Gordon Smith - Heart & Hand interview

Good Kilwinning boy is Gordon. Stayed round the corner from me when I was growing up. I am sure he was involved with Boys Brigade church parades a couple of times also, but my heid is wasted and may be off on wrong track with that one.

Again I agree mate. I don't watch the news or anything like that so I get all my Rangers (and general football) news on here and on the likes of H&H and 4lads. It must be good being abroad having content made by fans for fans. A real home connection.
Hadn't listened to Gersnet but found it on my Pod app to give it a go.

I think the thing I like most on the Pods is simply hearing the home accents and some of the general abuse/banter the Podders give each other daily. Love the live match reaction pods too. The Legia one was one of the funniest things I've heard in ages - the guys were BUZZIN..like little kids. I hope the interviews keep coming. Quality product from Edgar and Co.

I always remember Gordon on sportscene back in the day - always use to do a tactical analysis of the match with a tactics board!

Not that there was much to analyse - most teams played a bog standard 4-4-2 back then!

Even took time to do a home visit for a poster on here who was i'll

He stays round the corner from me, I see him all the time but never want to bother him.

This morning as I was bumping my son’s pram down the stairs Gordon was walking past and offered me a hand, I took him up on it and said ‘aye, just so I can tell him Gordon Smith lifted him down the stairs when he’s older’ he smiled and said he can tell people that when he’s a famous footballer. He was before my time so can’t comment on how good a player he was but seems like a gentleman alright.

Off topic but 5 mins later I was stood at the traffic lights next to big Katic and saw Davis in Waitrose last night.

Cool story ’n’hat

Done our RSEA in Aberdeen in May
Top bloke that had time for everyone - and 100% a true blue

Stain on the CV working at the SFA. However, like the way he openly admits he didn't do his due diligence on the job before accepting.

Like the way he called out the fact that all the UEFA complaints for bigotry and sectarian chanting were only coming in for Rangers!

I think he is a very shrewd and bright guy who, in public, plays the game in a very astute way. You're never going to get a NS or WATP out of Smudger in that type of forum. I know a few absolutley solid bears who say he is a total gentleman and in my (very) limited contact with him he always struck me as 'one of us'.

The Craig Whyte thing is a bit odd, he's not daft and probably had a pretty clear idea of where the train was headed, however unless you were there, dealing with a sociopath like Whyte, it is hard to judge.

I hadn't realised he played in Austria or Switzerland or that he spoke, what sounds like, pretty decent German. It is very illuminating that a guy like him: intelligent, travelled, comfortable with fans, players, the media, administrators and in more than one language was chased out of town with as much opprobrium cast as possible while racist chancers like Malky McKay are welcomed with open arms into the halls of power in Scottish football.

Still, anyone but Sellik, isn't that right.

This, a thousand times.

Met him many years ago in a pub in Largs when he was doing his coaching badges. He was an absolute gentleman and his love of The Rangers was very evident. He said the feeling he got every time he pulled on the jersey was incredible. Bobby Russell & Stuart Munro wre also there and they to were gentlemen and a credit to the club.

Going to say also -

4lads podcast with Dave McPherson is now live -https://youtu.be/MqIQq50sQxI

Also live on all sites like Spotify, Apple etc . Simply search Gersnet & you will find it

I’d hope folk who listen to H&H (as I do) can maybe give this a wee try also - room for both I reckon :)

Cheers folks

Will definitely be having a listen.

an absolute gent is Gordon.

when I worked for DX comms many many moons ago, he got his work mobiles through us.

would sometimes just come in for blether about football!

I read his article the other day saying Rangetsshouldn't be complaining about being treated differently. Can he tell me how many other players have seen red cards for gestures?

Christ, Morelos got one beyond a red card. The guy doesn't watch Rangers enough to know.

Back