Goram beliefs meant he never spoke to Roy Keane

The squad/staff (man united) were took on a hush hush tour of the new SAS base in Hereford years ago when it relocated.

When they got there he refused point blank to get off the coach and was ordered to but stuck to his guns.

I am paraphrasing but words were along lines of "butchers gang of murderers etc"
While I don't doubt the sentiments Keane expressed as being accurate I find it a bit of a stretch that a notoriously secret organisation who won't even confirm or deny actions they allegedly participated in from 60 years ago would have a show & tell round their new HQ to a bunch of football prima donna's just itching to get on Facebook.

Goram was a British guy playing football for British teams.
His beliefs were probably held by most proper British people.
The only difference is that Goram had played for the hated Rangers and hadn't been coy about expressing them.

Keane, on the other hand, was a total hypocrite.
If his beliefs ran contrary to Goram's then they ran contrary to the bulk of the people he played with lived amongst and choose to spend his working life amidst.

Hating Britain, the British, the Crown, our history etc is all very well, but doing so whilst burrowing your head onto the teat of British opportunity and enterprise to suckle the life out of it strikes me as a human position worthy of total contempt.

If you don't like Britain and the British and love yer Ireland so much, then fck off home and stay there.

Just my opinion.
And your opinion is the right one in my opinion. Keane is a hypocrite of the highest order.

While I don't doubt the sentiments Keane expressed as being accurate I find it a bit of a stretch that a notoriously secret organisation who won't even confirm or deny actions they allegedly participated in from 60 years ago would have a show & tell round their new HQ to a bunch of football prima donna's just itching to get on Facebook.

They didn’t.

I understand that sentiment

It is true however

Although he might not be the only one of his generation - or the worst example- it has to be said that RK is mentally unstable

I’ve worked like most people with a mix of gers and scum fans.
Some you could have discussions about how a game against them went. Some you could wind up a little after we beat them and I could take it myself as long as you didn’t get sectarian about.
The odd one you could come in and allow to call you a name as long as it was done jokingly and you could do it to them when we won.
However in my place there was a couple of right bitter ones who couldn’t handle it and wouldn’t discuss any game.

An Irish guy told me years ago the part of Ireland Keane comes from, either the town or area is regarded as the lowest of the low and all scummy individuals live there.
Cant remember the place.

Peterlee??

Oh sorry, that's a redneck hovel of a place somewhere in England, unfortunately

Goram was a British guy playing football for British teams.
His beliefs were probably held by most proper British people.
The only difference is that Goram had played for the hated Rangers and hadn't been coy about expressing them.

Keane, on the other hand, was a total hypocrite.
If his beliefs ran contrary to Goram's then they ran contrary to the bulk of the people he played with lived amongst and choose to spend his working life amidst.

Hating Britain, the British, the Crown, our history etc is all very well, but doing so whilst burrowing your head onto the teat of British opportunity and enterprise to suckle the life out of it strikes me as a human position worthy of total contempt.

If you don't like Britain and the British and love yer Ireland so much, then fck off home and stay there.

Just my opinion.
Great post Bilko. Could apply equally to the many Scots I meet in London who profess to hating the English but love working here and taking the money on offer.

absolute fantastic fitba' players . up there with the best of their generation .

But they are both a pair of absolute bangers . would be interesting to know Gorams "beliefs" before he signed for Rangers
Spot on.It seems Gorams "beliefs" still allowed him to sign for a club which took nearly 90 years to appoint a protestant manager and used Catholic priests as scouts.

Keane is a very hateful individual who by the looks of it has very very few friends,his team mates respected him but I’m sure none of them ever actually liked him.he may well die a very lonely man

Not sure if the goalie is the smartest around but one things for sure, Keane was, is and will always be a bitter, twisted, moronic and bad tempered beast !

Mayfield, Cork

The town was originally called Baile na mBocht, which scholars believe translates from the Gaelic more properly as "Town of the Poorly" rather than "Town of the Poor", as Baile na mBocht was the site of a medieval Leper Colony. While a wide array of skin diseases were called Leprosy in Ireland, it is doubtful the victims actually had Leprosy itself. The "Poorly" would walk from Baile na mBocht down to the River Lee to bathe their diseased skin, along a path that was known as "Leper's Walk".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayfield,_Cork?wprov=sfla1
Lovely

Loved Goram as a keeper.

Loved the time he wore a black armband after King Rat was murdered. (There’s a conspiracy theory requiring investigation)

I like international Ruggers.I know for a fact that 95% of Irish supporters don't give a %^*& about religion.It's just the Northern Irish bigots and the Scottish tims that seem to have inbred hate,which is years behind wtf is actually happening in NI.

When I was on holiday last year I got speaking to an Irish guy who was a Cork fan. Really nice guy and we spent quiet a bit of time talking about Cork & Rangers. I asked him about Celtic and his comment was whenever he sees a Celtic top he just thinks the person in it will be an extreme embarrassing idiot and so he stays clear of them.

Imagine Keane on a lads holiday or a stag.

It would be similar to being a 5 year old on holiday with your dad.

Roy Keane is a very anti-social man anyway.

He has been quoted as saying before the only friend he ever had in football was Nicky Butt. So regardless of beliefs and allegiances, he may have not wanted small talk anyway.

He's from Cork.

I work all over Ireland, but I hate going to Cork, ye can hardly understand them nevermind wanting to like them.

Even the lads I work alongside share them same view, anyone from Cork is a c*nt.

As much as I despise Keane, I had to admire his competitive nature and his on field aggression. He was the type of player every team needs, the team's fans love and the opposition fans hate. A player who could never be accused of not putting in a shift. That said he was and still is a complete ladies' front bottom. Goram was a legend for us.

Back