Goram beliefs meant he never spoke to Roy Keane

dh1963

ANDY GORAM claims Roy Keane insisted there was no point in them ever talking to each other. The former Rangers keeper played alongside the Irish idol during his time on loan at Man United in 2001.

But the pair never uttered a word to each other after coach Steve McClaren’s introduction.

Goram reckons his and Keane’s respective allegiances to Rangers and Celtic played a huge part in the duo failing to hit it off. He opened up on the feud in an interview with podcaster James English. The Goalie said: “We just never spoke."
"We had nothing in common. His beliefs and my beliefs are a mile apart. “I met all the players in the dressing room, Steve McClaren took me round. “I knew most of them, the Nevilles and all that – I played cricket with their dad. “It came to Roy Keane and you know, you shake hands.

He just looked at me and I went ‘there’s no point is there?’ and he went ‘no’. “And we never spoke for three months.” Goram made two appearances for Man United during his loan spell under Sir Alex Ferguson before leaving Motherwell that summer and ending up at Coventry City. He remains a Rangers legend having won five league titles, three Scottish Cups and two League Cups during his seven years at the club.

It can’t have just been that or he would never have spoken to sir Alex Ferguson.

He had no choice but speak to sir alex though or he'd have to leave one of biggest clubs in world.

It was no secret they both never saw eye to eye on alot of stuff and rarely got on at all.

Hmm, think there was a bit more to Goram's "allegiances" than Ferguson's.

Sounds like it was mutual anyway so not really a big deal.

That’s what I was thinking - I don’t think it’s just rangers and unionism.

Tbh their beliefs and associates do not align and therefore probably best to avoid in the dressing room.

What would you do if you were introduced to a person for the first time and they said that there is not much point shaking hands ?
The article says Goram went to shake Keanes hand and Keane just stared at him so Goram said 'There isnt much point is there' as in 'It doesnt matter what i try, you hate me.'

Keane falls out with other Irishmen. Look at his time at Sunderland

A strange individual

This is it - he would fall out with himself in an empty room.

He fell out with Walters and arter just a few months ago on international duty by acting like the grade A bellend he is and acting like a doctor.

An Irish guy told me years ago the part of Ireland Keane comes from, either the town or area is regarded as the lowest of the low and all scummy individuals live there.
Cant remember the place.

An Irish guy told me years ago the part of Ireland Keane comes from, either the town or area is regarded as the lowest of the low and all scummy individuals live there.
Cant remember the place.
Is it not cork? got talking to a guy from Dublin in pub years ago' and some of the things he said about the people from their was shocking!!!!

Cant remember the place.

Mayfield, Cork

The town was originally called Baile na mBocht, which scholars believe translates from the Gaelic more properly as "Town of the Poorly" rather than "Town of the Poor", as Baile na mBocht was the site of a medieval Leper Colony. While a wide array of skin diseases were called Leprosy in Ireland, it is doubtful the victims actually had Leprosy itself. The "Poorly" would walk from Baile na mBocht down to the River Lee to bathe their diseased skin, along a path that was known as "Leper's Walk".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayfield,_Cork?wprov=sfla1

Goram was a British guy playing football for British teams.
His beliefs were probably held by most proper British people.
The only difference is that Goram had played for the hated Rangers and hadn't been coy about expressing them.

Keane, on the other hand, was a total hypocrite.
If his beliefs ran contrary to Goram's then they ran contrary to the bulk of the people he played with lived amongst and choose to spend his working life amidst.

Hating Britain, the British, the Crown, our history etc is all very well, but doing so whilst burrowing your head onto the teat of British opportunity and enterprise to suckle the life out of it strikes me as a human position worthy of total contempt.

If you don't like Britain and the British and love yer Ireland so much, then fck off home and stay there.

Just my opinion.

Goram was a British guy playing football for British teams.
His beliefs were probably held by most proper British people.
The only difference is that Goram had played for the hated Rangers and hadn't been coy about expressing them.

Keane, on the other hand, was a total hypocrite.
If his beliefs ran contrary to Goram's then they ran contrary to the bulk of the people he played with lived amongst and choose to spend his working life amidst.

Hating Britain, the British, the Crown, our history etc is all very well, but doing so whilst burrowing your head onto the teat of British opportunity and enterprise to suckle the life out of it strikes me as a human position worthy of total contempt.

If you don't like Britain and the British and love yer Ireland so much, then fck off home and stay there.

Just my opinion.

A post that can be summed up in 4 words.

The Famine is Over :cool:

The article says Goram went to shake Keanes hand and Keane just stared at him so Goram said 'There isnt much point is there' as in 'It doesnt matter what i try, you hate me.'
“It doesn’t matter what I try you hate me” where in the post does it say that ? Goram said that ? If right what a dafty as he had a great opportunity to both laugh at him and take the moral high ground instead of making himself as ignorant as Keane.

So.........

The squad/staff (man united) were took on a hush hush tour of the new SAS base in Hereford years ago when it relocated.

When they got there he refused point blank to get off the coach and was ordered to but stuck to his guns.

I am paraphrasing but words were along lines of "butchers gang of murderers etc"

“It doesn’t matter what I try you hate me” where in the post does it say that ? Goram said that ? If right what a dafty as he had a great opportunity to both laugh at him and take the moral high ground instead of making himself as ignorant as Keane.
The bit before it is where its relevant. Gorams saying he tried to shake his hand and Keane just stared at him.

'It came to Roy Keane and you know, you shake hands. He just looked at me'

The bit before it is where its relevant. Gorams saying he tried to shake his hand and Keane just stared at him.

'It came to Roy Keane and you know, you shake hands. He just looked at me'
At least you know what your dealing with as Keane isn’t being two faced, I prefer that that a false hand shake although I would have made hay out of it especially when there was an audience.

Roy Keane would attempt to punch his own reflection if he saw it in a mirror.

An angry wee man.

Sad from the pair of them. Well into their 30s by that point. Imagine I went into work tomorrow and behaved like that.

Tbh, part of me thinks it's a load of made up shite.
Went to a sportsman’s dinner years ago and Goram told the same story,don’t know how true it was though

As a kid Keane, staying in club digs, painted a whole room including the carpet and TV black.

Even as a wean he was one fucked up guy.

iu

Majority of Irish folk are fine. They're not interested in plastic Irishman running around hating Unionists and protestants.

Roy Keane's a banger regardless of his nationality.
On holiday in Lanzarote in sept and was sitting in balcony wearing my rangers shorts , next door where from N.I , said hello , clocked my shorts and totally blanked me for rezt of week , fk them lol , a few apartments along there was some southern irish and same clocked shorts and didnt even blink an eye lid and were very nice when i spoke to them

The squad/staff (man united) were took on a hush hush tour of the new SAS base in Hereford years ago when it relocated.

When they got there he refused point blank to get off the coach and was ordered to but stuck to his guns.

I am paraphrasing but words were along lines of "butchers gang of murderers etc"
Story from his second book (goalie stuff above covered) took his Ipswich or Sunderland squad on one of them team building type courses (may have been army run) yet slept in the tent his Celtic top.

A lot of hate in him.

Back