Graeme Murty - “Wherever I go and whatever I do, I’ll always be a Bluenose

The board are ultimately to blame, he should never have had the role in the first place, then to do it again, madness.
But praising the pigs at their sty, that was a no no. Don’t let the door hit yer arse on the way out mate.

I haven’t got a bad word to say about him. He was asked to do a job by Dave King and gave it his all.
Same here. Guy was asked to step up and did his best. Can't ask any more than that.

If Morelos hadn't missed the sitter that season against Celtic when they were down to 10 men (if I remember correctly) we could have given them a bit of a fright in the run in. Probably wouldn't have made much difference but you never know.

It took someone like Steven Gerrard to turn things around, and even then he was afforded time that few others would’ve been.

Murty was never suited nor qualified to being a Rangers manager. He clearly got it, just never had it.

I wish him every success in the future.

Same here. Guy was asked to step up and did his best. Can't ask any more than that.

If Morelos hadn't missed the sitter that season against Celtic when they were down to 10 men (if I remember correctly) we could have given them a bit of a fright in the run in. Probably wouldn't have made much difference but you never know.

Morelos sitter gets us a point and would've left us 7 behind, 7 games to play having played a game more than Celtic. We were closer to Hibs in 4th that Celtic in first.

Bear in mind we then we on to drop 5 out of the next six points avaliable to Killie at home and Motherwell away where we were 2 down inside 16 minutes.

We then get to the ridiculous situation where losing by 5 at Hibs would've saw us finish 4th. And we were 3 down inside 20 minutes there.

Morelos sitter gets us a point and would've left us 7 behind, 7 games to play having played a game more than Celtic. We were closer to Hibs in 4th that Celtic in first.

Bear in mind we then we on to drop 5 out of the next six points avaliable to Killie at home and Motherwell away where we were 2 down inside 16 minutes.

We then get to the ridiculous situation where losing by 5 at Hibs would've saw us finish 4th. And we were 3 down inside 20 minutes there.
We could have won the game and they might have dropped more points and a change in momentum is huge in sport,
As I said, probably wouldn't have changed much in the end but you never know.

Quite a fair and candid interview.

He was out of his depth and sort of knew it, but wanted to repay that trust in him.

Best of luck Murts.

Back