GR4 - PSV home game - now available to buy!!

Mview83

Official Ticketer
After the club stating GR4 would be completely unavailable due to UEFA requirements and instructing fans to log on at 9am this morning to purchase a ticket in another area the whole of GR4 is now available to purchase. What is actually going on?

I’ve purchased a ticket in another section, separate from the guys I go to games with because the website would not let one of us purchase together.

Also note the club gave us a £2 discount but charged a £1 handling fee per ticket which would not be charged of our CCCS payments went through as normal. So a whole £1 discount for this inconvenience.

The club continues to rip the pish out of its more loyal supporters. I don’t have an issue in being moved if it’s for UEFA etc but literally a couple of hours later the club make the whole section available to buy? Shambles once again.

I’m going to purchase my own seat and tell them to refund me the other tickets it’s an utter disgrace.

Discussed in other thread but I’m in the same boat as you.

I get that to some it’ll come across as a bit entitled but it’s a pain in the a*se having had to log on this morning, wait about for them to go on sale, pick an alternative seat etc only to then find the original seats go back on sale for others to grab.

Essentially we’ve been punished for being on the ball :D

I’m going to purchase my own seat and tell them to refund me the other tickets it’s an utter disgrace.
Good luck with that mate, it’s the TO your dealing with. Agree with you completely it’s an utter disgrace.

My mates haven’t been able to buy their tickets in GR4 they even videod the shambles of trying to buy their tickets while showing in their baskets and sent it to Stuart robertson . I doubt it will do any good but they were at the end of their tether

roll up roll up give us your money we’ll see you next season roll up roll up!

They kid on they care but reality shows that they couldn’t give a %^*& about the way we are treated in regards to ticketing.

The most expensive ticket in Scotland for a service that would look out of date for Benburb.

The club continues to rip the pish out of its more loyal supporters. I don’t have an issue in being moved if it’s for UEFA etc but literally a couple of hours later the club make the whole section available to buy? Shambles once again.

UEFA have told Rangers that they don't want all those tickets in GR4 and the club have re-released them to purchase. How would you have managed it better?

Wait till they uefa confirm how many the actually require maybe?
They've only got 7 days to turnaround and sell the entire fixture including windows for MyGers and General sales.

It's clearly annoying but the turnaround time is extremely challenging.

I’m in club deck. Get moved every game. I’ve just gone in and got two in Govan rear. Got confirmation email along with email telling me my tickets in Club deck were now available . Talk about timing ha ha

How can they wait when you've got people on here doing their nuts that seats weren't available to them at bang on 9 this morning. If UEFA told them at say 10am, what are they meant to do?

This would be better but I don't know if there's a timescale on this.

Do you then wait for them to get back and offer unbought tickets to fans whose tickets haven't been sold, and then hold another window where it goes to fans whose tickets have been sold?

This would be better but I don't know if there's a timescale on this.

Do you then wait for them to get back and offer unbought tickets to fans whose tickets haven't been sold, and then hold another window where it goes to fans whose tickets have been sold?
There was less than two hours between us being allowed to log on to purchase other sections and our seats being released hence the frustration.

Because I purchased in another section as instructed I can’t now buy my own seat. Add to that they’ve charged me a £1 ‘handling’ fee I wouldn’t have been charged if my CCCS went through.

Ultimately I’ve got a ticket and will be there regardless. The issue I have is that lessons are never ever learned in our ticketing operation. They simply do not care who or how people are inconvenienced as long as they get their money.

Any forward thinking club would have a system easy enough for me to log on now and switch to my own seat - but we don’t sadly. Stewart Robertson is personally looking into it though…

There was less than two hours between us being allowed to log on to purchase other sections and our seats being released hence the frustration.

Because I purchased in another section as instructed I can’t now but my own seat. Add to that they’ve charged me a £1 ‘handling’ fee I wouldn’t have been charged if my CCCS went through.

Ultimately I’ve got a ticket and will be there regardless. The issue I have is that lessons are never ever learned in our ticketing operation. They simply do not who or how people are inconvenienced as long as they get their money.

I know - but what happens differently next time?

Absolute joke this had to buy a ticket in gr5 as I'm told I'd be moved then they sell my seat to someone else. I'm going to ticket office tomorrow and asking for a swap. Shambles how they treat us for uefa corporates waste of time paying for one of the most expensive seats in Ibrox to get treated like this.

There should be an easy way to swap my purchased ticket in GR3 over to my own seat now that is free. In fact this should be done automatically when it becomes available.

This is probably harder than it actually sounds - it involves you getting in touch with Rangers to tell them to swap the ticket (it can't be done automatically because some people would probably be happy with the change of seats, and some people in groups of two/three might find one of their seats taken), that ticket being cancelled and then re-uploaded to the site for purchase from other fans. Possible, I suppose, but made all the more difficult because the game is only four days away.

If you buy your own seats in GR4 will your smartcard be activated or do you get a QR Code? Email says QR Code - email confirmation after buying tickets says Smartcard upload

I know - but what happens differently next time?
It should be easy. The club has a deadline for Uefa to get back to them and then releases the tickets based on what they are, or aren't, taking. We all know there is a tight turnaround time for this one but the tickets for GR4 went on sale 1.5 hours after the sale had started for folk who were being moved from GR4. They could have held off till then.

It should be easy. The club has a deadline for Uefa to get back to them and then releases the tickets based on what they are, or aren't, taking. We all know there is a tight turnaround time for this one but the tickets for GR4 went on sale 1.5 hours after the sale had started for folk who were being moved from GR4. They could have held off till then.

Presumably Rangers didn't know when UEFA were going to get back to them? As you say, it's not much of a wait.

Presumably Rangers didn't know when UEFA were going to get back to them? As you say, it's not much of a wait.
There must be some sort of timescale involved, all they need to do is have a discussion about it. The issue is though that it's not like this is a one off incident involving our ticketing and you give them a bit of leeway, it's just another in a long long line of cases where it seems that they either don't care or are incompetent. I just don't think we've even asked them when they'd let us know what they were taking.

Last edited:
Thanks @Kanye West for raising with the SLO as per the H&H daily update.

Timescales and not knowing when UEFA would get back with their uptake were the reasons given. I do know there was a quick turnaround but surely a cursory comm with UEFA rather than blocking out a whole section would have been the right way to go here? Seems the club also feel at least we’ve all got a ticket which completely misses the point.

Thanks @Kanye West for raising with the SLO as per the H&H daily update.

Timescales and not knowing when UEFA would get back with their uptake were the reasons given. I do know there was a quick turnaround but surely a cursory comm with UEFA rather than blocking out a whole section would have been the right way to go here? Seems the club also feel at least we’ve all got a ticket which completely misses the point.

My understanding is that its a set amount UEFA get automatically and you are kind of just left at their whim as to how many they will use and when they decide to return any. A ticket being better than no ticket was my summary rather than the clubs in terms of why the club had to crack on and start the process rather than waiting for UEFA,

Farce, it’s a current farce and it will always be a farce under the current regime who have shown time and time and time again they see us fans more of a hinderance than anything. Give us your money and fûck off.

Give us your money and be grateful that we are here for you and that you have a ticket.

Don’t complain because we will be too busy to even think about doing anything for you.

Do let us know your thoughts at the next fan engagement survey.

Repeated tagging of the SLO have been ignored. The club needs flushed out of anyone who doesn’t recognise that paying customers come first

Back