Grady Diangana

The best thing about the club's transfer dealings recently has been the lack of leaks to the press.
Every time a name is linked to us in the press, I just think that we are definitely not signing them.

Looks a talented young player and highly rated.

Bags of pace, can play on either wing, has a decent left foot, drives at the opposition, looks creative and certainly provides a goal threat

On a plus point he looks a considerable upgrade on any player other than Kent in our wide positions.

This one has my attention although he has a long contact with West Ham :(

More or less word for word what was said about Ojo when we were in the process of bringing him here.

Looks a talented young player and highly rated.

Bags of pace, can play on either wing, has a decent left foot, drives at the opposition, looks creative and certainly provides a goal threat.

On a plus point he looks a considerable upgrade on any player other than Kent in our wide positions.

This one has my attention although he has a long contact with West Ham :(
Harsh on Hagi.

So are we going to compare everyone to Ojo now?

You know fine well that this guy has been doing the damage at a higher level.

No it’s just ironic that’s all. Although I think I’m well entitled to be sceptical because our the reality is our record of getting joy out of young loanees from England has been poor to this point and doing it in the championship and under severe pressure up here are two completely different things.

No it’s just ironic that’s all. Although I think I’m well entitled to be sceptical because our the reality is our record of getting joy out of young loanees from England has been poor to this point and doing it in the championship and under severe pressure up here are two completely different things.
Kent wasn't shit and to be fair to Ojo he scored a few goals early on to help us progress in Europe.

Kent wasn't shit and to be fair to Ojo he scored a few goals early on to help us progress in Europe.

Well I didn’t say they were all shit just by and large our record is crap. Ojo got us a big goal, but again by and large he was absolutely painful to watch.

If it’s a loan I’m simply not interested
I love a post like this. Not interested in a player potentially playing for Rangers in a position we’ve been struggling with for years?Or have you decided to put your foot down and it’s just not going to happen?

No more young loan players for me unless there is an option to buy or they are the next Messi .

It won’t happpen as he’ll be a first pick for West Ham next season, he’s an excellent player and at 22 he’s not exactly young in football terms.

If we got him on loan he would be a very good signing, don’t kid yourself.

Last edited:
Looked quite good, didnt matter if he had 2,3 or 4 folk round him he still managed to get a cross in. Thats the type of football it will be up here with teams sitting in, looks a better option than a fast winger that runs into space, we dont normally get space to run into

It won’t happpen as he’ll be a first pick for West Ham next season, he’s an excellent player and at 22 he’s not exactly young in football terms.

Of we got him on loan he would be a very good signing, don’t kid yourself.

Cant say I’ve seen him but apart from Kent who was the last loan signing to make an impact??

More or less word for word what was said about Ojo when we were in the process of bringing him here.

I don't think there's a comparison really.

Diangana is coming off a successful loan move where he's contributed significantly to a team who look certs to get promoted to the EPL.

Ojo flopped on every loan move he's ever been on and flopped again here.

However, I'd be surprised if we get Diangana for the reason above.

West Brom will want him next season especially if they are promoted non starter I think and tbh I think he's similar to Kent in all honesty

Supposedly made contact with his representatives. Plays left wing so if he signed Kent could possibly move to the right

I don't believe anything regarding signings these days. Our club go about these in a totally different way to the past. The first any of us hear of signings is when the player has actually signed.

Cant say I’ve seen him but apart from Kent who was the last loan signing to make an impact??

Defoe? Kent? Hagi? I get that there have been issues, but every single club, even ‘cash rich’ separate entity FC, use the loan market and especially in this climate, if we do this is the type of player we should be looking at, but it’s not going to happen as he’ll either be part of West Ham’s side or go to an English side willing to pay a bigger loan fee than we will.

Defoe? Kent? Hagi? I get that there have been issues, but every single club, even ‘cash rich’ separate entity FC, use the loan market and especially in this climate, if we do this is the type of player we should be looking at, but it’s not going to happen as he’ll either be part of West Ham’s side or go to an English side willing to pay a bigger loan fee than we will.

Hagi was always an option to buy and Defoe needs no introduction.
You seem to have seen a lot of this guy and think he’s a cut above so I will take your word for it .
If he has a long contract and Westham see him in their plans then as you say we have no chance of signing him.

Personally can’t see this happening as West Ham we’re looking for him to be back in there first team next season. Although if the hammers were relegated you never know

Tbf this lad looks a far better player and has done well in the Championship. Ojo flopped at every single one of his loan moves.

Harsh on Hagi.

I wouldn't class Hagi as a wide player that's why I didn't mention him.

Hagi is a number 10 plain and simple and I think he's largely wasted when he plays wide and I fully expect him to be played behind a striker next season if not I think it's a major error by the management.

Please no more youngsters from England!

He's the exception not the norm.

That’s my view .

Kent and Hagi were always loans with a possibility to buy .

For every Kent and Hagi , we’ve had twenty Ovie Ejaria’s , Shinji Ojo’s, James Torrals and Emerson Hyndmans . We’ve even had loan players who were that bad they didn’t play 90 minutes .

The fact is 99% of loans don’t work and are a complete waste of everyone’s time . Loan with an option to buy is the only route I am interested in .

West Ham supporting mate says he’s a pretty skilful winger who scores regularly. He was doing really well on loan at West Brom before he got injured

Maybe just me but I am looking for someone with goals and assists. Something we are lacking.

The boy looks rapid and has skill but so has Kent who I feel doesn't do enough numbers wise. Its a lot harder trying to break down a packed defence every second week.

Could this be a loan with West Ham first dibs on Alfie?
The Alfie angle is the only explanation to be honest. There's no way we are buying the lad unless there is some kind of release clause in his contract and i cant see why West Ham would want to loan him out ... the boy look class !!

Tbf this lad looks a far better player and has done well in the Championship. Ojo flopped at every single one of his loan moves.

I wouldn't class Hagi as a wide player that's why I didn't mention him.

Hagi is a number 10 plain and simple and I think he's largely wasted when he plays wide and I fully expect him to be played behind a striker next season if not I think it's a major error by the management.
I'll be surprised if we completely change our system. I'm sure the management have a better idea on how to get the best out of the boy than anyone on here. "Major error" :rolleyes:

Also, Ojo was a success on loan at Fulham. He played 22 games in a promotion winning campaign in the Championship.

Unfortunately unless it’s a loan move can’t see us being able to afford transfer fee and wages required. Great prospect though

Why is that then? They take Alfie and we get the lad plus cash.
Because that would mean we sell Alfie at a reduced price and buy unknown quality.

We need players that are going to go into our first 11 therefore we need to maximise alfies sale.

Your worse than Martin Bain.

The players were starting to get linked with would indicate we're considering 4231, if they're accurate.

One of the reasons why I think they might be is that Hagi isn't gonna play as an inside Left/Right Forward - he's gonna be our Cam with a striker in front of him. Which leaves Kent on the LAM role and a big space for who would play RAM.

So yeh, I'd take rhis guy and hope it's true

The players were starting to get linked with would indicate we're considering 4231, if they're accurate.

One of the reasons why I think they might be is that Hagi isn't gonna play as an inside Left/Right Forward - he's gonna be our Cam with a striker in front of him. Which leaves Kent on the LAM role and a big space for who would play RAM.

So yeh, I'd take rhis guy and hope it's true
That sounds plausible and the formation would (should) work against some of the more packed defences. Easily adapted to a more containing formation for Europe/scum games too.

Back