Got a feeling that Ibrox will be the loudest ever tomorrow night.

It’s all subjective to the individual I suppose. It was more emotional and tense for me but nowhere near as loud as Kiev or Parma.

One of the loudest noises I’ve heard at Ibrox wasn’t in a European game, it was Goughs last minute equaliser v the yahoos when we had 9 men and Roberts in goals. Literally blew the roof off and blew the scotsport speaker!
Bang on. That noise when Gough scored was like nothing else.

Its the 1st leg so, won't reach leipzig, Kiev, parma or Leeds levels tomorrow. But should still be electrifying and bristling if the players get and keep the fans onside. The support will do their bit if they see every player in the famous Royal blue giving 100%
Leeds was first-leg, but get your point.

Leipzig won’t be topped for many many years (if ever)

I don't know about ever, if we keep our European trajectory going we will be fine.

An interesting thing for me that GVB said in his press conference was 'a club such as this will be in Europe every year'. I think we have a 50/50 chance against PSV, but if we are exposed to Europe every year with fairly consistent runs as we have been doing over the last few years, another UEFA Cup Final or doing okay, and then getting out of the Group Stages of the Champions League is not beyond us.

To the besht fooshball supporters in the world….we need a twelfth man here…where are you?

Where aaare you???

Lesh be having you!

COME ONNNNN!!!!! :))

Leipzig beats any game I've ever attended, the atmosphere was like nothing I've ever attended, football match, concert, festival, anything, it was genuinely incredible, blew everything else out the water.
Same for me mate after the week we had in run up to the game the emotion what was at stake the performance from the players was second to none and the atmosphere just unreal from start to finish when lundstram scored wow what a noise then when the final whistle went don’t think it will be topped in all honesty

I don't know about ever, if we keep our European trajectory going we will be fine.

An interesting thing for me that GVB said in his press conference was 'a club such as this will be in Europe every year'. I think we have a 50/50 chance against PSV, but if we are exposed to Europe every year with fairly consistent runs as we have been doing over the last few years, another UEFA Cup Final or doing okay, and then getting out of the Group Stages of the Champions League is not beyond us.
If Rangers ever get into a Champions League Quarter final type heights - the atmosphere will be the stuff of legends.

Ten minutes before kick-off against Leeds and the entire East Enclosure was standing and singing, you're not going to get that level of support again.

Kiev was louder than Leipzig for me , never heard noise like it.

However for tension and the prize of getting to a Euro final Leipzig was better than Kiev, the lundstrum song at the end will take some beating

Those that were at the Kiev game are now at an age where the ears don't hear as well as they use to. So comparisons of games 30+ years apart may not be so balanced ;)

Noise sure to be electric, not sure whether much will beat Leipzig for a long time though.

As an aside, don't really agree with the music at this stage - so be nice to drown it out, and save soaking it in for the next game in the groups!

Frankly, it pissed all over Leipzig.

Nope!

There have never been scenes and delirium inside Ibrox as crazy as when Lundstram's goal went in and then the final whistle that night, nothing comes close.

Kiev was great, as where the others cited in the thread, but none of them where as good as Leipzig, from pre match when they showed the tribute to Jimmy, right through the match to bedlam at the end, it was incredible.

Last edited:
There is literally 0% chance of that being the case. Leipzig isn’t being topped.

Ibrox will still be the cauldron we know it is though. Start strong, score early, PSV shite their wee panties and we pile on.

Hopefully the UB's start the night off with a rousing anthem rather than BMG.
Is there any plans to switch off the P.A before kick off,don't think it really worked last week?

Who knows what way it will go,it could be tense and nervy. If team get into them and the crowd roar them on for every ball they fight for and win etc then it should be a good start and an intimidating atmosphere.
Leipzig was something special. Im going to put something forward.If we play at home on a night that would see us qualifying for the knockout stages of the CL, never mind a semi, and win then the place is going to go a absolutely mental. I know that I will.

Nope!

There have never been scenes and delirium inside Ibrox as crazy as when Lundstram's goal went in and then the final whistle that night, nothing comes close.

Kiev was great, as where the others cited in the thread, but none of them where as good as Leipzig, from pre match when they showed the tribute to Jimmy, right through the match to bedlam at the end, it was incredible.
Agree. Start to finish. Raw emotion and then at full time it was a full blown concert. Those scenes wont be matched in our lifetime and havent been since before we were born

Hopefully the UB's start the night off with a rousing anthem rather than BMG.
Is there any plans to switch off the P.A before kick off,don't think it really worked last week?
It didn’t work last week because it was said they would turn it off at 19:30 and yet it was off for about 3 minutes before kick-off (19.45)

8pm KO tonight it should be off from 7.30 onwards.

Didn’t think it was great last week at start of game when PA went off, when it should be as that’s what we all want.

Just kept trying to repeat build my gallows and wasn’t great imo. Hopefully better tomorrow.

Then later the atmosphere got better as night went on and was pretty good near the end.
I don’t know why the UB kept going on with build my gallows for so long. It took away from the atmosphere if anything.
I am a great supporter of the UB, but on this occasion they got it badly wrong.

Kiev was louder than Leipzig for me , never heard noise like it.

However for tension and the prize of getting to a Euro final Leipzig was better than Kiev, the lundstrum song at the end will take some beating
Was Kiev better than Parma; the Parma game was electric.

Nope!

I have spoken. It was thus. Kiev - unparalleled and unmatched.

Fingers crossed that we roar the famous with every touch and personally i love it when we boo/whistle every time they (PSV) touch it. I don't know why I like it so much, but nothing better when we as a croud pressure their keeper and then they kick it out the park...... the small things that make me smile
I agree.Its like a boxer looking to get someone on the ropes your basically shouting "get into them" and dont let up.When we rob them of possession, put in a stiff tackle or win a corner and the crowd is roaring its intimidating.Its worth as much as any song.
Combined its a cauldron.Theyll know when the pressure is on when the crowds roaring "die die" as we will be getting stuck in.
But it has to happen on the park.
Build my gallows never intimidated anyone, its a great song but its for the swell after the storm imho.

Back