Graeme Murty : Is There A Contingency Plan ?

BobbyShearer55-65

Goes without saying, that Murty will work his socks off to be a success and that while he's in the dugout, he'll get the complete backing of everyone who supports the club. But .....

It's also quite apparent that he has his weaknesses, not least his complete lack of experience in a similar role, and there's every likelihood that he may not be the success that the board have presented him to be. The words 'hung out to dry' spring to mind, here.

If Graeme Murty doesn't see out the season as Rangers manager, and the need arises to replace him before then - who takes over ?

With no plan in place to replace the actual manager, can we have any faith that there is a plan in place, to replace the replacement manager ?

I have my doubts.

Murty is no where near good enough not sure where we go from here,

I hope that this was only done to try and buy the board time I would be surprised if we don’t get beaten of Murderwell and get a complete doing off the Tims then what ?

Possibly Bomber who would have been a better option than Murty from the start as most of the players need a boot up the Arse , Murty wants to be their pal.

It doesn't really matter. The seasons gone.

Hopefully the next few months bring about investment and the required changes in the running of the club, and we can get the right man in for next season.

Hopefully the next few months bring about investment and the required changes in the running of the club, and we can get the right man in for next season.
On the contrary. I'd wager that Dave King's financial plan includes a crucial caveat, that European football revenue is essential to our forecasts, and that securing a European slot for 2018-19 is imperative. If the above attitude is adopted, and we fail to qualify for Europe - the well may truly run dry. The implications of that don't bare thinking about. We are currently one defeat away from 4th place.

On the contrary. I'd wager that Dave King's financial plan includes a crucial caveat, that European football revenue is essential to our forecasts, and that securing a European slot for 2018-19 is imperative. If the above attitude is adopted, and we fail to qualify for Europe - the well may truly run dry. The implications of that don't bare thinking about. We are currently one defeat away from 4th place.
European football. How much do we net based on one qualifier at home - away tie expenses?
He can't be forecasting for mutliple games based on a European run. Your budget is based on last years actuals surely if you are wise. Anything else is unrealistic. Why would you expect the same players to do better in Europe next season after all.

Not saying we don't need that income from that one qualifier or that finishing in a position to play that qualifier isn't important but how much we talking we net from this one qualifying round?

You will hope the board have learned valuable lessons but something tells me some of their egos will get in the way.

Starting to get mighty pissed off with our board and current sit

Goes without saying, that Murty will work his socks off to be a success and that while he's in the dugout, he'll get the complete backing of everyone who supports the club. But .....

It's also quite apparent that he has his weaknesses, not least his complete lack of experience in a similar role, and there's every likelihood that he may not be the success that the board have presented him to be. The words 'hung out to dry' spring to mind, here.

If Graeme Murty doesn't see out the season as Rangers manager, and the need arises to replace him before then - who takes over ?

With no plan in place to replace the actual manager, can we have any faith that there is a plan in place, to replace the replacement manager ?

I have my doubts.
JJ with Mulholland i would imagine

I think its 100% gonna be a caretaker till June regardless.

The board have strangely written off this season by failing to appoint a new manager. They are a disgrace. A title challenge was genuinely possible this year IMO, especially the way Celtic had been dropping points.

Not only that, but they've now decided Murty will be there until the end of the season - so even if his poor form continues, there won't be a change.

I think we'll be lucky to finish 3rd at this rate. I think the negative all round attitude in the club has rubbed off on the players as well.

European football. How much do we net based on one qualifier at home - away tie expenses?
He can't be forecasting for mutliple games based on a European run. Your budget is based on last years actuals surely if you are wise. Anything else is unrealistic. Why would you expect the same players to do better in Europe next season after all.

Not saying we don't need that income from that one qualifier or that finishing in a position to play that qualifier isn't important but how much we talking we net from this one qualifying round?
At last year's AGM, he made it pretty clear, that the financial strategy going forward, included the European stage, in order to free the club from the need for soft loans from existing directors.

That issue is the need to strike the right balance between financial prudence and deficit funding. The club cannot regain its former status by relying solely on the income it presently generates from its normal operations. It is therefore essential that the board does not deviate from its approved financial plan due to supporter and media pressure during one specific season and thereby abandon the financial discipline that is so essential to ensuring football and commercial success over the medium to long term. We won't be satisfied until we are at the summit of the game and it's a medium- to long-term project. It is my belief that Rangers is presently well enough resourced to achieve our next major football objective - a return to Europe.

There is no plan, end of! We will most likely lose to Motherwell and the filth, then it's the winter break, and the first game back is against the sheep. Every team in the league now fancy their chances against us. We won't start to improve until we gat a board who know how to run a big club and who can attract a good manager, because at the moment we are not an attractive prospect for any decent manager.

At last year's AGM, he made it pretty clear, that the financial strategy going forward, included the European stage, in order to free the club from the need for soft loans from existing directors.

That issue is the need to strike the right balance between financial prudence and deficit funding. The club cannot regain its former status by relying solely on the income it presently generates from its normal operations. It is therefore essential that the board does not deviate from its approved financial plan due to supporter and media pressure during one specific season and thereby abandon the financial discipline that is so essential to ensuring football and commercial success over the medium to long term. We won't be satisfied until we are at the summit of the game and it's a medium- to long-term project. It is my belief that Rangers is presently well enough resourced to achieve our next major football objective - a return to Europe.
Aye, well, we got European football last season, that worked well.
King has said a lot, most of it is utter gush, £30 mil...titles year in year out...nomads......
Of course it’s hard to feel the pain and embarrassment sitting in the sun in SA, maybe he should stay there and never return.

I know we need the money....I'm asking how much we net from one qualifying round?
£0.5m?, £0.75m,? Less / more ?

There is a very real possibility of us finishing 4th this season with Murty in charge. If we do then all kings financial plans are out the window and we are in an even bigger mess than we could imagine.

They will give it to JJ and hope for the best.

I am starting to wonder who even approved Murty until the end of the season, you are not telling me the board all agreed it was the best option. I bet King made the decision

I know we need the money....I'm asking how much we net from one qualifying round?
£0.5m?, £0.75m,? Less / more ?
Not sure about the qualifiers, but it's €360,000 for a EL group stage win and €120,000 for a EL group stage draw. Qualifiers would probably be less than that.

But on one hand King's telling us we're relying on European income next season. Then next thing he's appointing the U20s coach to manage a squad that got knocked out of Europe this season by postmen from Luxembourg.

So he's clearly not actually that bothered and it can't be that critical to him.

Disillusionment.
Not a nice word.
But there is a fear that some of it sank into our support following that performance at Rugby Park.

Losing is one thing, but to see a very average set of Kilmarnock players run a Rangers side out of town through sheer effort and desire as our lot crumbled in abject disarray unable to match the oppositions hunger was not a pretty sight, and perhaps has scarred our entire attitude as a support to those presently running and playing for the club we love.

I hope I am wrong.

A lot of sense being written above.
One of the things that separates a Hibs or Hearts from us is the European stage, that's what makes us a 'big' club and them not so much. There is an expectation that we will be involved in European football of some description, not only by the fans, but also on the balance sheets.
If we're talking about the league, then yes, it looks ominous. BUT! - we are playing for more than that, we are playing to at least have access to a revenue stream that will help us kick on and narrow the gap.

We need to get rid of the notion that whatever happens this season happens and get a grip to allow entry to Euro football, otherwise it is a vicious circle and we will just go down and down. We need a hand in the pot in order to secure a funding stream that will ensure what happened yesterday isn't a regular sight into the future.

As depressing as that is, it’s my feelings too.

I really hope so but I have a feeling we also said this when Warburton left..

It has gone now after our last 2 results.

Meanwhile Celtic are already addressing their weaknesses, having signed a centre half to strengthen for next season. He may or may not work out for them but they have 6 months to find that out. Come then we will be back at square one. New manager new ideas, a handful of players he really wants and a handful of dollars to bring in a team of superstars.

Back