Gordon Waddell at it again.

So Rangers shouldn’t be putting up a challenge to Celtic because we’re in dispute with that bastion of morality and fare working practices Ashley and showed a loss in our accounts which will be wiped out at least twice over in the summer. Nae bother Gordon.

God forbid a journalist writes a positive piece about Scotland’s two biggest clubs beating teams from Europe’s elite leagues.

To think I used to get that rag delivered every Sunday, for any owner that might be interested to know, its guys like Waddell that has seen me boycott that paper, must be at least 10 years since I've bought one.

I didn't bother after the first couple of lines, they were utter drivel.

It’s him and his fellow arsehole colleagues that spend every press conference asking Steven Gerrard about Morelos and whether we’ll sell him, yet when he uses a hypothetical figure to emphasise that he’s not for sale in January at any price it’s a scandal.

We have £40million in the auditorium, £40m…any advance on £40m?”
“£50m, you say, sir?…FIFTY MILLION from the pre-match presser…not going once, not going twice…are we all done?”
Here’s hoping.
The fantasy auction for Alfredo Morelos this week has been quite something. All the figures that no one has ever bid and possibly never would being refused for a player apparently not for sale at any price anyway.
Which, in a nutshell, is why Rangers are still posting annual figures whose bottom line has a minus in front of it.
It’s the 21st century equivalent of David Murray’s Rangers tenner for every Celtic fiver. The ‘We Are The People’ vanity that says you don’t have to be a viable business, as long as you can stop Celtic.
Sorry but if someone bids even close to these figures for one of your players, you bite their hand off for it then shout it from the rooftops that you did.
Because it’s what makes you a success and persuades the next Morelos to come.
The post-agm headlines reminded me of a conversation with Ally McCoist back in the dark days at the start of ‘The Journey’.
They were playing Stranraer on the Saturday, a bog-standard 3pm fourth-tier league game, a 90-mile, two-hour luxury coach trip down the road from Murray Park.
Yet their entire squad and staff, vastly over-resourced for the level they were at anyway, were spending an overnight on the Friday at five-star Turnberry to prepare.
It was pointed out this was the kind of unnecessary profligacy that had put Rangers under in the first place. Maybe they should cut their cloth.
“Until someone tells me we’re not Rangers any more,” McCoist said, “We will continue to behave like we’re Rangers.”
Maintain the facade. At any cost. Which is exactly what this artificial peeing-up-a-wall contest on Morelos’ value is.
Your entire club has been a loss-making exercise, ‘strategic’ or not, soft loans or not, since you got back in the game in 2012.
At some point that has to change and since we’re not getting a billion-pound TV deal any day soon in Scottish football, and the Old Firm aren’t being flown on private jets straight into England’s top 20, this whole ‘not for sale at any price’ schtick is brainless.
Of course he is, and so he should be. If someone wants to give you £40m for a player you paid £1m for, damn right you sell him, you balance the books and you reinvest in the next guy – or several guys – who are going to do exactly the same.
The trouble is, they’re still slaves to the wrong mentality, they’ve never created a culture the way Celtic have done with their fans, where they understand that THIS IS WHAT THEY DO! They scout, they sign, they develop, they sell, rinse and repeat. Of course you want to build and keep your top talent, see how far you can take them, but when the money gets crazy and you’re operating with an eight-figure annual deficit?
Because if that’s not their model then what else is going to get them to break even or make a profit once the attitude that losing money every year isn’t a problem is on the flight back to South Africa for good?
European money should be the gravy, not your bread and butter. You can’t bank on it.
Morelos should be the flag bearer for modern Rangers. They took a chance on a kid from Colombia, in the outpost of Finland. Didn’t speak the language but hell, he could score goals.
Look at him now. Bargain of the century.
His two goals the other night were outstanding, like most of his others.
The concentration and physicality required for both showed a striker at the absolute peak of his powers.
He’s brilliant – powerful, quick, hungry and – thanks to gaffer Steven Gerrard – far more disciplined.
The trouble is, instead of saying ‘this is what we do and this is how our club is going to work’, they’re still in the mindset of thinking all they have to do is stop Celtic. Not fix Rangers.
It has been their problem since day one of the post-liquidation era. Using another club as their yardstick instead of creating their own. So, sure, if a big bid comes in January, when you’re in a fight for a title and trying to deny them nine in a row, the timing would stink.
But you’ve got class cover in Jermain Defoe and you’ve then got a pot of millions to find a replacement, who presumably will be on a list Ross Wilson has in his drawer. Ideally you’d do it in the summer but needs must.
This is what it comes down to. That’s what Rangers’ business has to be.
Which brings us to Dave King’s standing ovation at his announcement he’s off. Does he leave them in a better state than he got them? Absolutely. Better management, infrastructure, academy. Team challenging on all fronts. All good.
But all the talk of statues and his name on buildings? Spare us. Then refer back to the underlying issues that all still need fixed.
Still in a legal fight with Mike Ashley and without a retail deal worth the paper it’s written on, perma-losses on the balance sheet, no major trophy, no title since 2011.
He’s had fans queuing round the block with his ‘they’re all enemies of Rangers’ rhetoric and they’ve lapped it up without much critical appraisal of their own direction of travel.
For a while the fact he simply wasn’t Craig Whyte and wasn’t Charles Green was good enough.
But a true legacy doesn’t just mean leaving the place looking tidier than you found it.
Did mad Phil write that?

You could literally pick any non-international weekend, pick up the Sunday Mail and it would be the same old tired agenda driven piece by this cock socket.

The only place I ever hear about this roaster is on here.

If Celtic didn’t sell Dembelle , Armstrong , Rodgers , Tierney etc etc what would their profit margin look like?

Are Rangers directors taking huge interest payments on their soft loans like directors / owners of other clubs.

Celtic have been able to sell these players as there has not been a proper challenge to their domestic dominance but that is changing and it is changing due to Dave King and those who have backed him

“£50m, you say, sir?…FIFTY MILLION from the pre-match presser…not going once, not going twice…are we all done?”
Here’s hoping.
The fantasy auction for Alfredo Morelos this week has been quite something. All the figures that no one has ever bid and possibly never would being refused for a player apparently not for sale at any price anyway.
Which, in a nutshell, is why Rangers are still posting annual figures whose bottom line has a minus in front of it.
It’s the 21st century equivalent of David Murray’s Rangers tenner for every Celtic fiver. The ‘We Are The People’ vanity that says you don’t have to be a viable business, as long as you can stop Celtic.
Sorry but if someone bids even close to these figures for one of your players, you bite their hand off for it then shout it from the rooftops that you did.
The post-agm headlines reminded me of a conversation with Ally McCoist back in the dark days at the start of ‘The Journey’.
They were playing Stranraer on the Saturday, a bog-standard 3pm fourth-tier league game, a 90-mile, two-hour luxury coach trip down the road from Murray Park.
Yet their entire squad and staff, vastly over-resourced for the level they were at anyway, were spending an overnight on the Friday at five-star Turnberry to prepare.
It was pointed out this was the kind of unnecessary profligacy that had put Rangers under in the first place. Maybe they should cut their cloth.
“Until someone tells me we’re not Rangers any more,” McCoist said, “We will continue to behave like we’re Rangers.”
Maintain the facade. At any cost. Which is exactly what this artificial peeing-up-a-wall contest on Morelos’ value is.
Your entire club has been a loss-making exercise, ‘strategic’ or not, soft loans or not, since you got back in the game in 2012.
At some point that has to change and since we’re not getting a billion-pound TV deal any day soon in Scottish football, and the Old Firm aren’t being flown on private jets straight into England’s top 20, this whole ‘not for sale at any price’ schtick is brainless.
Of course he is, and so he should be. If someone wants to give you £40m for a player you paid £1m for, damn right you sell him, you balance the books and you reinvest in the next guy – or several guys – who are going to do exactly the same.
The trouble is, they’re still slaves to the wrong mentality, they’ve never created a culture the way Celtic have done with their fans, where they understand that THIS IS WHAT THEY DO! They scout, they sign, they develop, they sell, rinse and repeat. Of course you want to build and keep your top talent, see how far you can take them, but when the money gets crazy and you’re operating with an eight-figure annual deficit?
Because if that’s not their model then what else is going to get them to break even or make a profit once the attitude that losing money every year isn’t a problem is on the flight back to South Africa for good?
European money should be the gravy, not your bread and butter. You can’t bank on it.
Morelos should be the flag bearer for modern Rangers. They took a chance on a kid from Colombia, in the outpost of Finland. Didn’t speak the language but hell, he could score goals.
The concentration and physicality required for both showed a striker at the absolute peak of his powers.
He’s brilliant – powerful, quick, hungry and – thanks to gaffer Steven Gerrard – far more disciplined.
The trouble is, instead of saying ‘this is what we do and this is how our club is going to work’, they’re still in the mindset of thinking all they have to do is stop Celtic. Not fix Rangers.
It has been their problem since day one of the post-liquidation era. Using another club as their yardstick instead of creating their own. So, sure, if a big bid comes in January, when you’re in a fight for a title and trying to deny them nine in a row, the timing would stink.
But you’ve got class cover in Jermain Defoe and you’ve then got a pot of millions to find a replacement, who presumably will be on a list Ross Wilson has in his drawer. Ideally you’d do it in the summer but needs must.
Which brings us to Dave King’s standing ovation at his announcement he’s off. Does he leave them in a better state than he got them? Absolutely. Better management, infrastructure, academy. Team challenging on all fronts. All good.
But all the talk of statues and his name on buildings? Spare us. Then refer back to the underlying issues that all still need fixed.
Still in a legal fight with Mike Ashley and without a retail deal worth the paper it’s written on, perma-losses on the balance sheet, no major trophy, no title since 2011.
He’s had fans queuing round the block with his ‘they’re all enemies of Rangers’ rhetoric and they’ve lapped it up without much critical appraisal of their own direction of travel.
For a while the fact he simply wasn’t Craig Whyte and wasn’t Charles Green was good enough.
But a true legacy doesn’t just mean leaving the place looking tidier than you found it.
Right you are Waddell we will let you dictate our fiscal policy.Once we are winning trophies we will introduce the buy low sell high scheme,but until then we will be holding on to our best players,unless they agitate for a move.
The fact we are annoying people like you tells me you are terrified that we are very close and we are doing the right thing.

I haven't met one fan who isn't resigned to him going in the summer. How much is all that's debated.

January is what is discussed.
So Waddel wants a bid accepted in January and we go with Defoe and a new striker. Hmmmm, sounds like he wants the league handed to the filth.

Also, that's not a quote I remember Ally every saying. Anyone remember that?
Reads to me like McCoists comment was off the record and this fud has breached that.

Read the 1st few lines and gave up. Just more of the same anti-Rangers guff Waddell has been writing for the past decade and more.

Be interesting to know if he has every written a positive sentence on us, nevermind a full article.

On Alfie and his valuation. Transfer fees down south keep rocketing upwards and when factor in the Tierney fee (to a Scottish club) I personally would be very disappointed if the club accepted anything less than £30m. Goalscorers have always been valued higher than any other position, Alfie is still relatively young at 23 years and is currently just getting better seemingly with every game, 9 goals in 9 Euro games against very good opposition testifies that he is on fire.

Waddell. Really, we shouldn’t even bother, just wave a hand dismissively and hiss ‘pffftttt!’

But what is particularly revealing in this Sunday morning vent of his is the alarm with which Rangers stand to wipe out their deficit and then some with a single swish of the transfer wand.

We’re not getting £40 or 50m for Morelos, only the more deluded punters on here seriously believe that, but then I haven’t seen anyone else seriously stating we will.

Hyperbole is evidently something lost on this balloon. When Gerrard said he wouldn’t accept £50m for him in January he was clearly making a point - he’s not for sale at any price - but were someone daft enough to bid that, he might just find his resolve challenged.

It’s not going to happen though and even Waddell knows it, but hey, you just keep beating away at your little keyboard regardless.

As for Dave King, and this is the really funny bit - who the hell is this clown to tell Rangers fans who is and who isn’t deserving of their reverence?

This is a man who saved and then turned around our football club. There are very very few figures in our history more deserving of a statue, and being unable to disentangle us completely from the Sports Direct mess the previous charlatans saddled us with is hardly going to change that.

So, you know, pfffftttt!

Last edited:
So as well as the bitter undertone of this article he’s also suggesting that Rangers, the club and the support, don’t recognise that our commercial model has to be buying or developing players and selling them on for big fees. What nonsense. Of course we do. Alfredo will go for big money eventually, we’ll reinvest in other players then sell them on. Every Rangers fan I know is fully aware of it and accepts it as the commercial reality of life in Scottish football.

Got half way down that piece of shits article and thought that could easily been written by an obsessed tim and not a ''Falkirk'' fan.

I always wonder why guys like Waddell get threads etc in here?
We know he’s a tim & writes pish but people can’t wait to post just to get offended etc

Ignore the cunts

There’s plenty places to get Rangers content, get your news there
Hes not a tim , but sure as hell acts like one.

"Gordon Waddell at it again" could so easily be changed to another name, or newspaper, or channel. I've no interest in this filth propagandist (I don't know who he is or who he writes his propaganda for) but I'm sure he's as predictable as all the other paedo enablers in the mhedia. It's absolutely riddled with them up here. I'm sure glad I've no intentions of buying any papers (I presume it's a paper he writes for but no need for an answer).

I always wonder why guys like Waddell get threads etc in here?
We know he’s a tim & writes pish but people can’t wait to post just to get offended etc

Ignore the cunts

There’s plenty places to get Rangers content, get your news there
Not sure that he is a Tim but understand where you are coming from. Guys like Waddell etc.are steadily sinking into a pool of obscurity. Let them drown.

North Korea looks at the football media in this country for tips. So partisan and pro-Them as to be laughable.

Waddell is one of a long line of lickspittles with zero credibility precisely because they scrawl shite like this. Imagine being that much of a puppet.

Deary me. All over the place that article. Just an absolute clusterfuck of slabbering hatred, making no point whatsoever. If it wasn't Scotland you'd be amazed the moron who wrote it had a job as a "journalist".

Hmmmm I’m torn do I believe a twisted prick like Waddell or a respected pundit and former England international and league champion in Martin Keown about our Alfie? It’s a toughie

Translated, he is really saying "sell Morelos in January then I can get a night's sleep as I'm in a panic that you Orange bastards might take Celtic's title".

What a knob, of course we all know Morelos is for sale and will be sold for a decent amount of cash, we just don't want to do it in January when we have everything to play for.

I have yet to meet a Rangers fan who said we must keep Morelos for the next few years , we all realise buy cheap sell high is our model now just like his wee team Celtic. FFS the guy is clearly just full of hate.

I don’t think I know any Rangers fan who doesn’t fully expect Morelos to leave next Summer. Not one.

Leaving in January is a different thing entirely. Win every game in December and there is, rightly no chance he goes. F*ck it up spectacularly and lose the Cup Final and a few league games then we might have to reconsider, subject to offers at the right level.

King and Gerrard can only speak of the here and now though and were absolutely correct to put it the way they have - ‘Not For Sale’ to coin one of the current political phrases.

The thing is they completely miss the point, we’ve had him, Provan, Boyd mocking it

Rangers have played a blinder here, make our stance he’s not for sale at any price, we get bids of upwards of £25m and take one eventually, these guys will mock us for not getting £50m completely ignoring the fact they were also the ones saying we wouldn’t get £5m

I’m sure next week they will mock the £20m valuation of a drug taking gambling addict whose hardly kicked a ball for a year or so

We sell Morelos at the time of our and the players choosing, the club's finances gain, we have money for replacements, King has things pretty well financially tidy by next season, and the club is challenging on all fronts with sellout crowds, strong management team in place.
So do one Timmy.

It's already very clear the guy doesnt like us, why he feels the need to reiterate it time after time after time is his concern.
Scottish fitba was in dire straits - still is - but Rangers revival is a rare bright spot in an otherwise dismal landscape. Nevertheless, its always 'let's have a pop at Rangers'.
This only underlines the fact we are the only show in town. Much as he despises the fact, it is 100% true.
When it boils down to it, do we really care what him and his paper thinks?

I’m sure it was Gleneagles and not Turnberry as it was a team up the North East we were due to play, I don’t recall the quote from McCoist and no one said our valuation for Morelos is £40/£50m, this figure was a throwaway comment from Gerrard emphasising that in January he isn’t for sale.

Facts and Waddell don’t go.

This garbage is why people won't pay money to read the opinions of Scottish football hacks.

Do they really think there is an audience for this shite.

King never said he wouldn't be sold. He said he wouldn't be sold in January.

Scottish journalism folks. Why let an actual factual quote get in the way of a piece of shit article

He would have preferred we were still a play thing of Ashley and the Easdales, in a permanent embarrassing fight for 3rd.

I love the way he goes on about Celtic being well run. Had they not sold tierney they would have posted a loss similar to us

Happy to dish out the "aye but..." when it comes to King without even the slightest offer of an explanation given.

Waddell conveniently forgets the state the club was in when King saved us(note that word slaphead). We were at the mercy of a bunch of goons who were happily cutting our throat and only offering to stem the wound if we gave them something in return for a pittance. Repeatedly.

If Dave King hadn't taken over Rangers then perma losses on the balance sheet(and BTW perma losses King said from day one would happen until he stabilised and rebuilt the club) would be the least of our worries.

We get it Waddell. You hate him. You hate us. The feeling's mutual shitstain.

Last edited:
His narrative doesn't make sense, the only difference between his idea and ours is SIX fuc*in months ,passes in the blink of an eye . Let's not forget the "celtic" blueprint was created by us with the transfers of Boumsong, boughera, cuellar and Jelavic and Van Bronqhorst if you wish to go back further. Let's also remember that our club was raped by the Whytes ,Greens and Ashley's while Scottish football stood by and clapped , it wasn't because we were massively in debt ,it was Agenda which floored us and HMRC was the tool used to do it . Smell the fear , they know we're near.

He really does dislike Rangers doesn’t he? Typical bitter Falkirk fan, raging that he is hugely overrun in his own town by bears.

mad others have said, he has conveniently forgotten the fact that all supporters know he will be sold, just in the summer, not January.

his criticism of King I actually find funny, most journalists hate him because he treats them with absolute contempt. Which is nice.

Again, he focuses on the fact we haven’t yet won a trophy while glossing over the utter shambles that King inherited when took over, they stayed at the time it would be a 5 year project and would cost up to £50 million, and that exactly what it’s turning out to be.

Here’s hoping.
ZhYyeic.gif

The laughable fact of the matter is. If Morelos was a Celtic player and he was in this sort of form domestically and abroad and Celtic told the media he wasnt for sale they would be lauded as saviours of the Scottish game.

We need to keep the best talent in the league for as long as possible they would be telling us.

BRAVE Celtic looking to better the Scottish game to the detriment of their bank account.

Waddell and the rest of the moronic Scottish media are an absolute embarrassment to their profession.

Back