Gough on radio Scotland

Thank you for sharing . Richard Gough clearly respected Walter as a manager but more importantly loved him as a friend.
Heartbreaking but I'm glad I listened to it.

Emotions have been very high today. I’m planning on not taking on board any fluids tomorrow to try and control the inevitable tears.

Listened to that, very touching. One thing I noticed, the guy who I think might be bbc scotland's top football correspondent said that Walter went to Rangers with Souness under Murray's revolution. A very knowledgeable football correspondent?

Mr Edgar summed up my feelings perfectly today. Was surprised how hard the news hit me, then watched the tributes and realised why. The happiness that Walter brought to all of our lives was just absolutely massive.

Agree KB.

I don’t know how many times the tears have come today, I’ve lost count.

Walter just had that thing about him. People that hadn’t even met him loved him.

Agree KB.

I don’t know how many times the tears have come today, I’ve lost count.

Walter just had that thing about him. People that hadn’t even met him loved him.
I’ve been the same. At one point my wife said to me ‘I hope you’re this upset when I snuff it’ to which I replied ‘Walter Smith has brought me more joy in life than you ever will’. At least she took it well and realised I was joking….well half joking.

It was a hard listen and one just full of respect. Every single player that he managed that's spoke about him today it's not Walter its gaffer. The sportsound podcast is really good to be fair to them as well with McCall and McInnes leading the tributes again gaffer and McInnes even corrected himself from saying Walter to gaffer.

I’ve been the same. At one point my wife said to me ‘I hope you’re this upset when I snuff it’ to which I replied ‘Walter Smith has brought me more joy in life than you ever will’. At least she took it well and realised I was joking….well half joking.

That’s the first I’ve laughed all day.

I don't why they (the presenters) even do these interviews especially when they can hear how distraught people like Richard, who were so close to Walter, are at this time.

Souness did the right thing.
Too distraught to talk right now.
That will come later.
When he...is ready.

King Richard, for me in my lifetime, has been our greatest captain. His love for Walter epitomised the entire team’s unique bond they shared with the gaffer in the ’90’s. Mr Smith was indeed remarkably humble, but knew intuitively when to show his wrath if warranted.

I’mhonestly big enough to admit I’ve got a headache from yesterday and this morning from crying. It’s like losing a member of my family the pain I feel and the feeling I have for the man even though I never met him in person. He was responsible for some of the happiest and best days of my life and for that I will forever be greatful. RIP Walter

I’mhonestly big enough to admit I’ve got a headache from yesterday and this morning from crying. It’s like losing a member of my family the pain I feel and the feeling I have for the man even though I never met him in person. He was responsible for some of the happiest and best days of my life and for that I will forever be greatful. RIP Walter
Great post, I echo this 100%.
Honestly didn’t expect it to hit me like it has but it’s realising what we’ve just lost
RIP Walter

Back