Gordon Smith fears half of all SPFL clubs could go bust

I can’t understand those who are delighted at this. It won’t be the teams with the small outgoings at risk first - it may very well be the club who rely on 10s of millions from our investors and have a secured loan. Investors who are no doubt being hit by this crisis. Everyone thinks us and the filth will be fine but I’d argue we’d both be the first in dire straits

Normally hate to see anyone lose their job especially if they are the main bread winner for their family, but in this case I just couldnt care less about any other SPFL club who goes bust .... hell mend them, they all hoped we were dead and buried so f##k the lot of them

Good. There's too many clubs in Scotland for our population.

We have roughly half the number of league clubs as England yet only 10% of the population. Madness.

I hate the Sun with a passion, but I can't believe the amount of people having the hump at him being called an ex Kilmarnock forward.

Unless I am mistaken, was Kilmarnock not the team he made most appearances and scored most goals for in his career?

The way those clubs feasted on our off field issues in 2012 can go take a flying %^*& to themselves. They were slabbering at the gub at the mere thought we were finished. Sell out Saturday, fans groups of around 1k dictating to clubs to vote us down. This might be a watershed moment in Scotland when smaller clubs whose attendance is less than most junior clubs, and still have SFA league status, might collaborate with each other and move towards being a new club rather than demanding the blue pound or the money from that mhob.

Lot of the smaller clubs live on such a small budget they should be ok. The ones who gambled to get promoted will definitely be worrying now.

Back