Good Scottish Junior fixtures?

Sir Sasa Papac

I’m going to start getting more weekends off this year and I want to start going to more Saturday amateur games when rangers are playing away or on a Sunday.

Can anyone suggest a good derby or similar in the central belt region, closer to Glasgow if possible?

Footballing ability doesn’t matter at all, I’m looking for a battle. In a (shite) stadium, rather than a public park I want to be elevated a little bit at least. I don’t plan on having a team and happy to visit a good few different matches and locations as the games come up.

I’m in Glasgow but willing to travel a bit. Just looking for a nudge really if anyone knows the juniors or the amateurs.

I’ve said Amatuers in the title but maybe I should have said Juniors

I used to watch a bit of Bannockburn amateurs back in the day when I was really young but I’m not travelling that far

To be fair the 2 clubs worked hard to stop the young teams from both sides causing bother and it’s been fairly timid affairs the past couple of years
Aye your right the game that was played inside with no fans and both committees worked very well together maybe the message got through to them.

Pick a team and follow them.

I like going to Pollok games if I get a chance. If you want proper nasty rivalries then Cumnock v Talbot has lost a wee bit in recent years but Beith v Kilbirnie is still potentially properly nasty.

I’m going to start getting more weekends off this year and I want to start going to more Saturday amateur games when Rangers are playing away or on a Sunday.

Can anyone suggest a good derby or similar in the central belt region, closer to Glasgow if possible?

Footballing ability doesn’t matter at all, I’m looking for a battle. In a (shite) stadium, rather than a public park I want to be elevated a little bit at least. I don’t plan on having a team and happy to visit a good few different matches and locations as the games come up.
Darvel Hurlford would be a good one

I go to see pollok when rangers are not playing ,always a good day at newlandsfield and decent crowds to get your weekend football fix

Back