Graham Dorrans interview

Think Gerrard mentioned he never missed a game when injured, home and away. Genuine fan and seemed a top guy.

He looked half decent early on in the Pedro era.

Motherwell away, wasn’t it?
His mrs seemed to be at them often also been near her at a lot of away games.

I thought he still had more to offer based on his Villarreal cameo but Gerrard was clearly proven right on the timing of his exit. Remember the excitement in his face with those 2 goals at Motherwell, thought we'd finally got our hands on a goalscoring midfielder!
Also shows the media have no mouthpiece on the inside, EVERYTHING is all ex-pros now for insight

Gutted it didnt work for him. Still not even too sure on his position or type of midfielder? Seen so little of him in our shirt

I was really pleased when he signed and it's a shame we never got to see the best of him. I am looking forward to seeing him at the Wanderers and hopefully get the chance to meet him as part of the 55 celebrations down under

He started off well. I dont think he'd have been as good as some people think. He looked a bit rabbit in the headlights in his first OF game which was disappointing considering his age and experience. He definitely would have been a handy player for us though.

Good luck to him the injury from Power like Murphy pretty much finished him at us. He made a slow start but with more games he was getting better and scored a few goals as well but just wasn't to be for him.

Think Gerrard mentioned he never missed a game when injured, home and away. Genuine fan and seemed a top guy.

He looked half decent early on in the Pedro era.

Motherwell away, wasn’t it?

Seen him at livi away popping out the main stand to get something out his car, stopped for a couple of pictures and a chat with some younger fans. Guy hadn’t been near the squad in months by this point but still wanted to be there.

Pretty sure he booked out a central club deck box for most of the season for family too.

Absolutely gutted for him, not just the injury but the timing of it. The squad moved up a few levels while he was out.

Him and Murphy I will always feel very sorry for. 2 really good Rangers men who always conducted themselves with class and dignity.

Unfortunately those Killie b*stards wrecked both their careers with us, 1 that shite pitch and 1 that w*nker Power. Fully fit they would both have been part of this squad.

Enjoy your time in Oz Graham! :)

It’s always gutting when it doesn’t work out for genuine Rangers men like Dorrans, Murphy and Docherty.
More so for Dorrans and Murphy as at their best injury free they're at the level to be 1st team regulars in decent trophy winning teams imo. Docherty isn't at the required level and doubt he ever will be.

More so for Dorrans and Murphy as at their best injury free they're at the level to be 1st team regulars in decent trophy winning teams imo. Docherty isn't at the required level and doubt he ever will be.

I’d agree with that, still gutted for Doc though I know he tired his best and went out on loan to try and improve his chances. But like you said the reality is he just wasn’t good enough for us.

Seen him at livi away popping out the main stand to get something out his car, stopped for a couple of pictures and a chat with some younger fans. Guy hadn’t been near the squad in months by this point but still wanted to be there.

Pretty sure he booked out a central club deck box for most of the season for family too.

Absolutely gutted for him, not just the injury but the timing of it. The squad moved up a few levels while he was out.

Yes, he did have a club deck box. I had the pleasure of being his guest [I'm friends with his uncle].
Had a good laugh with his dad that day and Graham came up after the game for pictures with my family and his.
A really top bloke who lived the dream.

I’d agree with that, still gutted for Doc though I know he tired his best and went out on loan to try and improve his chances. But like you said the reality is he just wasn’t good enough for us.
He can look himself in the mirror and know he gave it everything and then some. Personally I would rather that in 20 years to say Jordan Jones knowing I made an arse if it by being an idiot numerous times.
As that interview said right move wrong time. Murphy and Dorrans would've been at Ibrox years before in normal circumstances imo. If 2012 never happened and it was business as usual we sign those 2 years before we did imo and they would've had decent Rangers careers.

'He's one of our own'
Was buzzing when we signed him but he was assaulted and would never have hit the heights needed. He'll be just as buzzing as us when we win silverware

“So I got people coming up and saying I wasn’t fit or hadn’t taken my opportunity”

What sort of absolute fucking rocket that purports to be a fan goes up and says that?

Lived as a boy in the same part of Glasgow as me & his parents still did when I was up a few years ago.

Power took his dream away, the scumbag.

Best of luck Graham, and once a Ranger .......

Yeah always sad to see a big Rangers fan not quite make it. Especially through bad luck. Hope it works out in Sydney for him.

Back