Good point today - Now looking forward to Thursday

Can you give examples?
Chips were down against Berne, the exact opposite of stepping up to the mark, Sunday are obvious examples, Parheid last season, sold the jerseys again, just off the top of my head, he has done some good stuff for us too, but I don't want my defenders continually costing us goals and I want my captain to inspire the team, I just don't see that with Taverneir, this is not a knee jerk reaction, I have always felt like this since he was given the arm band, would be absolutely delighted to be proven wrong.

Chips were down against Berne, the exact opposite of stepping up to the mark, Sunday are obvious examples, Parheid last season, sold the jerseys again, just off the top of my head, he has done some good stuff for us too, but I don't want my defenders continually costing us goals and I want my captain to inspire the team, I just don't see that with Taverneir, this is not a knee jerk reaction, I have always felt like this since he was given the arm band, would be absolutely delighted to be proven wrong.

So forget stepping up to the plate, taking and scoring any late penalties and any where we were a goal behind(?) Missing one, then taking the next......you don't reckon that's stepping up?

He's a right back, he's not a playmaker and will never really take a game by the neck and control it. But then neither do the current en vogue captain suggestions either.

You acknowledge his positives fleetingly but would rather focus on negatives which is interesting.

Let's face it, some people are not happy as he's not screaming his head off at everyone, which is a fairly dying 'need' trait symptomatic of the Scottish game which people profess to hate..

So forget stepping up to the plate, taking and scoring any late penalties and any where we were a goal behind(?) Missing one, then taking the next......you don't reckon that's stepping up?

He's a right back, he's not a playmaker and will never really take a game by the neck and control it. But then neither do the current en vogue captain suggestions either.

You acknowledge his positives fleetingly but would rather focus on negatives which is interesting.

Let's face it, some people are not happy as he's not screaming his head off at everyone, which is a fairly dying 'need' trait symptomatic of the Scottish game which people profess to hate..
I acknowledge he has positives, but scoring does take a lot of bottle yes, but I would also be happy if someone else was taking the penalties, ultimately all pro footballers should score penalties but plenty are missed, taking and scoring a penalty is not for me stepping up to the mark unless undet exceptional circumstances e.g. Fernando at Tynecastle. My opinion is that Tav needs to concentrate on doing his job at full back, the captain's arm band does not help him do that unfortunately. You seem to think I am happy he is making the mistakes, far from it, and I would be more than delighted to be wrong and see him lift numerous trophies as our captain, but ultimately all I care about is what is best for Rangers.

i would play a second string team on thursday and strongest 11 on Sunday to put things right..

I know we need the money etc but Europa is just a distraction from the league

I genuinely believe half of the bears on here won’t be old enough to remember us winning titles. Games like that happened every season, even during 9iar.
Let’s go again bears and start another run of good results... starting with a wee draw on Thursday to lift the spirits.

Back