Goss 1st half especially

Recoba

Official Ticketer
amazing 1st half, the control and his footballing brain is different level, seemed to fade out of the game 2nd half along with other players but you can see what a player he is, great to watch.

Not sure what happened 2nd half with us losing control but we got the 3 points.

"What a player" - yet he was anonymous in the second half. I agree he looked good in the first half and actually put me in mind of young Rossiter with his composure and touch but....let's wait and see how it goes.
He's not our player anyway.

"What a player" - yet he was anonymous in the second half. I agree he looked good in the first half and actually put me in mind of young Rossiter with his composure and touch but....let's wait and see how it goes.
The entire team was largely anonymous in the second half.

P1sh reply
Eh yea he isnt our player thanks for pointing that out, i would never have known if you hadn't.

Pat yourself on the back

Problem with players disappearing.
How does Windass last the full game?
John went awol second half.
Morelos was fecking awful for just about all of the game.

Plenty of room for improvement.
Agree windass done nothing amd Morelos seemed to sulk most of the game.

Didn't do much to merit the credit your given him.

Had a few touches on the ball with very little pressure on him, made the expected tidy passes that he should be.

Wasn't great, wasn't bad. Need to see far more of him before he's judged sensibly.

P1sh reply
Eh yea he isnt our player thanks for pointing that out, i would never have known if you hadn't.

Pat yourself on the back
"Pish reply" but you completely edited your original post to take the "what a player" out along with other stuff you said and now your first post basically agrees with me saying he was good in the first half! o_O

Didn't do much to merit the credit your given him.

Had a few touches on the ball with very little pressure on him, made the expected tidy passes that he should be.

Wasn't great, wasn't bad. Need to see far more of him before he's judged sensibly.
really ? not in the 2nd half but 1st half he was brilliant same as against Aberdeen in the 1st half, for some reason folk dont want to give him credit on here, maybe because he is a loan and not ours.

Yea i maybe went overboard but your reply was a joke pointing out he isnt our player
I was simply meaning he might be good but we have a big pool of our own midfield players now so it might be better to focus on developing them instead of a guy who will be gone in a few months. Not trying to have a go at you in any way, or Goss himself, just pointing out that fact. I think he's a great prospect - but he's not our prospect!

really ? not in the 2nd half but 1st half he was brilliant same as against Aberdeen in the 1st half, for some reason folk dont want to give him credit on here, maybe because he is a loan and not ours.

I'm speaking for myself of course although I'd assume others are in the same boat.

Loan player or not, he's our player just now and if he deserves Critism or compliments, it's based on what he does on the park.

Give him a handful of games at least to assess what he's actually about.

Not a lot of information can be gathered from two games to make as bold statements.

You can see the guy's got class and vision which we need in midfield. Cummings needs to play up front with Morelos and Goss will supply the device. Nice choices to have in midfield !

I was simply meaning he might be good but we have a big pool of our own midfield players now so it might be better to focus on developing them instead of a guy who will be gone in a few months. Not trying to have a go at you in any way, or Goss himself, just pointing out that fact. I think he's a great prospect - but he's not our prospect!
Yea i agree i would rather play out players rather than build up a loan player but i think the guy is class, lets see after hibs if he plays then we can make a firm judgement on him.

good to get the win but i dont know why we relinquished control 2nd half.

Head and shoulders above anyone else in the first period.

When he tired it was no surprise we looked so poor. He mopped up everything and started just about every attack.

I think so far he looks a solid technical player clearly he needs games to get his fitness up.

However he's got miles to go......

He lo
amazing 1st half, the control and his footballing brain is different level, seemed to fade out of the game 2nd half along with other players but you can see what a player he is, great to watch.

He looks a very good player and certainly a class above those around him in the first half.

Great first half, looks a class act. Maybe missing some fitness and physicality which showed second half. I think in there with McCrorie and Docherty he could be fantastic for us.

Great range of passing and not afraid to have a shot, faded in second as said but impressive start from him.

Against the worst team I have ever seen - what did he do that was better than good? He was okay and that's it.

I can see the experts of FF slowly but surely turning against Morelos

Every player gets it at one time or another - one thing that's guaranteed by young players is inconsistency wish folk would realise that

Players seemed to get judged on a game by game basis by some posters always been the way

Goss , along with Martin and Murphy has hardly kicked a ball in ages, it's no surprise we faded in the second half.

I can see the experts of FF slowly but surely turning against Morelos

LOL. Indeed. It's like a pack mentality and a feeding frenzy, in nature :D

For my part, can I just say that I have been completely consistent in repeatedly saying that I feel the praise of Morelos is pitched at too high a level. He is a very good player. He is the league's top scorer. However, the lad has a lot upon which he can improve. His heading is awful, despite his headed goal against the sheep. He also doesn't have the most devastating burst of pace, although he certainly isn't lacking in pace. He also needs to be a little less selfish in the right moments. Some of those things can be coached.

Truthfully, I rate Cummings more highly at this moment, and that's not based on one goal against Ross County. I just think Cummings is more lively when fully fit and would be more threatening. I also think he'll prove to be a better finisher. Time will tell. This is one of those "bookmark" moments :D

Anyway, what a lovely problem. Which to play or how we accomodate both on the field at the same time. :)

Back