Goodwillie

Would you be happy with him killing himself?

Don’t know why he isn’t in basically any other country away from here. Most wont bat an eye

That’s a weird question to ask. I can want him never to kick a ball again without wanting him to kill himself.

Best thing he can do if he wants to try and play is go abroad where his victim doesn’t need to see or hear about him in the news or on social media.

He should go and play abroad for rest if his career. Sturgeon and her double standards completely shafted him.
Wonder if Sturgeon would use pronouns or if Goodwillie is just a rapist.

The one that got me was it Clyde? and their Council facilities banning him. Sentenced served, back in society with no restrictions on integrating…you’re banned mate, eh? There’s likely fellow rapists and ex cons with brutal pasts playing 5s and up the swimming.
Be great if we could keep offenders of crimes like this in jail forever but we can’t and we don’t. Should they move away and take a profession stacking shelves and living a life away from football, probably but it’s their choice not to and playing abroad is probably the best shout

I don’t want to say the clubs are just as bad (comes across totally wrong) but they know what they are signing up for.

The best thing he should have done was just stay at Clyde as nobody was bothering

That’s a weird question to ask. I can want him never to kick a ball again without wanting him to kill himself.

Best thing he can do if he wants to try and play is go abroad where his victim doesn’t need to see or hear about him in the news or on social media.
Hard to argue it without seeming to defend him. In this day of mental health everywhere you turn it would seem to be a very big risk for this guy.

Contrast it with someone like Mike Tyson. The guy is everywhere

The one that got me was it Clyde? and their Council facilities banning him. Sentenced served, back in society with no restrictions on integrating…you’re banned mate, eh? There’s likely fellow rapists and ex cons with brutal pasts playing 5s and up the swimming.
Be great if we could keep offenders of crimes like this in jail forever but we can’t and we don’t. Should they move away and take a profession stacking shelves and living a life away from football, probably but it’s their choice not to and playing abroad is probably the best shout

The issue with the Goodwillie case is that he was only convicted in a civil court, not a criminal one, and I think there was some suspicion regarding the timing of him claiming bankruptcy and then leaving Clyde for Raith (that he did it to avoid continuing making payouts as per the civil ruling). So some feel that he hasn't really had much of a punishment at all.

I personally think he should be allowed to play, just explaining the details.

Threads on Goodwillie should be banned.

There’s every chance he never committed the crime he was accused of which has subsequently ruined his life.
but on the balance of probabilities, he did.
He would be best either going abroad to play in Turkey or something, or rapping it and try and get a trade.

Absolutely. The level of double standards in that whole situation was actually embarrassing.

I’m not a fan of Goodwillie nor do I in anyway condone his actions, however I find it bizzare how much outcry there is when he plays a game of football in comparison to Craig Thomson. Thomson who played with Hearts was grooming children and found guilty of doing so in 2016. 2017 he signed for Edinburgh City and played with them for four years, becoming captain. He then went on and signed for Cowdenbeath last season. Strangely never read about that in the papers.

Back