Graeme Murty Press Conference

Craigie

Rangers FC‏Verified account @RangersFC 8m8 minutes ago
Graeme Murty has arrived to speak to the media...

DNI9gMtWAAA_OSr.jpg

10 replies17 retweets95 likes

GM: I’m here to ensure the players get what they need. They need to feel assured, ready and confident for the game.

GM: Kenny Miller is in the squad for tomorrow

GM: Pedro has been really open and honest with me and we wished each other the best. We had a great relationship.

I met Murty when my son was the Mascot last year, he was a gent and brilliant with the kids. No problem here with him being in charge for a few weeks.

Do you think he will be there by the time the O/F game comes around, can't see it,but if he is I think he would be as good as he was last year and I think he would have the beating of Rodgers,depending on players turning up,mind you.

He says:

"Coaching and management is about managing relationships."

Well, our Pedro wasn't too good at that was he...

Seems a bright and honest young man, Good Luck once more Graeme. Lets hope you get the reaction now that the Heid Master has left the building.

The last question regarding Ryan Jack wasn't to clever..Asked if jack was available for tomorrow and had to turn to someone at the side( probably Traynor ) to see if he was!

Murty comes across really well in the interview. Handled the so called journalists well and hasn't ruled out throwing his own hat in the ring.
Love this

"Do you have a view on how the club should go next."

Cheeky smile and "not a public one"

I actually feel ok going into the next few games with him at the helm.

Obviously always loved his football just came across this video

Last edited:
Can’t help but like the guy. My guess is the players will benefit from his keeping it simple approach, Caixinha was all about transitions, phases etc and it always worried me that the players didn’t know what the hell he was talking about and were going into games with too many things to focus on

The last question regarding Ryan Jack wasn't to clever..Asked if jack was available for tomorrow and had to turn to someone at the side( probably Traynor ) to see if he was!
Maybe we have appealed and he was looking to see if there had been confirmation ?? Not sure, it did seem to catch him on the hop a bit

tbf, he explained he wasnt avoiding the question, at the time of the interview, he didnt know if the appeal went in... or.... didnt know if there had been a press release

I really like Murty, comes across as pragmatic, upbeat but with no bullshit.

Met him and the team in Inverness last season presented with a signed top (retirement bash arranged by my colleagues) he is a lovely guy nice polite and humble everything a Ranger should be. Whether he’d ever want to be manager I’m not so sure but I know he’ll try his best.

Kept the press hyenas at bay very well but my goodness how many times can these jokers ask the same questions put a slightly different way.

Good Luck to him. He cam across clear and concise and didn't spend 15-20 minutes answering one question with a rambling analogy.

Back