Gordon Waddell at it again.

Would love it if someone could dig up his values of dembelend and eduretard.
Morelos is one of Europe’s top strikers how much is that worth.
a lot!!! A lot more than tierney went for put it that way.

Did he listen to or read a single word Dave King said? I think not, he is either thick or deliberately obtrusive. I know very little about big business, but it was laid out In a manner that even a simpleton like Waddell should have been able to understand, our board absorbed the losses on a short term basis, we now have the ability to trade our way out of problems in the future, the fact that we are not in the gutter anymore really hurts this little nationalist wa**er,

You read stories like that and you come to the conclusion that he’s either hard of thinking, or deliberately trying to misrepresent Rangers’ position in order to write another negative article about us.

The media moan about the game in this country “hating itself to death”, but these are the people leading that charge from the front.

From the same guy that wrote a story bemoaning Scottish football always downplaying itself, claiming in said piece that Steven Fletcher could be every bit as good as Karim Benzema. Seriously.
You’ve never came across as a liar bud, but this is a step too far.
Surely he didn’t print that and surely his editor didn’t allow it.

Taken from the Comments section of the Sun story on Cairney ...

Anything to win a trophy you know your club don't have a chance unless Celtic disappear, any word on nelly and dunn or you ignoring that one or the 66 fans your club killed and try to hide the truths

There’s that Celtic ‘culture’ I was talking about, encapsulated in a few semi-literate lines.
and the Sun printed that???? FFS!!!!

They keep asking Gerrard in his press conferences if Alfie is for sale or what kind of bid would it take.

All sp they can print and push this negative narrative about not just Alfie but the club as well.

What did we do to deserve this shower of a media?

This article is actually hilarious!

Of course Rangers are going to sell Alfredo Morelos. And everyone knows this. The question is of course when do we sell him? how much do we sell him for? And will he win us the league before we sell him?

Every Rangers fan knows this, as do the board and the man himself.

This moronic journalist has written an article of nothingness.

Ps. I think we ll sell him.in the summer for between £20-35M depending on how he and we do for the rest of the season.

You know what Waddell you fucking imbecile?
It’s all about timing, about nurturing the talent and seeking to gain maximum return.
You fucking dicks were mocking Rangers for turning down £9m.
Who was correct there? Ya fucking arsehole. How much of a mistake would that have been?

Is it too difficult to understand that he is required for a title race?
Fire us to the league and alongside an already successful Euro campaign, Rangers will have to wait a very short while to benefit from what will be a Scottish transfer record.

You and your ilk will be crying in your cornflakes and be proven once again that you know the square root of f uck all about football.

See you in July, prick.

Gordon who ?

are newspapers actually still a thing ?

no doubt he will be off to his boss, look gaffer my story has got a thread on FF with hunners of views, pity they are all calling you out for what you are Gordon, a sad twisted tosser.

I really do laugh at the tone of these various articles. It's as if they've finally found something, anything that proves they know more about football than a world wide name and World Class operator like Steven Gerrard. They absolutely can not STAND the fact that someone has come in here and routinely spoken and looked at the pricks like the mutants they are as as they spew utter drivel at him week after week.

Of course they are completely missing the point. He used fantasy figures because that's what any potential transfer is, pure fantasy. For the hard of thinking looking in, he's not for sale at any price in January. Stevie, will of course explain all of this with that patient, slightly sneering way he has with these muppets, when they continue to cling on to these words, hoping to try and catch out the Rangers manager and show everyone how insightful, quick-witted and knowledgable they are.

Not a chance of that, now back under your rock you in-bred, manky, pish-stained, Tim BASTARDS!

He is not a filth supporter! Waddell is a small/provincial club supporter who is resentful and grudging of our unparalleled success. He merely identifies with the filth, downtrodden, lesser, inferiority complex and therefore has found a much louder voice during the two decade long hatefest inflicted on our club.

Guys like Waddell would not last five minutes in the Scottish media otherwise, in fact he has found his ‘perfect storm’ to be in the spotlight, to rage against us, the rat who roared. Therefore just sit back and wait for the natural order to be restored because guys like Waddell consumed with hatred and his filth bedfellows will be entirely crushed by our resurgence.

like the rest of the bigoted nutters he’s best ignored!

Writing that down keeps him off the streets and free from engaging with real people.
Bitter, bitter bastard that he is.

Waddell is so busy trying to make an egregious point that he totally misses the real point.
Rangers strategy isn't one of debt it is one of investment.
We are a football club we need a team and we have invested in that team.
That the investment has been wise and will pay dividends is the point.
That the investment is now worth far more than the sum initially laid out is the point.
That timing, to reap the best return from the investment is the point.

However he of course fails to understand crucial points in his desperation to criticise.
That is why he cannot get a job beyond his own wee region.
He is an intellectual pygmy.

The media filth don't like Morelos getting the good PR and being fondly talked about by some big names within the game it eats away at them.

They want to spend time hyping up their wee Edouard for führer Lawwell so they can cash in on him when they don't get CL money next season.

We have £40million in the auditorium, £40m…any advance on £40m?”
“£50m, you say, sir?…FIFTY MILLION from the pre-match presser…not going once, not going twice…are we all done?”
Here’s hoping.
The fantasy auction for Alfredo Morelos this week has been quite something. All the figures that no one has ever bid and possibly never would being refused for a player apparently not for sale at any price anyway.
Which, in a nutshell, is why Rangers are still posting annual figures whose bottom line has a minus in front of it.
It’s the 21st century equivalent of David Murray’s Rangers tenner for every Celtic fiver. The ‘We Are The People’ vanity that says you don’t have to be a viable business, as long as you can stop Celtic.
Sorry but if someone bids even close to these figures for one of your players, you bite their hand off for it then shout it from the rooftops that you did.
Because it’s what makes you a success and persuades the next Morelos to come.
The post-agm headlines reminded me of a conversation with Ally McCoist back in the dark days at the start of ‘The Journey’.
They were playing Stranraer on the Saturday, a bog-standard 3pm fourth-tier league game, a 90-mile, two-hour luxury coach trip down the road from Murray Park.
Yet their entire squad and staff, vastly over-resourced for the level they were at anyway, were spending an overnight on the Friday at five-star Turnberry to prepare.
It was pointed out this was the kind of unnecessary profligacy that had put Rangers under in the first place. Maybe they should cut their cloth.
“Until someone tells me we’re not Rangers any more,” McCoist said, “We will continue to behave like we’re Rangers.”
Maintain the facade. At any cost. Which is exactly what this artificial peeing-up-a-wall contest on Morelos’ value is.
Your entire club has been a loss-making exercise, ‘strategic’ or not, soft loans or not, since you got back in the game in 2012.
At some point that has to change and since we’re not getting a billion-pound TV deal any day soon in Scottish football, and the Old Firm aren’t being flown on private jets straight into England’s top 20, this whole ‘not for sale at any price’ schtick is brainless.
Of course he is, and so he should be. If someone wants to give you £40m for a player you paid £1m for, damn right you sell him, you balance the books and you reinvest in the next guy – or several guys – who are going to do exactly the same.
The trouble is, they’re still slaves to the wrong mentality, they’ve never created a culture the way Celtic have done with their fans, where they understand that THIS IS WHAT THEY DO! They scout, they sign, they develop, they sell, rinse and repeat. Of course you want to build and keep your top talent, see how far you can take them, but when the money gets crazy and you’re operating with an eight-figure annual deficit?
Because if that’s not their model then what else is going to get them to break even or make a profit once the attitude that losing money every year isn’t a problem is on the flight back to South Africa for good?
European money should be the gravy, not your bread and butter. You can’t bank on it.
Morelos should be the flag bearer for modern Rangers. They took a chance on a kid from Colombia, in the outpost of Finland. Didn’t speak the language but hell, he could score goals.
Look at him now. Bargain of the century.
His two goals the other night were outstanding, like most of his others.
The concentration and physicality required for both showed a striker at the absolute peak of his powers.
He’s brilliant – powerful, quick, hungry and – thanks to gaffer Steven Gerrard – far more disciplined.
The trouble is, instead of saying ‘this is what we do and this is how our club is going to work’, they’re still in the mindset of thinking all they have to do is stop Celtic. Not fix Rangers.
It has been their problem since day one of the post-liquidation era. Using another club as their yardstick instead of creating their own. So, sure, if a big bid comes in January, when you’re in a fight for a title and trying to deny them nine in a row, the timing would stink.
But you’ve got class cover in Jermain Defoe and you’ve then got a pot of millions to find a replacement, who presumably will be on a list Ross Wilson has in his drawer. Ideally you’d do it in the summer but needs must.
This is what it comes down to. That’s what Rangers’ business has to be.
Which brings us to Dave King’s standing ovation at his announcement he’s off. Does he leave them in a better state than he got them? Absolutely. Better management, infrastructure, academy. Team challenging on all fronts. All good.
But all the talk of statues and his name on buildings? Spare us. Then refer back to the underlying issues that all still need fixed.
Still in a legal fight with Mike Ashley and without a retail deal worth the paper it’s written on, perma-losses on the balance sheet, no major trophy, no title since 2011.
He’s had fans queuing round the block with his ‘they’re all enemies of Rangers’ rhetoric and they’ve lapped it up without much critical appraisal of their own direction of travel.
For a while the fact he simply wasn’t Craig Whyte and wasn’t Charles Green was good enough.
But a true legacy doesn’t just mean leaving the place looking tidier than you found it.
Wooft - Totally nailed his colours to the mast there!
That is an unbelievable piece of anti Rangers diatribe!

You’ve never came across as a liar bud, but this is a step too far.
Surely he didn’t print that and surely his editor didn’t allow it.

It was outrageous at the time mate - I remember there being a huge thread on here about it. He then tried to defend himself by saying he was making a wider point about Scottish football always doing itself down, which makes this Morelos piece all the more galling.

I'm sure @SDF can confirm.

It was outrageous at the time mate - I remember there being a huge thread on here about it. He then tried to defend himself by saying he was making a wider point about Scottish football always doing itself down, which makes this Morelos piece all the more galling.

I'm sure @SDF can confirm.
Seems like Waddell, to prove a point, made himself look even more ridiculous than normal.
A truly bizarre analogy.
By the way, I did know you weren’t lying.
You genuinely couldn’t make that one up.

Waddell, see ye cannae tell by a christian name or surname who is for or against us. This is a no mark wanker.

Don’t know why we need to keep publicising what some press no-marks say about us.

I know what they are saying without ever so much as glancing at them.

Sometimes you read a column by an ex-player by Hartson and you think -- "You're only getting that gig because of the fact you were a well-known and indeed international player."
Let's be honest: quite a few ex-players get away with a load of sh*te because of who they once were.

But ... WHO exactly was "Gordon Waddell" ??

Before his "column", had anyone ever heard of him ?
Even as some uber-fan, or professor of the sport, or even as a voluble shareholder of his club ?

The Rangers-hating stuff apart, how the heck did he ever get space in a newspaper to spout his nonsense ?

They push second string players at them for 10 m plus and devalue ours at every turn.

He’s a Dick
We didn’t say we weren’t going to sell we just said not for sale in January.
The dick needs to realise that we can do both.
Keep Alfie till the summer, win the league then sell him on for a huge profit. Simple really.
I can smell the rats fear in every word of that article

When you cut through all his waffle what you get here is a Scottish journalist( sic) heavily criticising a Scottish team for holding on to their best player. A scenario that would draw praise anywhere else in the world. In fact, hold that, it would draw praise in this country too if it was a certain other team.
These fuckers are a joke to their profession, completely unable to act impartially.

Waddell will be the first journo to say that Rangers are the best of a bad lot if we win the League this season, guaranteed. A sad sack of a human being.

Not going to post the link here as I don't wish to promote the paper but there is an article by this idiot in the Record dated 11/8/2019 headed "Peter Lawell played Kieran Tierney transfer from Celtic perfectly and will have been doing cartwheels around the office"
The whole tone of that article when compared to his screed today illustrates where his allegiance lies.

I do kinda agree with this ratbag in that i doubt we will get anything like the crazy money which people are talking about......50m etc....i hope so but il be surprised i hope first of all he fires us to the title.

But its always interesting the way these cowardly filth find any excuse to have a go at everything Rangers and would never write similar articles about the many many overrated tim players.

Gordon Waddell is a fraud an absolute shitebag thats perfect for that paper, same as Jackson.

For most of them, our financial demise is their ultimate Holy Grail and Alfie is Tim Kryptonite as his goals wound them but him as our 30-50m asset provides us with financial stability for years to come.

Let me trust a successful businessman like Mr King to look after my interests as a Rangers fan, rather than a second rate rag with a third rate journalist, who supports a fourth rate team, with fifth rate standards of success to govern it. You are an irrelevance Waddell.

This clown has written some shocking pieces on us over the years.He’s a total bellend of a journalist and a prize A prick as a person.

It’s also worth pointing out Stranraer weren’t in the 4th tier with us at the start of ‘the journey’.We were in the same division the following season in the 3rd tier.

He seems a very bitter little man cut from the same cloth as Bill Leckie.The arrogance and aggression in his articles is quite amusing because he looks like a right drip.

Back