Graham Alexander

Looks like he’s got a problem with officials, see he was sent off again for arguing(assuming it’s with officials). He’s not been in charge long and already had 2 sending offs and couple of bookings for argument, as flash score puts it.
Well maybe he’s actually shocked at the shit refs? Welcome to Scottish football

I've no issue with it, Gerrard did similar not that long ago shutting down a reporter. Didn't keep repeating himself like Alexander did.

Gerrard was nothing like that.

You can move the conversation away from a particular incident without acting like a total bellend.

Gerrard did, Graham Alexander did not.

Motherwell put in a good performance for a change and you can see why he wants to focus on that. Scottish journalists aren't interested in the football, only the drama that goes with it. He had the right idea but poorly executed.

I have no problem with his interview, he just shuts the reporter down and talks about his team.
Don’t think we would be giving any Rangers manager stick if they did it
If he has been sent to the stands then it's a legitimate question to ask by the reporter. He is coming across as a fanny.

Self important by not wanting to talk about himself and wanting to talk about 11-14 of his team Instead?
Yes. By putting a spotlight on himself in the first place on the sidelines then acting arsey in the interview. The fact there is a thread on here about the Motherwell manager tells you the story has became him and not his team, no matter what he says.

Yes. By putting a spotlight on himself in the first place on the sidelines then acting arsey in the interview. The fact there is a thread on here about the Motherwell manager tells you the story has became him and not his team, no matter what he says.
For the sake of debate, do you honestly believe he thought “ I am going to get myself sent off to be in the spotlight “?
It’s just a manager being passionate, do you think a Craig brown mousey character is what the Motherwell fans want?

For the sake of debate, do you honestly believe he thought “ I am going to get myself sent off to be in the spotlight “?
It’s just a manager being passionate, do you think a Craig brown mousey character is what the Motherwell fans want?
No i don't believe that, what I do think though is he became arsey in the interview to act the big man. Self important.

Answer the question about his dismissal then praise his team. No hard.

Gerrard did a similar interview when the reporters kept asking about Morelos's future. Although I think Alexander has took it a bit too far

The reporter is coming the cu*t a bit as well.After the first time of him deflecting he continued to ask and ask and ask.So he was being a tadger as well.What Alexander should have said was I’m not answering that thank you.I will incur a further ban if I say what I really want to say here so I will talk about the team our play the game and nothing else.If that’s not good enough then as Ken Dodd would say tatty bye.

Bit of a f*cking twat who likes the sound of his own voice.
Not sure if accent is Bathgate or Brora
More like Blackburn (Lancs) or Burnley.

All he had to say was "I won't talk about that. I will talk about the game and performance all day as it was great - but, I won't talk about that". What he did was rude.

More like Blackburn (Lancs) or Burnley.

All he had to say was "I won't talk about that. I will talk about the game and performance all day as it was great - but, I won't talk about that". What he did was rude.
Christ heard it now, Rude? It’s an interview post match with a manager not a job interview.

Typical media want to concentrate on the negative. Yeah Alexander is a bit of a knob but good for him in not answering the question and want to talk about the result.

The interview sounds a bit wanky but he’s playing the averages. I mean he knows he’ll get hammered for the red card, why compound it and during a recorded interview with BBC Scotchland?

I think there are ways of doing that in an interview and that's certainly not the right way of doing it.

Comes across as a total pr*ck

If he has been sent to the stands then it's a legitimate question to ask by the reporter. He is coming across as a fanny.

it may be but he’s quite clearly not willing to discuss it so why persist with it , he’s not coming across as a fanny at all he’s wanting to do is keep the focus on how good his team were not a headline about refs etc.

All hes succeeded in doing is to deflect attention away from what was a god win for his team, no ones talking about that, just about him.

So his team have just had a great game but the media want to ignore that and go for the soap-opera pish and he's to comply?
FFS bears, every one of us in here complain about the state of the game up here and part of that is the media who are incapable of decent sports journalism so focus on the banal.
He was dead right in the way he handled that line of questioning. For those who say he should just have said "I'm not talking about it ", what do you think the next question would have been?
It would have been "Why is that, why are you refusing to discuss it?" and on and on.
If you want the game here improved, a part of that is promoting the football achievements, not the stupid side-shows.
Bit of consistency, eh?

See Gerrard’s midweek interview

Interviewer straight in about Patterson

”I’m surprised that’s your first question...”

About time people put our scum media in their place.

The irony of calling the managers self important, that label more appropriate to our journos.

The "scum media" who asked that question was David Edgar of Heart and Hand, and he probably pisses more knowledge about Rangers than you will ever know. It was a valid question nonetheless.

I understand you possess some kind of tunnel vision OCD when it comes to debates on here, but it is entirely possible to think the mainstream Scottish sports media is useless and that Alexander has come across as a c*nt.

So his team have just had a great game but the media want to ignore that and go for the soap-opera pish and he's to comply?
FFS bears, every one of us in here complain about the state of the game up here and part of that is the media who are incapable of decent sports journalism so focus on the banal.
He was dead right in the way he handled that line of questioning. For those who say he should just have said "I'm not talking about it ", what do you think the next question would have been?
It would have been "Why is that, why are you refusing to discuss it?" and on and on.
If you want the game here improved, a part of that is promoting the football achievements, not the stupid side-shows.
Bit of consistency, eh?
My thoughts exactly.

it is entirely possible to think the mainstream Scottish sports media is useless and that Alexander has come across as a c*nt.
He came across as a c*nt because he refused to play the part of Aunt Sally in a pathetic soap-opera?
Perhaps if more managers adopted Alexander's 'c*nty' behaviour we'd hear less of the nonsense.
You really prefer the Chick Young school of heh-heh-heh journalism?

Bit of consistency, eh?
Some valid points. However, to counter, we have Lemon's shit-show interviews at Livi recently and then this one from Alexander - and all the whining in the aftermath. We run the risk of brow-beating the interviewers (rather than the interviewees) into asking a series of bland questions in order to avoid 'confrontation'. These Managers are in the public eye, they have to expect to be held up to scrutiny and they should have the skill-set to be able to handle that. Alexander was childish and petulant, bizarre in the aftermath of what was an excellent win. He's used to being in front of the cameras. He could easily, had he chosen to do so, have handled that differently. Reference has been made to Gerrard. The difference being Gerrard said his bit, said it once, then moved the interviews on. Which is precisely what Alexander should, and could, have done.

Last edited:
Back