Graham Dorrans

He's the same age as Candeias and Arfield, neither of whom are close to being finished.

He's had a bad injury, but not a career threatening one.

At his age there's no reason why he won't come back stronger than ever.

With the hard work and commitment he's put into his rehab, I wouldn't bet against it.

Heart of a lion to come through the set backs he has.

Hear hear .

He's the same age as Candeias and Arfield, neither of whom are close to being finished.

With the hard work and commitment he's put into his rehab, I wouldn't bet against it.

Heart of a lion to come through the set backs he has.

Hear hear mate!

Last edited:
Only player to attend every home and away game while not involved

He's a Rangers fan anyway. I doubt it was any great hardship.

It's a shame its not worked out for him after finally getting to play for us, but we need players to be able to contribute on the park, not picking up a wage for nothing merely being a presence around the dressing room.

Heart of a lion to come through the set backs he has had.
Heart of a lion? Bit of an exaggerarting there.
Its is job to come back as he is on what some get in a year.
Somebody that fights real illness s and comes back has the heart of a lion.
Not overpaid footballers.

Heart of a lion? Bit of an exaggerarting there.
Its is job to come back as he is on what some get in a year.
Somebody that fights real illness s and comes back has the heart of a lion.
Not overpaid footballers.

I'm not comparing him to someone who's fighting a serious illness mate, not at all.

However, when you dedicate your life to making it to the elite level in your chosen sport, long term injuries can be difficult to deal with.

What's even harder is when you've followed your rehab programme to the letter, as Dorrans clearly had and then you encounter a set back, which puts you back to the start again.

Long, hard, painful hours, training on your own, rebuilding your aerobic base before even thinking about starting on your specific sports skills.

Trust me, I'm speaking from personal experience.

I've seen many an athlete try to take short cuts back after a bad injury, which either leads to another bad injury or never being able to reach their previous ability levels.

So what I maybe should've said is that Dorrans has the sporting heart of a lion.

There's absolutely no reason why he won't reach his previous level.

I'm not comparing him to someone who's fighting a serious illness mate, not at all.

However, when you dedicate your life to making it to the elite level in your chosen sport, long term injuries can be difficult to deal with.

What's even harder is when you've followed your rehab programme to the letter, as Dorrans clearly had and then you encounter a set back, which puts you back to the start again.

Long, hard, painful hours, training on your own, rebuilding your aerobic base before even thinking about starting on your specific sports skills.

I've seen many an athlete try to take short cuts back after a bad injury, which either leads to another bad injury or never being able to reach their previous ability levels.

So what I maybe should've said is that Dorrans has the sporting heart of a lion.

Durrant had the sporting heart of a lion,wouldnt label dorrans with that.

It's also his professional responsibility to put nothing less than 100% into his rehab.
As pointed out, the Rangers fans finance his 15K a week, or whatever he is paid.
He's had bad luck and I wish him well and a full recovery, but we cannot afford expensive passegers, so let's not laud him as a hero for following his rehab programs. It's the least we should expect and it's the ones that hit the bevy, when in the same boat, that should be highlighted and fired.

It's also his professional responsibility to put nothing less than 100% into his rehab.
As pointed out, the Rangers fans finance his 15K a week, or whatever he is paid.
He's had bad luck and I wish him well and a full recovery, but we cannot afford expensive passegers, so let's not laud him as a hero for following his rehab programs. It's the least we should expect and it's the ones that hit the bevy, when in the same boat, that should be highlighted and fired.

Agreed mate, but plenty don't put the proper work in.

Durrant was one of the best young players I have seen. In my opinion he was never quite the same player after his injury.

People also complaining about Rangers financing his wages...

1) He never chose to get injured and I. Am sure he would rather still be playing.

2) I'm sure rangers will have insurance covering his injury.

I hope to see him back playing for us but if not then no hard feelings from me.

You seem to like to agitate on threads for no apparent reason .

Clearly the poster assumes most normal people understand the context in which he said “ heart of a lion” . Only someone looking to cause aggro for nothing would question it the way you have . Bore off .
You seem to know a lot about me and my comments.
Heart of a lion is a stupid thing to say.
I say what i think, btw who says bore off, never heard that one , so piss off.

Absolute nonsense on this thread about telling Friends he thinks his career is over. He rejoined full training today and looked happy

https://ibb.co/pZJh2g9
Great news, I'm a big fan of Dorrans. The last time I heard that a player was chucking it through injuries was Kranjkcar, devastated me because he was such a classy footballer. I can't wait to see GD back in a blue shirt doing the business.

Absolute nonsense on this thread about telling Friends he thinks his career is over. He rejoined full training today and looked happy

https://ibb.co/pZJh2g9
Cheers bb. In the link on the official site I thought I saw him behind Jack in one pic, then further on saw Wallace sporting a goatee then started to doubt myself as he wasn't in any of the others but Wallace was. Thought my eyes were playing tricks, lol.

Back