Graham Murty on offtheball on Saturday

Not a fan TBH.

Multiple things can apply,

Should he have been given the chance, no

When given the chance did he have to act as he did, absolutely f*cking not.

Last edited:
Said he regrets taking Andy Halliday off before half time at Hampden and that Andy is a good guy that didn’t deserve that.

He also backed Rangers to win yesterday.

Said he regrets taking Andy Halliday off before half time at Hampden and that Andy is a good guy that didn’t deserve that.

That was messed up in every world of professional anything. If I was Andy, I would have clattered him in the dressing room.

Murty has regularly seemed like he's in the wrong movie. As someone who has interviewed hundreds of job applicants down the years how anyone could have spent five minutes in his company and thought he was interim manager material or should ever be near a camera or mic is beyond me. Not really his fault that, though. I'm sure he's a pleasant enough guy but that's not the job spec at Rangers.

Murty was given a disproportionate amount of abuse on here, over the people that put him in that position in the first place imo.
My interpretation of that is that the people who put him in the position deserve more abuse, rather than Murty less.

As I’ve said a number of times, no-one put a gun to his head and made him say yes. He could have been honest with them and said I think my capacity is in my current role and for the greater good of the club it would be best to identify someone else / more experienced. But he didn’t. He blundered ahead.

Neither him or the board came out of that period looking good.

Murty was given a disproportionate amount of abuse on here, over the people that put him in that position in the first place imo.
I could see the point after the first time but the second time he was more than happy to say he wanted the job. Deserves every bit of abuse he gets tbh.

Can't help but feel the fallout with Miller and Wallace was blown way out of proportion.
I thought Miller should've been given the interim job, but if the leaks from the dressing room were coming from him it's no surprise he didn't get it.

I find him an odd listen.

Seems like a really confused guy.

Can’t quite put my finger on it, but it’s always a little odd.

Him being appointed caretaker was symbolic of the state our club was in at the time. In normal circumstances he'd get nowhere near the job.

I can't bring myself to hate him as much as many on here. Shite manager, yes. But the fault lies with the board for having nobody else to manage the team at the time.

Promoted beyond his pay grade.
But he had the courage to give it a go at a difficult time where he was probably always destined to fail anyway.
Nonetheless, he is a good guy who was proud to be involved with the club and to give it his best shot.
He at the very least deserves to be treated with some dignity.
And at best, he is always welcome in the stands of Ibrox Park.

Back