a Rangers captain.

OP says "We met a hungrier, sharper team on the day "

That doesnt wash with me. How can a team be hungrier than a side chasing their first title in years? If they were 'hungrier', then questions need to be asked.

Folk keep saying that they were hungrier and more up for it.

Well the thought of a piss poor Hearts team surrounded by negativity being hungrier and more up for it than a Rangers side needing a win to go top is absolutely fûcking depressing in all honesty and is surely just as big a concern as the awful performance.

Mentality is key to winning silverware and yet again several of our players were shown up to be mental weaklings.

We conceded top spot against a relegation form team. The only scenario can ever imagining that being a good point is being down to 10 men etc

I had the same reaction after the Young Boys game and we bounced back to hump Accies 5-0 and go top of the league. If that's the worst we will start a game and still get a point away at Tynecastle then my glass is half full

I am sure that I am not the only one who feels my glass equally half full and half empty after the weekend.

Lessons to be learned by the management and players and I think they will.

I agree with the OP that it'll be neck and neck all season whether we like it or not.

Not a fan of the posts saying how some of us accept mediocrity nowadays, when we're just being realistic. We don't have Laudrup, Gazza, Gough, Cooper, etc. any more. The team we have won't win the league at a canter and even if we set ourselves sky-high expectations, it'll just be more painful when we crash back down to reality.

There's a long way to go and we need to get behind the team. If that means spouting a load of rubbish on a forum after a defeat, that's fine. As long as we're not abusing people like Tav from the kick off at our next home game. Because I'm sure that'll just become a detriment to the team.

I am sure that I am not the only one who feels my glass equally half full and half empty after the weekend.

Lessons to be learned by the management and players and I think they will.
Based on what? The manager continues to demonstrate that he has favourites, he picks players who regularly let him down and waits too long to correct that.
If he doesn't start to make hard decisions those players will not change and that'll see him fail.

Nah, not having it, it's only October and this squad lacks bottle and mentality...

Well, according to the FF aficionados.

I said earlier on the match thread, thank god none of us on here are on our coaching staff, the panic after we go down a goal we would never win another game, Getting a draw against a Hearts team who were at home and upfor it, is not the worst result, we were poor but sometimes you have got to credit the other team for making us look poor, maybe a bit cliched, but we would have lost that game last season. Oh and our captain needs a rest!!!!!

As i said in a previous post there's absolutely no evidence we would have lost this game last season. We haven't lost v hearts since feb 2017

Too many people bending over backwards to justify a performance like yesterday's just because SG is the manager.

If ever there was a thread showing how standards have hit rock bottom with some of our support then there you have it.
See if you want to spout this 55 shyte then you have to beat utter pish like Hearts.
Far too many in acceptance of mediocrity.

What the %^*& does this even mean.

There never, ever, hasn't been a time when a draw at Tynecastle in the context of a season hasn't been seen as a decent point.

No Rangers team in recent memory has simply started a season and pissed their way through the year.

"Standards"

Should ban that word from here, it is white noise pish.

Based on what? The manager continues to demonstrate that he has favourites, he picks players who regularly let him down and waits too long to correct that.
If he doesn't start to make hard decisions those players will not change and that'll see him fail.
The market we shop in, it would cost well over £10m to replace both Tav and Goldson and cover an injured Jack. At present the back ups of Kamara, Helander and Polster don't fill anyone with excitement. I'm sure we all remember Numan going through a torrid time in his last season, absolutey woeful at times with a horrendous o.g Vs HIVs springs to mind. Even the best go thru bad patches is my point, unfortunately for us we don't have Champions League money to bomb out under performers

And we never dropped any points at Tynecastle, shambolic today, I do not take any pleasure from this, we need a proper captain, a man who does not shirk from his responsibilities, Tavernier is very unlikely to be that man sadly, he never steps up to the mark when the chips are down, all evidence points to the exact opposite.

Can you give examples?

The market we shop in, it would cost well over £10m to replace both Tav and Goldson and cover an injured Jack. At present the back ups of Kamara, Helander and Polster don't fill anyone with excitement. I'm sure we all remember Numan going through a torrid time in his last season, absolutey woeful at times with a horrendous o.g Vs HIVs springs to mind. Even the best go thru bad patches is my point, unfortunately for us we don't have Champions League money to bomb out under performers
I don't think Goldson's a problem, I think he has half his mind on covering for Tav.
Nor do I have an issue with Kamara or Helander and I think Polster has to be given a chance.
I'd like to see how big George would do as cover for Ryan Jack. He looks mobile enough, he's fast, good with the ball maybe with Davis alongside him he could do a job in there.
The basic thing is certain players are trusted when it's demonstrably not deserved. The manager is paid to take tough decisions, he needs to start with his captain.

Back