Graeme Shinnie dumped into Derby u23 by Derby Manager Phillip Cocu

KGR98

May not be the most popular of signings but with a need for a left back at our club I don't see Derby not agreeing a loan deal for him if nessacery I'm sure Gerrard paid extra attention to him at full time during one of our games

Don’t think he could move this window as that would be two in the same window and coming back into a league to a rival would cause problems I would imagine

May not be the most popular of signings but with a need for a left back at our club I don't see Derby not agreeing a loan deal for him if nessacery I'm sure Gerrard paid extra attention to him at full time during one of our games

I wouldn't say not the most popular but maybe doesn't make sense. He's never a defender and that was summed up when he was roasted their for Scotland.

He played midfield for Aberdeen and is nowhere near good enough to get in our reserve team let alone first team.

I think it was back in February that I heard that Shinnie and Hastie had agreed to sign for us. Derby then cam in for him and he changed his mind. Aberdeen's best player last season but he wouldn't improve our team.

He’s actually a pretty good left back and has played there regularly. Whether he’s dramatically better than Halliday or Flanagan is the question. I do actually think he is better but it’s close.

We want to get someone a lot better.

He’s actually a pretty good left back and has played there regularly. Whether he’s dramatically better than Halliday or Flanagan is the question. I do actually think he is better but it’s close.

We want to get someone a lot better.

He was fucking chronic against the mighty Kazakhstan

%^*& sake, Graeme Shinnie for left back.

He's not even a left back and when he played there was utter garbage.

He's in the Derby under 23's for a reason.

Still think he's a good player, but just no longer good enough for us based on our current squad.

His move isn't working out so well though, that's for sure!

BBC says he is injured. Close thread.
The hosts are without loanee Jamie Paterson, who is ineligible to play against his parent club, while Graeme Shinnie, Duane Holmes, and Andre Wisdom are still recovering from injuries.

Holy f*CK seriously?

He wouldn't have got a start in any position in our team at East Fife, and that was as good as our second starting 11.

Not needed nor wanted (unless Stevie says otherwise).

I’m not saying we should sign him but a lot of people are showing themselves to be a bit clueless by mocking the OP and saying he’s not a left back, he had never played in midfield until a few seasons ago!

If he played the same way as he did with the sheep wearing a Rangers jersey he would be red carded every week. That's how it works.

Cocu may well be shunting players to the U23s but he has a job turning that squad round - 2-0 down at home to Bristol City. Perhaps he will be crawling back to Shinnie by the weekend.

Back